Post here your Elvis' pictures

844 Chino Canyon pool 1972

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Charlie Hodge at the pool

Too bad that no pictures seem to have been taken of Elvis at his Chino Canyon home in Palm Springs.

I saw this pool with my own eyes in 1996 when I crossed the rocky grounds behind Elvis' house and pulled myself up the backwall.

In the the right top corner is Elvis' bedroom.
(Trivia: that's where Kathy Westmoreland lost her virginity when she made love to Elvis for the first time in the fall of 1970 as a 25 year old)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 844 Chino Canyon pool 1972

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:17 am

If I'm not mistaken that's carpet round that pool side.I believe Sandi Miller may have a piece of that but don't quote me on it

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:15 am

Little Darlin wrote:If I'm not mistaken that's carpet round that pool side.I believe Sandi Miller may have a piece of that but don't quote me on it

Too late.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:17 am

whatsupdoc wrote:Charlie Hodge at the pool

file-8.php.jpeg

Hodge - The Untold Story. (Trust me.)

whatsupdoc wrote:In the the right top corner is Elvis' bedroom.
(Trivia: that's where Kathy Westmoreland lost her virginity when she made love to Elvis for the first time in the fall of 1970 as a 25 year old)

Thanks for the photo, but I must say, . . . . . that I think the "trivia" bit is a little tacky.

N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 am

N880EP wrote:

Thanks for the photo, but I must say, . . . . . that I think the "trivia" bit is a little tacky.

I found the comment completely unnecessary, not to mention inaccurate.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Well I won't pretend to be able to comment on the accuracy of the comment it certainly seems to fit the `tacky' description

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Elvis had two bedrooms at that house. If memory serves, the room that is now displayed as the master suite (to the left of the pool and not shown in the photo) was added onto the original house.

It's been 15 years since I toured the house, but I remember the bedroom was not accessible from the original part of the house. You entered from outside, near the pool, kinda like a motel.

Hey N8! Stop teasing us and tell us some stories, would ya? You're just a fan. What's the harm?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Why is it that when somebody produces some obscure information that it is deemed unnecessary whereas if you unearth trivia it is a treasure trove..double standards mein doctor!!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:08 am

beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Why is it that when somebody produces some obscure information that it is deemed unnecessary whereas if you unearth trivia it is a treasure trove..double standards mein doctor!!

Why are you commenting on a reply made over 2 years ago?

Things slow around the tiny forum you usually visit?

As for the tasteless and inaccurate comment noted back in 2010, it's still just as tacky today.

Thank you.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Why are you commenting on a reply made over 2 years ago? lThings slow around the tiny forum you usually visit?

As for the tasteless and inaccurate comment noted back in 2010, it's still just as tacky today.

Thank you.

Didn't realise that statute of limitations were applicable to response time frame on this forum. You inaccurately make presumptions about the other forums I frequent. The only thing tacky and tasteless here is your wanton disregard for your fellow forum members.." Things slow around the tiny forum you usually visit" this is uncalled for and unnecessary. I might ask another member to reflect on this and apologise for the comment however in your case it is pointless. I believe your arrogance is such that it blinds your ability to recognize when you have wronged another person and show any sense of contrition.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 am

beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Why are you commenting on a reply made over 2 years ago? lThings slow around the tiny forum you usually visit?

Thank you.

Didn't realise that statute of limitations were applicable to response time frame on this forum. You inaccurately make presumptions about the other forums I frequent. The only thing tacky and tasteless here is your wanton disregard for your fellow forum members.." Things slow around the tiny forum you usually visit" this is uncalled for and unnecessary. I might ask another member to reflect on this and apologise for the comment however in your case it is pointless. I believe your arrogance is such that it blinds your ability to recognize when you have wronged another person and show any sense of contrition.

This is not true, and in fact just the opposite.
There is no arrogance in our good friend DJC, just facts, knowledge, and kindness.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 am

promiseland wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Thank you.

There is no arrogance in our good friend DJC, just facts, knowledge, and kindness.

Loyalty is a commendable quality but I believe it is blind loyalty.."kindness" ??? why don't you look at his response to my post and his reponse to many others. I have never doubted his wealth of knowledge it is just a shame it is harnessed to such an overbearing character who takes a perverse pleasure in belittling others and making wild unsubstantiated statements about his fellow members.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 am

beanban1 wrote:
promiseland wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
beanban1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:

Thank you.

Loyalty is a commendable quality but I believe it is blind loyalty.."kindness" ??? why don't you look at his response to my post and his reponse to many others. I have never doubted his wealth of knowledge it is just a shame it is harnessed to such an overbearing character who takes a perverse pleasure in belittling others and making wild unsubstantiated statements about his fellow members.

I think you are just overreacting The Doc doesn't seem to fit the profile you are exempting on his character.
Aside from hear-say opinions, he is very respectful, helpful, and kind to deserving members of the forum .

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 pm

my brother toured the house a couple of years ago. the guy who owned it was planning to open it as a museum and offered my brother and his friends a tour whle he was still getting it ready. theyve got some gr8 pics of it. they went all around the house, i'm still so jealous.

the guy even took a pic of them all and he gave them E shades to wear in the pic. apparently he was a really nice guy and a true Elvis devotee.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Trivia: that's where Kathy Westmoreland lost her virginity when she made love to Elvis for the first time in the fall of 1970 as a 25 year old

For those on this forum that doubt the accuracy of the statement above I refer to the book "Elvis & Kathy" pages 60, 61

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 am

That fact that Kathy made that private thing public knowledge sort of kills the idea that it is in more taste to mention it.