Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 pm

DarrylMac wrote:One thing I will say is that the audience inserts never sat well with me. Ian, I know the audience insert you mention is shown for the 1,2,3 routine, but it wasn't necessarily shot at that moment.

They seeme to edit it to show the audience laughing at Elvis, rather than with him. There are a few examples where the editors seem to be showing that the moves that once drew screams now drew laughter, and from reviews of the time, I'm not sure that's the case.


I understand that logic, but I think saying, "they were laughing at him" is taking the piss a bit, rather, a 42 year old, way past his prime former superstar, has been, trying to move like he once did gracefully when he rumbled the earth is probably more realistic.

DarrylMac wrote:Either way, thanks for the pictures / screen shots. Clearly they don't show Elvis at his best, but are good for the time. There were still times, even in 1977, when the old Elvis shone threw, however briefly...


We didn't want the "old Elvis" in '77, we wanted what he could have been and what once was, get it ?

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Minkahead - you say you don't want the old Elvis but you do want what he once was? Wouldn't that be the old Elvis?

Get it????? :roll:

When I talk of the oild Elvis, I mean sometimes, he broke through the depression, and joy / happiness came through, that's what I mean, not that he should have been trying to be what he was in the 50's / 60's. The look on his face after Unchained Melody would be a prime example - he feels he's accomplished something, and is pleased with himself.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Minkahead - you say you don't want the old Elvis but you do want what he once was? Wouldn't that be the old Elvis?

Get it????? :roll:

When I talk of the oild Elvis, I mean sometimes, he broke through the depression, and joy / happiness came through, that's what I mean, not that he should have been trying to be what he was in the 50's / 60's. The look on his face after Unchained Melody would be a prime example - he feels he's accomplished something, and is pleased with himself.


First, spell the name right.

Second, sit back and really start to think about what I wrote, let it soak, deep, deep within your membranes, then we might have a discussion, deal ?

Oh, and who and what is the oild Elvis ? You from North Jersey ? ha ha ...

I know, I know, typo, right ?

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:10 pm

I really don't think we have any hope of a discussion. I'll happily share views with any one who can be polite and respectful, but ending your posts with Get It or whatever, I'm not interested in any further interatction with you on this topic.

I have my view, you have yours, although I still don't know what yours actually is, let's leave it at that.

Ian, thanks for the pics.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I really don't think we have any hope of a discussion. I'll happily share views with any one who can be polite and respectful, but ending your posts with Get It or whatever, I'm not interested in any further interatction with you on this topic.

I have my view, you have yours, although I still don't know what yours actually is, let's leave it at that.

Ian, thanks for the pics.


So, are you insinuating I am not "polite" or "respectful" ? Have I touched a nerve ?

No problem buddy, no skin off my behind, have a great day. :D

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I really don't think we have any hope of a discussion. I'll happily share views with any one who can be polite and respectful, but ending your posts with Get It or whatever, I'm not interested in any further interatction with you on this topic.

I have my view, you have yours, although I still don't know what yours actually is, let's leave it at that.

Ian, thanks for the pics.
classy way to deal with rudeness on a messageboard - likeable!

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Christopher wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:I really don't think we have any hope of a discussion. I'll happily share views with any one who can be polite and respectful, but ending your posts with Get It or whatever, I'm not interested in any further interatction with you on this topic.

I have my view, you have yours, although I still don't know what yours actually is, let's leave it at that.

Ian, thanks for the pics.
classy way to deal with rudeness on a messageboard - likeable!


Exactly my thoughts, since both of you have no idea what you are talking about, get it ?

Didn't think so ...

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I got it,but i don't know what to do with it.
You want it?
::rocks

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 pm

By 1977, Elvis no longer had that "Greek God" look about him. Sad but true. He did that to himself. Why is it so hard for some to accept and understand?

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 am

Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.
Sure El didn't look his best physically at this point. Some people can see past that, is all I'm saying. All you have to do is listen to the voice. That tells you everything you need to know about how Elvis felt he needed to do his best for his fans. I will always love the CBS special, even though it is sad. I can see past the image, and look at the human being (they aren't one and the same, as the man himself once said). Isn't that what Elvis would have wanted?

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:53 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.

They aren't being criticized for that.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:08 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.
Sure El didn't look his best physically at this point. Some people can see past that, is all I'm saying. All you have to do is listen to the voice. That tells you everything you need to know about how Elvis felt he needed to do his best for his fans. I will always love the CBS special, even though it is sad. I can see past the image, and look at the human being (they aren't one and the same, as the man himself once said). Isn't that what Elvis would have wanted?

well said, that's exactly how i feel :smt023
and when i look at pictures or video of elvis on stage from this time, i don't see an overweight, sick man. i see a human being with an amazing charisma like no other, that he never lost. no matter what, that's what shines through when he's on stage. and about the voice, yea, really...that's all you have to listen to...even if you close your eyes and just listen to his voice, you can "feel his charisma"

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.
Sure El didn't look his best physically at this point. Some people can see past that, is all I'm saying. All you have to do is listen to the voice. That tells you everything you need to know about how Elvis felt he needed to do his best for his fans. I will always love the CBS special, even though it is sad. I can see past the image, and look at the human being (they aren't one and the same, as the man himself once said). Isn't that what Elvis would have wanted?


..........................................................................................................
Totally Agree with You Andy - Keep Rockn Buddy -Well said My Friend . Some songs he did attempt sounded great during this time of his Life - Listen to How Great Thou Art etc - He still had the voice - WOW - Love It .

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am

karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.
Sure El didn't look his best physically at this point. Some people can see past that, is all I'm saying. All you have to do is listen to the voice. That tells you everything you need to know about how Elvis felt he needed to do his best for his fans. I will always love the CBS special, even though it is sad. I can see past the image, and look at the human being (they aren't one and the same, as the man himself once said). Isn't that what Elvis would have wanted?


..........................................................................................................
Totally Agree with You Andy - Keep Rockn Buddy -Well said My Friend . Some songs he did attempt sounded great during this time of his Life - Listen to How Great Thou Art etc - He still had the voice - WOW - Love It .


-Ty bud. I'm not the religious type, but I love Elvis' gospel stuff. How Great Thou Art from the CBS has to be one of my favourite Elvis performances. It's not just the voice for me, but also because you can see and feel he meant every word. That is music from the heart. The best type there is :smt023

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Because some people have the ability to see beauty in everything. They shouldn't be criticised for that.
Sure El didn't look his best physically at this point. Some people can see past that, is all I'm saying. All you have to do is listen to the voice. That tells you everything you need to know about how Elvis felt he needed to do his best for his fans. I will always love the CBS special, even though it is sad. I can see past the image, and look at the human being (they aren't one and the same, as the man himself once said). Isn't that what Elvis would have wanted?


..........................................................................................................
Totally Agree with You Andy - Keep Rockn Buddy -Well said My Friend . Some songs he did attempt sounded great during this time of his Life - Listen to How Great Thou Art etc - He still had the voice - WOW - Love It .


-Ty bud. I'm not the religious type, but I love Elvis' gospel stuff. How Great Thou Art from the CBS has to be one of my favourite Elvis performances. It's not just the voice for me, but also because you can see and feel he meant every word. That is music from the heart. The best type there is :smt023


...Amen to that -
I Totally agree with ya bud - TCE4Ever -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 am

DarrylMac wrote:One thing I will say is that the audience inserts never sat well with me. Ian, I know the audience insert you mention is shown for the 1,2,3 routine, but it wasn't necessarily shot at that moment.

They seeme to edit it to show the audience laughing at Elvis, rather than with him. There are a few examples where the editors seem to be showing that the moves that once drew screams now drew laughter, and from reviews of the time, I'm not sure that's the case.

Either way, thanks for the pictures / screen shots. Clearly they don't show Elvis at his best, but are good for the time. There were still times, even in 1977, when the old Elvis shone threw, however briefly...

I watched that clip on Youtube a while back and thought the exact same thing.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Excellent pics.

However E looks terrible, such a shame he was wprking. I watched this concert just last week in TFC box set - it shocked me again and i've seen it plenty of times.

Well done to the estate for never making this public and i hope its never mainstream released.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:05 am

"Beauty" is in the eye of the beholder......

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 am

Awesome post
ty all for sharing ya pics - Enjoy these -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.