Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 am

Some screen grabs (See See Rider) I got from a YouTube video that I downloaded a while back! There are 4 more after these!! 8)

Just a note:The girl and fans are enjoying watching Elvis do the, two, two, three, four count leg movements etc. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ian on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Elvis looking great in Rapid City!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 am

More! Thank's a lot for the first picture posted here in the "second" set of pics goes to Julian, who posted it down the thread, and it's a real beauty!! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ian on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm

You're right. That girl sure looks great! Oh.... you meant the other pictures.... Never mind.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Hmmm...looking great in Rapid City? Are you serious?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Just a note:The girl and fans are enjoying watching Elvis do the, two, two, three, four count leg movements etc.
Last edited by ian on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Willie wrote:Hmmm...looking great in Rapid City? Are you serious?

What's wrong Willie?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh, that is Rapid City, isn't it? I thought it was TTWII clips for a minute there.

He looks stunning.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 am

Julian Grant wrote:Image

8) Wow, what an awesome pic Julian, thank-you very much for posting it!!!!! If you don't mind, I'm going to include it with my pics? 8) :smt006 8)

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:40 am

ian wrote:

What's wrong Willie?

Just don't understand how anyone can say Elvis was looking good in Rapid City. The picture might be a great one but Elvis looked terrible. Here is another one you probably will enjoy.

Willie

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 am

Willie wrote:
ian wrote:

What's wrong Willie?

Just don't understand how anyone can say Elvis was looking good in Rapid City. The picture might be a great one but Elvis looked terrible. Here is another one you probably will enjoy.

Willie

Over three decades later, there are still fans who wear blinders.

Such is the case of this topic, and someone making a pronouncement that Elvis looks "great."

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Normally I wouldn't react onto your picture postings, but this time I'd like to say that there are - imo - two possibilities for your post: Maybe you only want to provoke the well-known "anti-1977-section" with your statement that Elvis looked great in Rapid City or you really have to check in for some time in "Hotel Reality" to sharpen your mind.

It won't hurt Elvis or will take something away from him if some of his fans will grapple with reality and the things that happened. The blind devotion of a bigger part of his fans didn't kill Elvis at all, but in my opinion it was one reason that Elvis lost his path in life and the dedicaton for his (vision of) music. It would have helped him so much more to get things straight if there would have been people around him - including his fans - if he would have had to deal with honest criticism.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Well said, thanks a lot!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Joern wrote:Normally I wouldn't react onto your picture postings, but this time I'd like to say that there are - imo - two possibilities for your post: Maybe you only want to provoke the well-known "anti-1977-section" with your statement that Elvis looked great in Rapid City or you really have to check in for some time in "Hotel Reality" to sharpen your mind.

It won't hurt Elvis or will take something away from him if some of his fans will grapple with reality and the things that happened. The blind devotion of a bigger part of his fans didn't kill Elvis at all, but in my opinion it was one reason that Elvis lost his path in life and the dedicaton for his (vision of) music. It would have helped him so much more to get things straight if there would have been people around him - including his fans - if he would have had to deal with honest criticism.

+1

ETA: Ian? Slowly remove the blinders and step away from the computer......

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm

these are some stunning pictures indeed, and elvis looks AMAZING

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:these are some stunning pictures indeed, and elvis looks AMAZING

What about these reality reflections, Elvisgirl? -->

drjohncarpenter wrote:Over three decades later, there are still fans who wear blinders.
Such is the case of this topic, and someone making a pronouncement that Elvis looks "great."

Joern wrote:Normally I wouldn't react onto your picture postings, but this time I'd like to say that there are - imo - two possibilities for your post: Maybe you only want to provoke the well-known "anti-1977-section" with your statement that Elvis looked great in Rapid City or you really have to check in for some time in "Hotel Reality" to sharpen your mind.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm

javierTCB wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:these are some stunning pictures indeed, and elvis looks AMAZING

drjohncarpenter wrote:Over three decades later, there are still fans who wear blinders.

Good answer!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

javierTCB wrote:

you have your opinion, and i have mine

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Elvisgirl wrote:you have your opinion, and i have mine

So, if these June 1977 images look "amazing" to you, how do you rate Elvis in June 1968 or June 1956?

"Super-duper amazing"?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Whilst not wanting to get embroiled in a topic I would normally dismiss, the thought crossed my mind of why could fans say that Elvis looked great just month's before his death? The man clearly looked worse for wear.

To be honest it seems perverse to praise a man who looks far from his former glory! It's like saying a terminal patient looks great...

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:Whilst not wanting to get embroiled in a topic I would normally dismiss, the thought crossed my mind of why could fans say that Elvis looked great just month's before his death? The man clearly looked worse for wear.

To be honest it seems perverse to praise a man who looks far from his former glory! It's like saying a terminal patient looks great...

Best post of the day! ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 am

Matt Ashton wrote:Whilst not wanting to get embroiled in a topic I would normally dismiss, the thought crossed my mind of why could fans say that Elvis looked great just month's before his death? The man clearly looked worse for wear.

So true

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 am

Ty Ian Anderson For The Images on this thread - As a fan of many years I seriously think that Elvis worked way too hard during his career and it did take a toll on him at the end - These pictures and images show Elvis doing what he did best -entertaining his devoted fans and having a good time doing concerts and Tours . physically he was sick and I feel he should have rested from doing concerts and chilling out on a vacation or at Graceland with Lisa Marie and his family -

R.I.P.Elvis - Always Missed /Loved By us all - Never Forgotten -And Always In Our Hearts And Minds Forever - Long Live The Legend -Amen - TCE4Ever -
::rocks

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 am

Elvis did not look good in Omaha or Rapid City. He looked much better a few days later in Indianapolis his last show. I have never seen a human that could look so different year to year and yet he was always ELVIS.

Here is a Photoshop adjusted version of one of the pics in this post.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:45 pm

One thing I will say is that the audience inserts never sat well with me. Ian, I know the audience insert you mention is shown for the 1,2,3 routine, but it wasn't necessarily shot at that moment.

They seeme to edit it to show the audience laughing at Elvis, rather than with him. There are a few examples where the editors seem to be showing that the moves that once drew screams now drew laughter, and from reviews of the time, I'm not sure that's the case.

Either way, thanks for the pictures / screen shots. Clearly they don't show Elvis at his best, but are good for the time. There were still times, even in 1977, when the old Elvis shone threw, however briefly...