Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha From Hawaii - New LP set On Amazon.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aloha-Hawaii-vi ... 237&sr=1-1
Label: Friday Music.

Re: Aloha From Hawaii - New LP set On Amazon.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 am

unavailable

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 am

Never noticed how unflattering that shot of Elvis is, until now.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Justin you are so right. That that photo was used on an album of such historic significance is the ultimate disgrace. Neither artist, management nor label cared about anything other than shipping a double album out in time for RCA to make its 1st quarter earnings. I am still disgusted by it 40 years later.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:04 pm

RCA has been known to make very funny choices for Elvis' album covers through the years.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

lpa wrote:RCA has been known to make very funny choices for Elvis' album covers through the years.

Didn't care for that cover and of all people having on "Our Memories of Elvis" album, the Colonel.

I think RCA was also limited on choices for LPs and 45s released during his lifetime because Elvis stopped doing photo shoots back in '69.

One of my favorites...

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:09 pm

I still wonder why they used a 1972 picture of Elvis on stage for an Aloha album when Elvis looked fantastic at the Aloha concert
and the album was pressed after the show. They could have used stills of the show to fit the album.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 am

Actually I dont think that picture is so bad. When I bought this in the last seventies early eighties I remember thinking that this action shot showed what a dynamic performer that Elvis was.

Just my opinion
Burning Love

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 pm

fn2drive wrote:Justin you are so right. That that photo was used on an album of such historic significance is the ultimate disgrace. Neither artist, management nor label cared about anything other than shipping a double album out in time for RCA to make its 1st quarter earnings. I am still disgusted by it 40 years later.

SO TRUE!!!!!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Burning Love wrote:Actually I dont think that picture is so bad. When I bought this in the last seventies early eighties I remember thinking that this action shot showed what a dynamic performer that Elvis was.

Just my opinion
Burning Love

Couldn't agree more! The album slicks were prepared before the concert so the release could hit the streets as soon as possible after the event.

I've always enjoyed the action shot and thought our man looked really cool and energetic.

All down to opinion I guess.

elvisonline

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am

fn2drive wrote:That that photo was used on an album of such historic significance is the ultimate disgrace.

One of the worst picture used for a official cover....."mahalo from elvis" is another one.
Enjoy this in big unedited size :
:D

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:30 am

elvisonline wrote:
Burning Love wrote:Actually I dont think that picture is so bad. When I bought this in the last seventies early eighties I remember thinking that this action shot showed what a dynamic performer that Elvis was.

Just my opinion
Burning Love

Couldn't agree more! The album slicks were prepared before the concert so the release could hit the streets as soon as possible after the event.

I've always enjoyed the action shot and thought our man looked really cool and energetic.

elvisonline

That maybe your personal thought yet if you look at all the facts it still doesn't validate the choice or answer my question cause
if i follow your thoughts they could've also choose some Vegas 70's "Tigerman"stills to show of Elvis his action moves.

The album and concert if you checked the facts were made to bring Elvis more into mainstream households worldwide and as an
international performer. Just like Parker wanted to sell the 68 (christmas) Comeback show to the US audience (bucket of roses for
granny etc)

So back to what my original question was: Why have they chosen a 1972 picture of a somewhat bloated(facial) Elvis (you can also
see that in the EOT shows compared to the Vegas years) instead of the slim looking 1973 Aloha show.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 am

They had the cover ready before the special was taped.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 am

Double post
Last edited by Mike Eder on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 am

+1

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:19 pm

moffringa wrote:
elvisonline wrote:

Just my opinion
Burning Love

elvisonline

That maybe your personal thought yet if you look at all the facts it still doesn't validate the choice or answer my question cause
if i follow your thoughts they could've also choose some Vegas 70's "Tigerman"stills to show of Elvis his action moves.

The album and concert if you checked the facts were made to bring Elvis more into mainstream households worldwide and as an
international performer. Just like Parker wanted to sell the 68 (christmas) Comeback show to the US audience (bucket of roses for
granny etc)

So back to what my original question was: Why have they chosen a 1972 picture of a somewhat bloated(facial) Elvis (you can also
see that in the EOT shows compared to the Vegas years) instead of the slim looking 1973 Aloha show.

This might help... The original Aloha LP cover? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66894