Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

NEW STAR DVD

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 am

Just received this e-mail. Its DVD-r but sure looks like another winner from Star. :D

Coming November 6th:

Elvis On Tour – The Alternate Movie

Deluxe Digipack

40 years after the original movie premiered…STAR has done it again! This time you will get a completely new approach to the movie Elvis On Tour.

With little to no talk, this is the one you will play over and over!

The original movie still is a fan favourite, but the multiple screens spoil a lot of the actual performance of Elvis….

Now you can enjoy FULL SCREEN , and will discover angles not seen before!

Some songs are presented with Elvis wearing Multiple suits.

All songs are brandnew edits, and can not be compared to previous star releases like Through My Eyes and BTR.

Better sources are used to make this THE must have Christmas release!

As a little Christmas bonus the new duet clip I LOVE YOU BECAUSE with Lisa Marie is included, in EXCELLENT quality!

Tracklisting:

Johnny B. Goode - THE original version re-edited with footage of the rehearsal

See See Rider – Live Multiple Suits

Proud Mary – Live, Different camera angles used

Never Been to Spain – Live, Different camera angles used

Always On My Mind – Newly found source, excellent clip!

Where Do I Go From Here – New clip, Elvis travelling footage

Suspicious Minds – INCREDIBLE live edit, using multiple suits and footage taken from the original movie!

For the Good Times – Live version re-edited

Burning Love – Brandnew clip, using the SINGLE version with multiple live and

Rehearsal performances!

That´s All Right – Elvis On Tour 1971

I Got A Woman – Elvis On Tour 1971, combined with 72 footage!

A Big Hunk O´ Love – Re-edited rehearsal clip

Until It´s Time for You to Go – Live version multiple suits (three different ones!)

Polk Salad Annie Live, Different camera angles used

Love Me – Live version re-edited

Teddy Bear/Don´t Be Cruel – Live version re-edited

Heartbreak Hotel – Newly found rehearsal edit

Hound Dog – Newly found rehearsal edit

Are You Lonesome Tonight? – Live version re-edited

I Can´t Stop Loving You – Live version re-edited

Release Me – Live version re-edited

Bridge Over Troubled Water – Live, Different camera angles used

Lead Me, Guide Me – New clip, audio is the STUDIO version!

How Great Thou Art – Live, Different camera angles used

An American Trilogy– Live, Different camera angles used, WITH REPRISE!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEW STAR DVD

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 am

I LOVE YOU BECAUSE with Lisa Marie is included, in EXCELLENT quality!

Making a point that the Lisa Marie footage is excellent and no rating for the on tour footage is obvious it's poor quality.

Without screens or samples I'll pass.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Ho hum!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Have order it.......Star never let me down

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 pm

The person who send me an email about STAR dvds, please sent me a PM, thanks :smt002

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm

altough star dont use unreleased material (probably they dont have any), There edits are topnotch, and as suspicious minds wasnt on tour, i cant wait to see the edit they made to it.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Looks good to me. I did a remake once, On Tour The Crown Edition.
And although it was clearly edited in an amateurist way (I used Nerovision!) i recenly watched it and i
really enjoyed it. Its obvious a remake would make it much better to enjoy and i could not think of better pro, go for it STAR!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Ho hum!

Another 're-edit' to follow in a few weeks time with slightly different tinting or something....

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:11 pm

robg wrote:Usual Free download will do

+1

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I wish they'd just use straightforward versions of songs and not fool around with the sound. I mean, why dub the poor studio version of Lead Me Guide Me over the excellent heartfelt impromptu version? And why use multi-show visuals for CC Rider?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I wish they'd just use straightforward versions of songs and not fool around with the sound. I mean, why dub the poor studio version of Lead Me Guide Me over the excellent heartfelt impromptu version? And why use multi-show visuals for CC Rider?

It's what they do and keep doing.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
robg wrote:Usual Free download will do

+1

+2

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I wish they'd just use straightforward versions of songs and not fool around with the sound. I mean, why dub the poor studio version of Lead Me Guide Me over the excellent heartfelt impromptu version? And why use multi-show visuals for CC Rider?

star does this to present something diffrent then whats usually done, they probably mix San Antonio with Hampton Roads and Macon (another tread on this board).

Atleast its something diffrent.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 am

Johnny2523 wrote:

star does this to present something diffrent then whats usually done, they probably mix San Antonio with Hampton Roads and Macon (another tread on this board).

So is a re-mix of "Old Shep" featuring computerized dance beats, but it doesn't mean it's right to tamper with history.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 am

Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

So is a re-mix of "Old Shep" featuring computerized dance beats, but it doesn't mean it's right to tamper with history.

Its ok, the original is still available to get. :wink:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:16 am

Could someone PM where I may purchase Star dvd's? Prefer US if possible. thanks!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:07 pm

For distribution in NL, pls PM me too. Thanks.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:43 pm

can somebody please PM me where i can get this (and other star dvdr´s)? thanks in advance.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Jambalaya wrote:can somebody please PM me where i can get this (and other star dvdr´s)? thanks in advance.

Have you tried i0ffer.com ?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Jambalaya wrote:can somebody please PM me where i can get this (and other star dvdr´s)? thanks in advance.

Have you tried i0ffer.com ?

Thanxalot :D , i will try it right now, didn´t know about it before.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

This release is something I really have been waiting for .

In the early 90's I managed to get a European Warner Bros. VHS-relase containing Kissin' Cousins and Elvis On Tour.
I think I did not expect to be much impressed by the latter , since the split screen and the lack of colour made it really tough
going to watch it through.

Great was my amazement when I noticed that the full colouring had been established and every screenflash was ONE
picture !! Lo and behold , it had a sound quality that blew me away !! I am no expert , but I feel that the official DVD and BluRay
by no means can compete with this old VHS .

Then , a friend of mine told me that he had heard even better tape versions of some of the outtakes. Well , when Dvd came along
I bought several dvd with outtakes , but always felt cheated on account of bad quality.

Now it seems STAR has compiled a completely new and different version , using the the best possible one-screen versions and
stamping out the senseless drivel that appeared in the original version from 72. OK , it won th Golden Globe . My kudos to the makers!
But how often do we need to see that old man in the doorway and hysterical fans ? As I understand it , STAR decided to put more
ELVIS in the picture !

OOH, I can't wait !!! ( and I'm soon in the same age group as the old man in the doorway.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Don't say that, you are giving STAR some ideas for thier next release.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Could someone please PM me were to order this DVD in The Netherlands?

Thanks, :lol: :D :D :D :D

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am

promiseland wrote:
I LOVE YOU BECAUSE with Lisa Marie is included, in EXCELLENT quality!

Making a point that the Lisa Marie footage is excellent and no rating for the on tour footage is obvious it's poor quality.

Without screens or samples I'll pass.

Promiseland- Congrats on your man getting re-elected. The day after the election the stock market fell 250 points and gas started going up again. Gonna be another 4 great years! :shock:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Just watched this its ok they used 8mm also of Kansa city 71, Houston 71 also The Lost Performances