Off Topic Messages

A Ray of Hope for President Obama's Campaign!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Meat Loaf backs Romney, citing the candidate’s ‘backbone’ The Ticket - Yahoo! News
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/meat-loaf-backs-romney-citing-candidate-backbone-024350047--election.html

:D

Re: A Ray of Hope for President Obama's Campaign!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 pm

A meat loaf backing a mor(m)on running for president...only in America...!

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:59 am

MB280E wrote:A meat loaf backing a mor(m)on running for president...only in America...!

Sincerely MB280E

Them's cheap tactics dudes. :roll: Clint "Go ahead, make my day" West, er, ah, Eastwood is supporting Mr. Romney too!!!!! 8)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 am

ian wrote:Clint "Go ahead, make my day" West, er, ah, Eastwood is supporting Mr. Romney too!!!!! 8)

Yes!

Like Meat Loaf, Clint Eastwood's appearance at the RNC was very persuasive, a major plus for Romney.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am

I saw a news clip of this the other day...Meatloaf cannot sing!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ian wrote:Clint "Go ahead, make my day" West, er, ah, Eastwood is supporting Mr. Romney too!!!!! 8)

Yes!

Like Meat Loaf, Clint Eastwood's appearance at the RNC was very persuasive, a major plus for Romney.

8) It was!!!!! 8) Most people (Democrats and Liberals, and ignorant Republicans) didn't "get" how awesome Mr. Eastwood was!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 am

ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yes!

8) It was!!!!! 8) Most people (Democrats and Liberals, and ignorant Republicans) didn't "get" how awesome Mr. Eastwood was!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Oh, Clint Eastwood was incredibly awesome at the RNC.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 am

I agree he's been awesome in the movies. At the convention, eh.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yes!

Oh, Clint Eastwood was incredibly awesome at the RNC.

8) He sure was!!!!! :!: 8) :smt006 8)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:42 am

likethebike wrote:I agree he's been awesome in the movies. At the convention, eh.

Oh, c'mon, he WAS awesome! It was a piece of performance art worthy of Guy DeBord! I swear! He ravaged their night! :smt004

The POTUS got the last word on Twitter that night: "this seat's taken." I have a screenshot when it was first posted!

rjm

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 am

Eastwood was so good at the RNC, the talking chair routine became instantly viral & a cult phenomenom.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:54 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Eastwood was so good at the RNC, the talking chair routine became instantly viral & a cult phenomenon.

It was a new version of "The Old Man and the Chair."

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 am

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... elps_obama

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Eastwood was so good at the RNC, the talking chair routine became instantly viral & a cult phenomenon.

Obama wasn't too happy that Dirty Harry was kicking his sorry a** out of his chair! :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:19 am

paulsweeney wrote:I saw a news clip of this the other day...Meatloaf cannot sing!

I also saw the clip and it was unbelievably bad. You'd never know that he used to be able to sing.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Obama wasn't too happy that Dirty Harry was kicking his sorry a** out of his chair! :lol:

It seems pretty clear that President Obama and the entire Democratic party were most pleased with Eastwood's lengthy debate with a piece of furniture.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 pm

ian wrote:
MB280E wrote:A meat loaf backing a mor(m)on running for president...only in America...!

Sincerely MB280E

Them's cheap tactics dudes. :roll: Clint "Go ahead, make my day" West, er, ah, Eastwood is supporting Mr. Romney too!!!!! 8)

Another example of cheap tactics: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gingrich-rumor-says-networks-have-white-house-emails-telling-counterterrorism-group-to-stand-down-on-benghazi-rescue/

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

It seems pretty clear that President Obama and the entire Democratic party were most pleased with Eastwood's lengthy debate with a piece of furniture.

It was great improvisation by a super cool and great actor, and he didn't need a teleprompter either!!!!! 8)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am

ian wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:It seems pretty clear that President Obama and the entire Democratic party were most pleased with Eastwood's lengthy debate with a piece of furniture.

It was great improvisation by a super cool and great actor, and he didn't need a teleprompter either!!!!! 8)

If there had been a teleprompter, they could have started a card game.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:10 pm

phpBB [video]

This eye-opening video of interviews with Romney's supporters at an Ohio rally has some footage of the Meatloaf endorsement, and his version of America The Beautiful.

It's a fun watch.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Like a bat out of hell he'll be gone when the morning comes.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:03 pm

I do hope that Obama remains the US President.

Mitt Romney reminds me of a villian from a James Bond film who wants to take over the world.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 pm

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
phpBB [video]

This eye-opening video of interviews with Romney's supporters at an Ohio rally has some footage of the Meatloaf endorsement, and his version of America The Beautiful.

It's a fun watch.

That has to be one of the most depressing eight and half minutes I have seen this year. We see a lot of older, confused and scared white Americans, looking for someone or something to blame. People died for the right to vote that we now take for granted, and here we find people at a Romney rally who cannot credibly articulate why they will be supporting his candidacy. And for the young people interviewed, the decline of our educational standard has never been more evident. Sad, sad, sad.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingOfTheJungle wrote:
phpBB [video]

It's a fun watch.

That has to be one of the most depressing eight and half minutes I have seen this year. We see a lot of older, confused and scared white Americans, looking for someone or something to blame. People died for the right to vote that we now take for granted, and here we find people at a Romney rally who cannot credibly articulate why they will be supporting his candidacy. And for the young people interviewed, the decline of our educational standard has never been more evident. Sad, sad, sad.

Yes I got that impression. The people interviewed in that video could not back-up any of there assertions with any credible evidence.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingOfTheJungle wrote:
phpBB [video]

It's a fun watch.

Holy sh&t that video is scary, depressing and does not speak well for the people interviewed. Education is key. An uninformed electorate will do and say things that makes absolutely no sense. This video is proof of that. I hope that despite all the obstacles the President faces, that he is re-elected on Tuesday. If it was up to the rest of the world, he would be re-elected in a heartbeat...but it is up to the citizens of the USA...and I really don't know what Tuesday will bring.