Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: EOT Macon 4-15-72

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Guys,

I'm 100% sure this is Detroit footage.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Alexander wrote:San Antonio for sure. Elvis was wearing the Spectrum suit on both Macon shows.

That's incorrect. He wore the Red Lion/Red Matador suit in Macon. There's even pics of him getting off the plane in Macon with the jumpsuit on. I have them but don't feel like searching through nearly 4,000 pictures to find them. This footage is a combination of Macon, GA & San Antonio, TX.
Last edited by Tony Trout on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm

any

where is the cd of this show i want to download it ?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Renan wrote:Guys,

I'm 100% sure this is Detroit footage.

Who can doubt ?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Tony Trout wrote:That's incorrect. He wore the Red Lion/Red Matador suit in Macon. There's even pics of him getting off the plane in Macon with the jumpsuit on. I have them but don't feel like searching through nearly 4,000 pictures to find them. This footage is a combination of Macon, GA & San Antonio, TX.

I can't see anything from San Antonio in this clip. The band is wearing powder blue all the time. They were wearing black in SA.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm

OnTourCam wrote:any

where is the cd of this show i want to download it ?

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/720406.htm

.... courage :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Gunter wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:That's incorrect. He wore the Red Lion/Red Matador suit in Macon. There's even pics of him getting off the plane in Macon with the jumpsuit on. I have them but don't feel like searching through nearly 4,000 pictures to find them. This footage is a combination of Macon, GA & San Antonio, TX.

I can't see anything from San Antonio in this clip. The band is wearing powder blue all the time. They were wearing black in SA.

+1

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm

:arrow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 pm

steevefry wrote:
Gunter wrote:

+1

Look at Elvis's hair. It was styled that way in San Antonio, TX, and it stayed that way all throughout the show. This footage is a compilation of different locations.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 am

love your work steevefry

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 pm

It's definitely Detroit. There's other footage of him with a big scarf too, on stage in Detroit, with the same set up, band in blue etc. The backstage footage in the red room shown in EOT is Macon, the backstage footage shown above with his sunglasses on is Detroit, and the footage in the out-takes, and in the movie where he's shown entering from behind a curtain, and leaving through the same curtain is Detroit.

They filmed something at pretty much every stop on the tour, be it on stage, backstage, in the limo etc, but they filmed almost everywhere he went.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:05 pm

This is San Antonio with the footage seen in the beginning of this topic footage before it! this is done by star so expectable...

phpBB [video]

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:55 pm

That's incorrect. He wore the Red Lion/Red Matador suit in Macon. There's even pics of him getting off the plane in Macon with the jumpsuit on. I have them but don't feel like searching through nearly 4,000 pictures to find them. This footage is a combination of Macon, GA & San Antonio, TX.

Tony, in the first clip posted here, there's no San Antonio at all - it's 100% Detroit, with the band in blue, and a fixed hand held camera angle from one side of the stage.

In the fantastic, well known Star version of CC Rider, as posted by Johnny, that does include Detroit and San Antonio footage, plus the backstage bits of various venues.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 am

OnTourCam wrote:love your work steevefry

:smt002

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 am

DarrylMac wrote:

Tony, in the first clip posted here, there's no San Antonio at all - it's 100% Detroit, with the band in blue, and a fixed hand held camera angle from one side of the stage.

In the fantastic, well known Star version of CC Rider, as posted by Johnny, that does include Detroit and San Antonio footage, plus the backstage bits of various venues.

::rocks

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:22 am

Well, I can 100 percent guarantee the backstage footage is Macon. I vividly remember all the red walls in Macon.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:40 pm

steve in SC wrote:Well, I can 100 percent guarantee the backstage footage is Macon. I vividly remember all the red walls in Macon.

Yeah you can also tel from his hairstyle. This was not San Antonio or Detroit.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Yes, it WAS San Antonio!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Yes, it WAS San Antonio!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:roll:
:smt005
:smt100
smt194

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 pm

:!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:08 pm

steve in SC wrote:Well. I was at the afternoon show in Macon and I believe it was indeed the Red Lion suit but it's been a long time and the only thing I am sure of is it was white, LOL!! One thing that makes me think this was Macon is the position of the spotlights. Macon was not high at all especially in the back of the arena and these spotlights are low. I believe spotlights in both SA and Detroit would be much higher(bigger arenas).This film was from EOT so if it was Detroit or Macon doesn't this give us reason to believe more on stage footage was shot from other other locations than originally thought. Who really knows waht is in those cans?

From Macon - afternoon :

No balcony in Macon Coliseum ? you confirm ?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

steevefry wrote::!:

the backstage pic is not San Antonio but Macon April 15. 8:30 pm look at his hair partly covers his forehead but not on San Antonio

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 am

forget my comment lol
Last edited by OnTourCam on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 am

steevefry wrote:
steve in SC wrote:Well. I was at the afternoon show in Macon and I believe it was indeed the Red Lion suit but it's been a long time and the only thing I am sure of is it was white, LOL!! One thing that makes me think this was Macon is the position of the spotlights. Macon was not high at all especially in the back of the arena and these spotlights are low. I believe spotlights in both SA and Detroit would be much higher(bigger arenas).This film was from EOT so if it was Detroit or Macon doesn't this give us reason to believe more on stage footage was shot from other other locations than originally thought. Who really knows waht is in those cans?

From Macon - afternoon :

No balcony in Macon Coliseum ? you confirm ?

I do not remember a balcony in Macon. There is a crowd shot in EOT that confirms this I believe.

Found this current pic:
http://www.maconcentreplex.com/coliseum.html

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 pm

robbie wrote:
steevefry wrote::!:

the backstage pic is not San Antonio but Macon April 15. 8:30 pm look at his hair partly covers his forehead but not on San Antonio

Correct and THAT hairstyle RIGHT THERE is what I'm referring to when I say that the shots of "See See Rider" are, in fact, from San Antonio, TX. That sure ain't Detroit! His hair stayed the same way during all of the show in San Antonio, TX.