Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What Elvis CD's are considered rare now?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 am

It seems "Welcome to my World" from 1992 is hard to come by. "Elvis for Everyone" is another. I've collected all the CD's from 1984 up to 2000. I don't intend to ever sell them, but what CD is considered rare nowadays in the CD world? Besides the first fake stereo ones from '84? I use to go by if I didn't see it in a store anymore, it must be deleted and not available. The Double Featues CD's from the '90's are out of print. are they rare? Or a date with Elvis or For LP Fans Only are they considered rare? Just curious! And by the way..... ::rocks

Re: What Elvis CD's are considered rare now?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 am

I believe this set from 1984 is hard to come by...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am

sgoodyear62 wrote:It seems "Welcome to my World" from 1992 is hard to come by. "Elvis for Everyone" is another. I've collected all the CD's from 1984 up to 2000. I don't intend to ever sell them, but what CD is considered rare nowadays in the CD world? Besides the first fake stereo ones from '84? I use to go by if I didn't see it in a store anymore, it must be deleted and not available. The Double Featues CD's from the '90's are out of print. are they rare? Or a date with Elvis or For LP Fans Only are they considered rare? Just curious! And by the way..... ::rocks

Have a look at this topic perhaps. It will save having another thread about the same thing;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53762

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:
sgoodyear62 wrote:It seems "Welcome to my World" from 1992 is hard to come by. "Elvis for Everyone" is another. I've collected all the CD's from 1984 up to 2000. I don't intend to ever sell them, but what CD is considered rare nowadays in the CD world? Besides the first fake stereo ones from '84? I use to go by if I didn't see it in a store anymore, it must be deleted and not available. The Double Featues CD's from the '90's are out of print. are they rare? Or a date with Elvis or For LP Fans Only are they considered rare? Just curious! And by the way..... ::rocks

Have a look at this topic perhaps. It will save having another thread about the same thing;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53762

Thanks, saw that thread, But I'm talking about RCA/BMG/ cd's the bought in the store U.S. releases. I keep seeing common cd's on ebay (or at least what I assume are common) with starting bids or asking prices that seem obscene. Is the 1992 "Welcome to my World" (for example) really worth $50 bucks? Is it because it's out of print and has never been reissued? If that's the case then "For lp fans only" and "A date with Elvis" should go for that amount i'm thinking. If the value is only because it's out of print.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I would think that Elvis For Everyone and Welcome To My World will be worth less now that the 20CD set has been made available which includes both. A number of people will have bought the set, sold the originals as they don't need two copies, and therefore the price will come down. The 199 edition of the Fool album is now £2.12 used on amazon.co.uk, which is just 10% of the price it was before the 20CD set came out which includes the album with 2007 mastering. That said, a quick look shows that WTMW has yet to come down in price - but perhaps the 1992 CD of that sold less than the was 1994 issue of Fool.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Viva Elvis?

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Elvis Sings For Children.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

poormadpeter wrote:

I would think that Elvis For Everyone and Welcome To My World will be worth less now that the 20CD set has been made available which includes both. A number of people will have bought the set, sold the originals as they don't need two copies, and therefore the price will come down. The 199 edition of the Fool album is now £2.12 used on amazon.co.uk, which is just 10% of the price it was before the 20CD set came out which includes the album with 2007 mastering. That said, a quick look shows that WTMW has yet to come down in price - but perhaps the 1992 CD of that sold less than the was 1994 issue of Fool.

Yes, I'm thinking titles like the "Fool" cd, and such since are out of print here in the U.S. in their first pressings may be collectible for the original cover art and such. Just curious. When the "Fool" cd was released here in 1994, it caused the 1973 vinyl copy to drop in price.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 am

Back in the 80's, one of the first USA CD releases, was a Christmas release with a unique cover.

I forget the title, but it was rare even when it came out.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:19 am

ekenee wrote:

Back in the 80's, one of the first USA CD releases, was a Christmas release with a unique cover.

Both, Mega Rare.
DSCN3732.JPG

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 am

Barry wrote:
ekenee wrote:

Both, Mega Rare.
DSCN3732.JPG

That's the one.

And remember "Clambake/ Speedway" double length CD. That one was rare too. Abudget release if I recall.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 am

Hey TTWII, that cd you just listed on ebay appears to be a now newly discovered different pressing than the one on elvisoncd.com also.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:35 pm

I´ve never located the Australian CD-issue of Guitar Man, you know the Felton Jarvis-project of 1980. It was released in early 90´s and just sold out immedaitely I guess.
The original AJ Records-issue of Since Cincinnati [sic] is also very hard to find, help me please.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

drghanem wrote:I´ve never located the Australian CD-issue of Guitar Man, you know the Felton Jarvis-project of 1980. It was released in early 90´s and just sold out immedaitely I guess.
The original AJ Records-issue of Since Cincinnati [sic] is also very hard to find, help me please.

[sic]?

Brian

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm

drghanem wrote:I´ve never located the Australian CD-issue of Guitar Man, you know the Felton Jarvis-project of 1980. It was released in early 90´s and just sold out immedaitely I guess.

The GUITAR MAN RCA CD exist also as a German RCA Club Edition CD

Also very RARE

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 pm

OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS - SPCD 061188

Dutch Fan Club Release, 1988

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Wish that I will ever find the readers digest release greatest hits, South Africa 4 cd release.
Keep on dreaming, I guess.........

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm

It looks the same on the front and back covers, but pay close attention to the print on the actual cd. That's the clue the print is different on the cd indicating a different pressing.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:08 am

Barry wrote:
ekenee wrote:

Both, Mega Rare.
DSCN3732.JPG

I have the Hits from his movies cd, that was an Avon only release. I remember seeing the Christmas one in the store when it first came out. Didn't buy it (stupid me!) because i already had the songs on it. Buying cd's was just beginning when that release came out.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 am

Rusty Wells 2 wrote:Wish that I will ever find the readers digest release greatest hits, South Africa 4 cd release.

THIS is the RAREST of the RAREST !! 8)

A very nice Rare and unique CD Box Set :)

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

Andy-M wrote:
Rusty Wells 2 wrote:Wish that I will ever find the readers digest release greatest hits, South Africa 4 cd release.

THIS is the RAREST of the RAREST !! 8)

A very nice Rare and unique CD Box Set :)

This is quite rare as well. Canadian Set.
DSCN3735.JPG

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 pm

thatsthewayitis wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Double-Play-Speedway-Clambake-/221146698088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_210&hash=item337d5ed168

A lot of thought went into that cover, didn't it?? LOL

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Elvis sings Engelbert Humperdinck LoL

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 pm

EP
DSCN3739.JPG