Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Anyone have close up photos of the rings from Aloha Spec

Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59 pm

I know this is a very late reply to this BUT I believe I have found the answer to the original poster's question about the rings on Elvis's right hand - at least two of the rings. Go to this link:

Elvis Arriving In Hawaii On January 9, 1973

Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you should, hopefully, see at least two of the rings that he wore for the show.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Some new pictures there Tony, thanks for the link!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm

elvisnorway wrote:Some new pictures there Tony, thanks for the link!

You're welcome. I visit that site/forum quite frequently and I don't know why I hadn't thought to look there for pics of the rings.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 am

Angel1403 wrote:Hi folks,

Regarding the very large horseshoe ring on his left hand, the centre stone was 11.5 carat, the same size as the tcb ring main diamond. The ring shank was platinum and gold.

I wrote to Graceland regarding this ring around 20 years ago and got a nice reply. I still have the letter lol.

I asked if they had that ring. They don't, Elvis gave it away :-O

It's my favourite of his rings :-)

He gave away the Aloha ring?? :shock:
You sure?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:45 pm

JaneTLC wrote:
Angel1403 wrote:Hi folks,

Regarding the very large horseshoe ring on his left hand, the centre stone was 11.5 carat, the same size as the tcb ring main diamond. The ring shank was platinum and gold.

I wrote to Graceland regarding this ring around 20 years ago and got a nice reply. I still have the letter lol.

I asked if they had that ring. They don't, Elvis gave it away :-O

It's my favourite of his rings :-)

He gave away the Aloha ring?? :shock:
You sure?

If EPE said it, I'm sure they're right.....*insert sarcasm here*

I've seen pics of him after the Aloha show as far as 1975 and he still is wearing the ring. The question now is: Where is the large Horseshoe ring? Same question goes for the belt he gave away during the show. Of course, we know where the cape is now - right at Graceland where it rightfully belongs.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Here are some (fairly) close-up of photos of the three rings on his right hand:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Here's a great close up of the diamond ring he wore in Aloha, one of the best I've seen of the ring itself. The photographer has Elvis himself out of focus, but the ring itself is crystal clear. It's from a later show in May 75, as seen in a different thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:39 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Here's a great close up of the diamond ring he wore in Aloha, one of the best I've seen of the ring itself. The photographer has Elvis himself out of focus, but the ring itself is crystal clear. It's from a later show in May 75, as seen in a different thread.

I mentioned earlier two posts above yours in this thread that he did wear the Aloha horseshoe ring (that's what I affectionately call it) into 1975 but he ditched it afterwards and I believe that he gave it to someone. I've read somewhere that he gave it to James Burton but - I have no evidence to back that claim up. I may email EPE about it and see what they tell me.

BTW, I purchased the Aloha horseshoe ring from Artie Dadyan and, due to my hands swelling, I'm having to send it back to have it re-sized but Artie has also made those three rings we see on Elvis's right hand and I'm purchasing them very soon.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Tony - I did see your post, but thought I'd share the photo too, as thats that the original post was asking about. That 1975 photo is one of the best I've seen of that ring clearly in focus.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Hi Tony - I did see your post, but thought I'd share the photo too, as thats that the original post was asking about. That 1975 photo is one of the best I've seen of that ring clearly in focus.

I agree. There are many from the Aloha show, itself, but screen grabs from the various DVD releases over the years would be the only way to get them.

ETA: I almost forgot this but the recently released JAT book, "Aloha From Hawaii" has some GREAT images of the ring. Sadly, there aren't too many in color - most are in black & white. Also, and I don't know how I forgot it but Jordan Ritchie's forum also has some great and (unseen by me, at least) photos from the Aloha show that are in color that shows the detail of the ring