Off Topic Messages

Cody Slaughter as young Elvis.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 am

How cool is this guy?....watching this guy almost gives me the same feeling when i saw my first Elvis film- Loving You....if you haven't already seen him have a look at this on YouTube.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

When i first saw this clip the hairs on the back of my stood up lol.....the likeness of his VOICE and looks is incredible....and he's got Elvis' moves off to perfection.

I'm a huge Elvis fan and don't particularly enjoy's ETA's.....but Cody is mesmerising like the young Elvis, and should they ever make a decent movie of E's life this is the guy who should play him.

Re: Cody Slaughter as young Elvis.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm

He looks the part and is very good. Someone like Cody is far better for the Elvis legacy than all those terrible fat late '70's impersonaters, who turn Elvis into a laughing stock!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm

He looks and sounds good

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:31 pm

to me it's just another impersonator. and i don't like any of them

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm

DonĀ“t like it. I could, however, see him portrait EP in a movie about EP (if he is a decent actor).

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:27 pm

Just another impersonator. Maybe one of the better ones (if such a category exists), but with that same vile mentality. He studied the 50's moves very well, but that's it. :smt018

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 pm

I think he does the 50's 'persona' very well.......just the right amount of cockiness

Didn't like 'Wearing that loved on Look'. He was forcing his voice to sound deeper....sounds artificial

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 pm

I think he is the best 50's Elvis tribute artist i have seen but he should stay well away from the 'jumpsuit' look.

Id like to see him do more performances in the 50's and early 60's era, also think he could do a good portrayal of Elvis' 68 Special and end his act at that.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm

I had a chance to see both Cody and Shawn Klush this past weekend but.....things didn't work out for that to happen. I've only seen YouTube vids of Shawn Klush and was really wanting to see him in Atlanta, GA this past weekend.....:(

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Shawn Klush is very good at portraying a 70's Elvis but from what i've seen of him in interviews i have come to the conclusion that he is completely mad.

Re: Cody Slaughter - Greatest 50's Elvis?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
phpBB [video]

Cody may well indeed be a fine young man but he reminds me more of this guy than he does EP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOTEroj ... re=related
phpBB [video]

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Sorry but the only similarity there is the pink jacket's lol.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Cody's a nice lad and his 50s Elvis mannerisms are very good it must be said. He's the right build and height, got a great look (he looks VERY different without the wig) but he isn't an actor. If it goes to film - it HAS to be a good actor.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Cody's a nice lad and his 50s Elvis mannerisms are very good it must be said. He's the right build and height, got a great look (he looks VERY different without the wig) but he isn't an actor. If it goes to film - it HAS to be a good actor.

I disagree.

All of the actors that have portrayed Elvis over the years have been a disaster.

Cody would be perfect to play a 50's Elvis in a film.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Bodie wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Cody's a nice lad and his 50s Elvis mannerisms are very good it must be said. He's the right build and height, got a great look (he looks VERY different without the wig) but he isn't an actor. If it goes to film - it HAS to be a good actor.

I disagree.

All of the actors that have portrayed Elvis over the years have been a disaster.

I know Cody and he's confident on stage but VERY shy off. I can't even begin to imagine him acting out a script. Acting doesn't come easy to just anyone.

I still reckon Johnny Depp would be an excellent choice to play Elvis. He may not look like him, but his acting skills are amazing.

Re: Cody Slaughter - Greatest 50's Elvis?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Julian Grant wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
phpBB [video]

Cody may well indeed be a fine young man but he reminds me more of this guy than he does EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOTEroj ... re=related
phpBB [video]

As they both took their inspiration from Elvis, as did the young Cliff Richard, it is not surprising :wink:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Bodie wrote:

I disagree.

I know Cody and he's confident on stage but VERY shy off. I can't even begin to imagine him acting out a script. Acting doesn't come easy to just anyone.

I still reckon Johnny Depp would be an excellent choice to play Elvis. He may not look like him, but his acting skills are amazing.

Elvis was also VERY shy off stage, so maybe Cody will be a natural. Johnny Debb is now to old to play the young Elvis, he should have been considered at the time of 'Cry Baby' 8)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Id think he would relish the chance to play a 50's Elvis on screen. To perform on stage like he does i can't see how he can come across as shy. I would say that he is modest and down-to-earth, not shy.

He doesn't just look like a young Elvis but has all the mannerisms that goes with portraying a young Elvis and his stage movements are the best i have seen of a 50's ETA.

The acting part in playing a young Elvis is unimportant.

Id rather have someone like Cody play Elvis than have an actual actor who wouldn't have a clue how to portray Elvis on screen like so many have tried and failed like that Jonathan Rhys Meyers, he was a total embarrassment.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 pm

Bodie wrote:Id think he would relish the chance to play a 50's Elvis on screen. To perform on stage like he does i can't see how he can come across as shy. I would say that he is modest and down-to-earth, not shy.

He doesn't just look like a young Elvis but has all the mannerisms that goes with portraying a young Elvis and his stage movements are the best i have seen of a 50's ETA.

The acting part in playing a young Elvis is unimportant.

Id rather have someone like Cody play Elvis than have an actual actor who wouldn't have a clue how to portray Elvis on screen like so many have tried and failed like that Jonathan Rhys Meyers, he was a total embarrassment.

I do agree with you Bodie

(off on a tangent...lol, I saw the lad who plays 'Joey' in Eastenders, on breakfast tv this morning. He plays a real cocky little git.....but when he was interviewed this morning he could hardly put two words together he was so shy. Amazing how a 'persona' can give you confidence)

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 pm

i thought shakey was pretty cool in the 80s....he didnt sound like elvis at all,..but he had great appeal to us rock n rollers..lol....think he was welsh as well like tom jones. great singers....:)

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 am

Want a voice? Here's a voice. He doesn't try to look like an ETA.
Steve Binder loves him and is working on promoting him in the USA.

phpBB [video]

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:16 pm

JaneTLC wrote:Want a voice? Here's a voice. He doesn't try to look like an ETA.

phpBB [video]

seen him on u tube a few times hes very very good...hits some good elvis tones...some of them are brilliant at what they do..the only thing tht is missing in all great ETAs is the soul of elvis's voice .it just cant be bottled.some dislike ETAs,but a good one brings elvis fans together for a great evening show...

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:03 pm

JaneTLC wrote:Want a voice? Here's a voice. He doesn't try to look like an ETA.

phpBB [video]

Here is a clip of Cody rehearsing 'Tomorrow Never Comes' just looking casual with a beard and baseball cap sounding better than that 'Any Day Now' clip.

http://youtu.be/Q7JK_VHAz7A

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 pm

sorry Bodie, I don't care for that...(imo).he does the 50's better

The best Elvis since Elvis!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't know what you guys think of Cody Slaughter, but this guy is AMAZING!! Shawn Klush may look like Elvis to some but to me, Cody looks as if he could be Elvis' lost son. He even has the famous and extremely hard to duplicate, curly lip. Not to mention the best moves on stage since Elvis himselvis. :lol: If they ever do decide to do an Elvis biopic then this is the guy who they should pick to play his life story.

Here's a performance of Cody recreating the early Ed Sullivan days. WOW!!!! :shock:

phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lHMbWLbkIs