Post here your Elvis' pictures

New to me

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Vernon and Dee at Graceland. Anyone have a date, year for this?

Re: New to me

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 pm

By looking at the front door and seeing her hair, I'd say '60 or '61. But I'm not positive, just a guess.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks for your help. I was thinking it was early `60s, probably when she first arrived. It had to of been hard for Elvis to see her everyday, living in the same house during the period she and the boys lived there.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 am

KatluvsElvis wrote:By looking at the front door and seeing her hair, I'd say '60 or '61. But I'm not positive, just a guess.

That's a 1960 Continental (maybe a 59), if that helps.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 am

Mick67 wrote:Vernon and Dee at Graceland. Anyone have a date, year for this?

Yes, this photo was taken by British fans in November 1961
Last edited by E-Cat on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:58 am

Thank you!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:14 am

E-Cat wrote:
Mick67 wrote:Vernon and Dee at Graceland. Anyone have a date, year for this?

Yes, this photo was taken by British fans in November 1961

Roy Barlow and Albert Hand, and his wife Phyllis Hand would be the names of the British fans - notice the US Flag by the car?

Davide

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 am

Where's the bottom half of the photo?

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:00 am

davide wrote:
E-Cat wrote: Yes, this photo was taken by British fans in November 1961

Roy Barlow and Albert Hand, and his wife Phyllis Hand would be the names of the British fans

Correct David, these fans visited Graceland and California end of 1961; they had a great time
visiting Elvis parents, Gene Smith and Anita Wood in Memphis and they also met Elvis on the set in Idyllwild
(Kid Galahad). As for the flag, I thought the flag and all other ornaments on the lawn were related to Thanksgiving Day
which was on Nov 23 in 1961,but I am not sure (yet).

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Where's the bottom half of the photo?

..with Albert, Phyllis, Vernon and Roy Barlow

source : http://www.myspace.com/elvispresleytankers2

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:07 am

I happened to find this on Facebook. I was wondering what happened to the bottom half myself.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for this photo. I love seeing the different front doors that have been at Graceland. Would appreciate seeing any different ones that anyone may have to share.

Bev

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
KatluvsElvis wrote:By looking at the front door and seeing her hair, I'd say '60 or '61. But I'm not positive, just a guess.

That's a 1960 Continental (maybe a 59), if that helps.

Correct, a 1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:33 am

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?ye ... &country=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:54 am

Hi, these are my photos. Funny how someone cut the bottom half of the photo... :-)
I would love to know if anyone else has pictures of Albert Hand, Phyllis, and Roy Barlows visit to the states? My aunt Penny was at the party at Gene Smith's house while they were here and is in a photo in the April 1962 issue of Elvis Monthly. I have Roy's scrapbook from this visit, but would love to see any other photos from the same visit. I would appreciate seeing them! Especially any with Anita Wood, Gary Pepper, or my Aunt Penny Fortune.
"TANKS" SO MUCH! :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 am

tankers2 wrote:Hi, these are my photos. Funny how someone cut the bottom half of the photo... :-)
I would love to know if anyone else has pictures of Albert Hand, Phyllis, and Roy Barlows visit to the states? My aunt Penny was at the party at Gene Smith's house while they were here and is in a photo in the April 1962 issue of Elvis Monthly. I have Roy's scrapbook from this visit, but would love to see any other photos from the same visit. I would appreciate seeing them! Especially any with Anita Wood, Gary Pepper, or my Aunt Penny Fortune.

Tanks for the photos!

Did you contact whoever it was that sliced your photo in half? Did they give credit? (I'm not referring to our member, but to where it was found, and then found, and then found . . .)

I think people who "Find My Photos On Facebook!" should be informed, nicely, as to where they came from, so that they'll give credit in the future. Most people don't realize that it's wrong, to do stuff like this, but it is. Because once someone gets it at a certain point, it just travels around aimlessly, and then something like this can happen - this is the worst: to hack it in half! I now put copyright watermarks on anything of mine that anyone else may want. But the kicker is that when you put it inside a Photoshop file, to identify it, even to the point of saying the make, model, and type of camera, Facebook strips all this data from your photo. So watermarks are all you can do, and put your notice in the "about" part when you post, with a copyright notice. It's all you can do, but you can try. Because that's terrible to hack it in half, and give no credit!

Just my two cents.

Tanks again! :)

rjm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 pm

rjm wrote:
tankers2 wrote:Hi, these are my photos. Funny how someone cut the bottom half of the photo... :-)

Tanks for the photos!

Did you contact whoever it was that sliced your photo in half? Did they give credit? (I'm not referring to our member, but to where it was found, and then found, and then found . . .)

I think people who "Find My Photos On Facebook!" should be informed, nicely, as to where they came from, so that they'll give credit in the future. Most people don't realize that it's wrong, to do stuff like this, but it is. Because once someone gets it at a certain point, it just travels around aimlessly, and then something like this can happen - this is the worst: to hack it in half! I now put copyright watermarks on anything of mine that anyone else may want. But the kicker is that when you put it inside a Photoshop file, to identify it, even to the point of saying the make, model, and type of camera, Facebook strips all this data from your photo. So watermarks are all you can do, and put your notice in the "about" part when you post, with a copyright notice. It's all you can do, but you can try. Because that's terrible to hack it in half, and give no credit!

Just my two cents.

Tanks again! :)

rjm

How would I ever know who it was that cut it in half?
I don't mind sharing my pictures at all... I figure, what good does it do to keep them to myself? I love Elvis fans to enjoy them... that is one of the benefits of having them, as far as I am concerned... but it would be nice if they didn't cut it... geeeze... it sounds so cruel to me... haha
If I was worried about them "not getting out there" I would never put them on line... :-)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:00 am

Tank you Pam,

For sharing your stories and pics !
It's fantastic :D

Ed

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 am

Thanks Pam for info - Enjoy ya week - God Bless - TCE4Evr - ::rocks