Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Strangest place you ever heard an Elvis song is.......

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Sometimes, Elvis' songs show up in the oddest places. I was shopping in a local grocery superstore and noticed that the Muzak sound system was playing a lot of Halloween tracks. They played tunes like "Thriller" "Monster Mash" "Theme to THE BLOB 1958" and all of a sudden, there was Elvis' voice singing "Witchcraft" That definitely was a WTF? moment for me. Never considered that a Halloween song but someone at Muzak must of thought it was.

Now back to my original question............................

What's the strangest place you have ever heard an Elvis song?

Re: Strangest place you ever heard an Elvis song is.......

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:40 pm

I can't say that I have ever heard an Elvis song in a "strange place."

I do, however, sometimes hear them in my head while making up 1976 setlists in the shower.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Nowadays, on the radio.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

The Jungle room Graceland

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:06 pm

THE CREMATORIUM

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Rob wrote:I can't say that I have ever heard an Elvis song in a "strange place."

I do, however, sometimes hear them in my head while making up 1976 setlists in the shower.

Mmmmm, he's been a bit quiet lately hasn't he? :smt003 :smt003

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 pm

"A little less conversation" (remix) at a strip club.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:07 pm

20 minutes ago while watching the old german tv-series 'Derrick' when suddenly 'I Got Stung' was played while good old Derrick was trying to solve a crime ha ha.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Xaykev wrote:20 minutes ago while watching the old german tv-series 'Derrick' when suddenly 'I Got Stung' was played while good old Derrick was trying to solve a crime ha ha.

I love Derrick !!!! Man....havn't seen this for ages.......

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm

While walking home after visiting my grandma someone on a bike had a portable radio tuned in to Radio Luxemburg who just had the Elvis show on.
Whenever I hear "So glad you're mine" I remember this moment.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 am

Last week. I work with a Circus Festival and during rehearsals I heard 'It's Now or Never' coming from the tent.
Rushed in and it was a fixed trapeze act from Russia with a 50's theme (yes I know).
They also used Blue Suede Shoes (not Elvis singing though) and some Chuck Berry, Jackie Wilson and Chubby Checker. Great number.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 am

I don't want to bring anyone down, but the "strangest place" was at my mom's funeral service. It was graveside, and I brought a small boom box that played "That's Someone You('ll) Never Forget" while the March winds howled around us.

rjm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 am

rjm wrote:I don't want to bring anyone down, but the "strangest place" was at my mom's funeral service. It was graveside, and I brought a small boom box that played "That's Someone You('ll) Never Forget" while the March winds howled around us.

rjm

a lovely thing to do,we had "Love Me Tender "and "You'Never Walk Alone"at my dads funeral

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 pm

keninlincs wrote:
rjm wrote:I don't want to bring anyone down, but the "strangest place" was at my mom's funeral service. It was graveside, and I brought a small boom box that played "That's Someone You('ll) Never Forget" while the March winds howled around us.

rjm

a lovely thing to do,we had "Love Me Tender "and "You'Never Walk Alone"at my dads funeral

American Trilogy and Snowbird at my Dad's.

Geoff

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:
keninlincs wrote:

rjm

American Trilogy and Snowbird at my Dad's.

Geoff

Nice choices Geoff

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I would have to say the strangest place I heard one was in the Kings chamber in the Great Pyramid in Giza on Holloween night around midnight too bad it was The Song Of Shrimp instead of Little Egypt . :?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:32 am

to those who mentioned funerals, i don't think that's a strange place to hear elvis songs...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:15 am

elvisbot wrote:What's the strangest place you have ever heard an Elvis song?

At a local sanitarium (Please Don't Ask Why I Was There)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks, Ken. I saw it last night on my Kindle Paperwhite, way late, but it was a struggle to post. Sometimes it works easily, sometimes not.

rjm

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am

My local cafe.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am

'And I Love You So'....at an old folks home....really, REALLY sad actually,..... since then this particular place that 20 years ago i visited my neighbours in had closed down and currently i saw boarded up with wire fence etc.... in a complete state of dis-repair closure- yet the property is LARGE and close to major roads/transport.....so whatever the future of the property is?? presumably it may have one when someone buys it re-develops and so on?.....i'll keeep watching it every year i visit! :roll: :?:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 pm

In the ghetto
HAHA

Scott Ray

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Elvis in Atlanta 76' wrote:In the ghetto
HAHA

Scott Ray

you didnt stay away long!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm

keninlincs wrote:
HAHA

Scott Ray

bout a week since i wasnt a member i couldnt see pics i was just gonna peek in once in a while but i could not view photos so i rejoined now im Elvisin atlanta 76' Thanks for the warm welcome back

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Elvis in Atlanta 76' wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
HAHA

Scott Ray

bout a week since i wasnt a member i couldnt see pics i was just gonna peek in once in a while but i could not view photos so i rejoined now im Elvisin atlanta 76' Thanks for the warm welcome back

Welcome back dude