Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact
the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)
I'm a little unclear from some previous posts about this set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

elvis-fan wrote:I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact
the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)
I'm a little unclear from some previous posts about this set.


The are reissues of the 1990s issues.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I think it is the same with all of these sets. Whatever they are redoing, they are using the same masters as what they had orginally on that particular CD when it came out in that form. In other words, they aren't making it over. Same goes for the box sets from 50's, 60's and 70's. They are the same as before.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 pm

L Ray wrote:I think it is the same with all of these sets. Whatever they are redoing, they are using the same masters as what they had orginally on that particular CD when it came out in that form. In other words, they aren't making it over. Same goes for the box sets from 50's, 60's and 70's. They are the same as before.


I'm not sure this is the case with the most recent set in the series, containing live albums. As the new remasters were used on the recent 20CD boxed set, it's certainly a possibility that the same editions were simply released in the new 5CD set as well. But I can't say for certain as i don't own it.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact
the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)
I'm a little unclear from some previous posts about this set.

The are reissues of the 1990s issues.

That's not good news :(

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 am

elvis-fan wrote:[color=#800000]I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)...


Why would Vol. 5 be an exception?
Are those paper sleeves or just the
CD pamphlets?

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

They are paper sleeves.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:34 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)...

Why would Vol. 5 be an exception?
Are those paper sleeves or just the
CD pamphlets?

Volume 5 doesn't appear on TCM set

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)...

Why would Vol. 5 be an exception?
Are those paper sleeves or just the
CD pamphlets?

Volume 5 doesn't appear on TCM set


But the songs do?

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I was wondering if anyone had this collection and could tell me if these are in fact the Vic Anesini remastered tracks as heard on The Complete Masters set? (with the exception of Vol. 5)...

Why would Vol. 5 be an exception?
Are those paper sleeves or just the
CD pamphlets?

Volume 5 doesn't appear on TCM set


But the songs do?

Right... I just meant the other four albums (volumes) are on TCM as they were originally released...

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Volume 5 of "Elvis golden records' sounds better on it's original (1984?) CD release. Some of the tracks were remixed in a good way.

Re: Original Album Classics - Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1-5

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Tony.. wrote:Volume 5 of "Elvis golden records' sounds better on it's original (1984?) CD release. Some of the tracks were remixed in a good way.

I agree... particularly If You Talk In Your Sleep.