Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ernst, Why wasn't Suspicion on Hits of the 70's ?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:38 am

After all it was a UK hit in 1976, remarkable achievement for Elvis and also RCA UK who had the balls of releasing it - a time when Punk music and Disco crap reigned.

Suspicion should have been your bonus track, not My Way (25-4-77). Bad on you, my Friend.

Re: Ernst, Why wasn't Suspicion on Hits of the 70's ?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:47 am

Why are you obsessed with this reissue?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:49 am

Have you got an answer to this topic's question ? If not then bog off :mrgreen: !

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 am

When will someone fire that SOB??? :roll:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 am

Does Ernst make decisions about what songs are on European released compilations or does someone else?

If i had to guess it's that Elvis had so many hit songs in the U.K. and with only so much space some hits had to be omitted.

That always happens in one way or another.

I remember the Elvis 30 #1 hits CD excluding ''I want you, i need you, i love you'' because they didn't have room.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am

If Ernst had included Suspicion he also had to include The Girl Of My Best Friend which also was a top ten hit the previous year. The Girl Of My Best Friend actually was a #2 hit in 1960 also c/w A Mess Of Blues. (All this according to The Official British Record Charts by Tony Jasper)

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am

Robt wrote:After all it was a UK hit in 1976, remarkable achievement for Elvis and also RCA UK who had the balls of releasing it - a time when Punk music and Disco crap reigned.

Suspicion should have been your bonus track, not My Way (25-4-77). Bad on you, my Friend.

I am not sure it took balls to release it but it was lifted from the then current Elvis in Demand LP. Having seen the success of The Girl of my Best Friend a few months before, this appeared to be a logical follow up single.
In terms of a compilation hits of the 70's I too would not include it as there is enough material recorded in the 70's to suit the title of the project.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah the Poms had the balls to release The Girl Of My Best Friend too - another early 60's tracker against the grain of what was happening in Rock music at that time - which ultimately was UK hit , does speaks volumes (so to say), so that one too should have been included on the FTD Hit's of the 70's. One could say that it's far from the classic album criterion , but is more likely Ernst and Roger's favourite hits of the 70's.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Robt, Walter Hale, can you cease the incessant flood of stupid threads you're littering the forum with lately? Thanks in advance.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Matthew wrote:Robt, Walter Hale, can you cease the incessant flood of stupid threads you're littering the forum with lately? Thanks in advance.

I second that.

Robert, if you don’t stop, I’ll have to report you to the moderators.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Robt wrote:After all it was a UK hit in 1976, remarkable achievement for Elvis and also RCA UK who had the balls of releasing it - a time when Punk music and Disco crap reigned.

Maybe because Ernst would then have had to leave out his favourite Elvis track, "You don't have to say you love me" which, as you will see from past re-issues and compilations, has to be included on ALL of them (except the Christmas ones!) :wink:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Tony.. it seems Ernst did not produce anything about this FTD title.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Matthew wrote:Tony.. it seems Ernst did not produce anything about this FTD title.

Oh no! Don't tell me it is a Lene Reidel solo project?!! :shock:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh, if only you had Ernst's email address.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:20 am

Ken Jensen wrote:
Matthew wrote:Robt, Walter Hale, can you cease the incessant flood of stupid threads you're littering the forum with lately? Thanks in advance.

I second that.

I 3rd that!! This is getting ridiculous!!!!!

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 am

Tony Trout wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:

I second that.

I 3rd that!! This is getting ridiculous!!!!!

Then do not read them. Simple logic, My Friend.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 am

Does it really matter? Song choice is subjective and will never be perfect.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:

Does it really matter? Song choice is subjective and will never be perfect.

Actually if you look in the UK chart from 1976, punk and disco were hardly reigning back then. What was in vogue was almost anything from Abba, Brotherhood of Man, David Soul, Kenny Rodgers, Cliff Richard, Showaddywaddy, Pussycat, Thin Lizzy, Status Quo, Leo Sayer etc, etc. Punk was only just starting. In 1976, the UK public were into buying a variety of different styles of music it seems. Even "Jungle Rock" by Hank Mizell, an old rockabilly tune was in the charts for weeks and weeks. Anything went back then. Happy days.