Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Has Ernst and FTD as a whole lost the Plot ?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:45 am

billyblues wrote:There's no point in releasing it if it doesn't contain the "random mixes" of the original. We already have many compilations around... The entire point of this one was that it could be a way to officially reissue some original mono mixes for collectors. It would be, indeed, a collectors' release then - after all many of us have been asking for these mono versions in the past.
Somehow it even looks deliberate. You know... "Hey, here's a release that contained mono mixes which you've been asking for - but surprise! they are gone. Here, have the same stereo versions that you already have and pay us £20 for a collectors' edition of what is no more a collectors' release. Thank you!"
Some of you may remember that I was one of the first to defend this release. It could be understandable... But now? No point.

You know what the great thing about having your own money to spend is? You don't have to spend it on things you don't like...

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:47 am

elvis-fan wrote:You know what the great thing about having your own money to spend is? You don't have to spend it on things you don't like...

And I never said anything against your point - but I am pointing out a mistake in this release. If you didn't notice it, I'm not the only one pointing it out. I'm not feeling forced to buy this one and once again I say: I have nothing against FTD releasing compilations. But, you know, it is a collectors' label and there was material in the original release of this one that was of interest to many... And now it's gone.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Matthew wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:According to the booklet the "random stereo and mono mixes"
of the original album were not used deliberately
...(to have a consistent image of mixes)..

Bollocks. That's a smokescreen for:

The stereo mixes are already mastered so its quick, easy, and cheaper to just sequence them up. If we elected to use the original mono masters we would have had to pay to create digital transfers, and for them to be mastered. Your £20 note is worth much more to us when we don't have to do that! (Evil cackle).

MATTHEW???!!! You're beginning to sound like me here! LOL