Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Any1 got their new FTD's? My supplier confirmed the're o

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:26 am

Matthew wrote:The are no original lifetime stereo mixes of the 1970 and 1971 singles that appeared in mono on the original LP. Any stereo mixes that appear on this are likely the mid-90s mixes made for Walk A Mile In My Shoes - The Essential 70s Masters, which incidentally is currently available for £13.49. This was a (crazy) opportunity to issue original lifetime, Elvis approved single mixes - remastered - that aren't otherwise available.

Hits Of The 70s is a perplexing choice for FTD, utterly silly.

I'm with you here.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 am

It is as I mentioned in my previous post, which I've linked here: this could be a collectors' release - after all, original mono mixes are of interest to collectors. But instead they decide to strip this release of the only thing that made a reissue worth... It is nothing but another mere compilation now - on a collectors' label no less. Hard to understand this.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 am

Matthew wrote:The are no original lifetime stereo mixes of the 1970 and 1971 singles that appeared in mono on the original LP. Any stereo mixes that appear on this are likely the mid-90s mixes made for Walk A Mile In My Shoes - The Essential 70s Masters, which incidentally is currently available for £13.49. This was a (crazy) opportunity to issue original lifetime, Elvis approved single mixes - remastered - that aren't otherwise available.

100% spot-on. Hits Of The 70s could have actually offered the fan-base rare, out-of-print, Elvis approved singles mixes. Instead, it turned out to be a half-assed, cash-grab reissue. FTD really lowered the bar on this one. Very unfortunate.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 am

Elvis.com is still taking pre-orders on these. I think they should be shipping them after the first of the year. :wink: :smt006

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am

midnightx wrote:

100% spot-on. Hits Of The 70s could have actually offered the fan-base rare, out-of-print, Elvis approved singles mixes. Instead, it turned out to be a half-assed, cash-grab reissue. FTD really lowered the bar on this one. Very unfortunate.

That's as maybe but mastered by Vic...Not a total dud!!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

midnightx wrote:

So e-mail or pm Mister Ernst Jorgensen and get his side of the story before you jump to conclusions like this. I'll tell you what's "very unfortunate" is that you posted first before EJ has even commented about the merits of such a release. He should be given the chance to put his point across. Shame on You.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Robt wrote:So e-mail or pm Mister Ernst Jorgensen and get his side of the story before you jump to conclusions like this. I'll tell you what's "very unfortunate" is that you posted first before EJ has even commented about the merits of such a release. He should be given the chance to put his point across. Shame on You.
midnightx wrote:

So e-mail or pm Mister Ernst Jorgensen and get his side of the story before you jump to conclusions like this. I'll tell you what's "very unfortunate" is that you posted first before EJ has even commented about the merits of such a release. He should be given the chance to put his point across. Shame on You.

your coments/posts have certainly changed over the yrs midnightx, kinda sad, they use to be insightful and inspiring MIDNIGHTX: WHAT HAPPENED??

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm

epf wrote:They haven't received them yet, though, so i was curious if other suppliers did get them and had sent them on.

Good to to know they are on their way, though. It should not take long, now. And i am curious to the Graceland-sesssions one. The jungle Room was surprisingly good, i am curious how the songs hold up in their original context.

Have a good weekend, all.

Is your supplier a well known one or just a small player?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Now Dig This have charged my credit card so I assume the FEPBMT set is on its way to me.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm

midnightx wrote:

Completely agree. We can all address this by not buying the d*mn thing. That should send out a strong signal.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 pm

has anyone heard of that old saying, any bad press is always good press = sales!!! keep filling those buckets full of money gentleman, I predict HITS OF THE 70`s will do just as good, if not better than some of the truly collectible releases! Milton Berle would be so proud right now... :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 pm

i most certainly will NOT be buying this 'hits of the 70's. Boulevard-YES!~

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

It could have been the perfect release to include undubbed masters that didn't fit on other 70s FTD, or rare versions like promise land harmony vocal.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Robt wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Ernst has nothing at all to do with Hits of the ’70s. It’s totally and fully a Roger Semon vehicle. Therefore, asking Ernst would be pointless. You should check the facts before you jump to conclusions like this.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:Ernst has nothing at all to do with Hits of the ’70s. It’s totally and fully a Roger Semon vehicle. Therefore, asking Ernst would be pointless. You should check the facts before you jump to conclusions like this.

agree Ken and I support the release, but I`m pretty sure (however I coud be wrong) by now that both parties are well aware of the reasons behind it`s existence, and I don`t need to know because I`m happy with it!! :D

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:06 am

TheMaskedClown wrote:
epf wrote:They haven't received them yet, though, so i was curious if other suppliers did get them and had sent them on.

Good to to know they are on their way, though. It should not take long, now. And i am curious to the Graceland-sesssions one. The jungle Room was surprisingly good, i am curious how the songs hold up in their original context.

Have a good weekend, all.

Is your supplier a well known one or just a small player?

In The Netherlands it is a well known one. They have a Elvis shop in Utrecht. Good people, good service.

I have not received the cd's though. Hope to get them soon. Especially Boulevard has my interest.

FTD sometimes makes hard to understand choices. This release of the hits of the 70's is certainly debatable.

But let us not spoil 2012 by one release that misses the mark. Otherwise FTD has given us fantastic material. A certain book comes to mind. Maybe they have to release something like the hits of the 70's to be able to release the Sun- project. I can live with that in this case.
I bought the 70's hits for sentimental reasons. And probably that will be case for the majority of the buyers.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 am

epf wrote:I bought the 70's hits for sentimental reasons. And probably that will be case for the majority of the buyers.

Yes, it must be. Just a shame that this is not the LP they once listened to - so sentimental reasons thrown out by the window here.