Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Available now: The Stax Remasters

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Interested in this free compilation?: inbox(PM) me or trouble_jw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by retroaudio on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Available now: The Stax Remasters

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Its fantastic
Last edited by trouble_jw on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

you bet............. :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Sound is very good

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:05 pm

"Sweet Angelene" is deleted from the CD because 28 songs were over 80 mins, it is with the upload, also "I Miss You" and "Are You Sincere" are

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:15 pm

retroaudio wrote:"Sweet Angelene" is deleted from the CD because 28 songs were over 80 mins, it is with the upload, also "I Miss You" and "Are You Sincere" are

Weren't those songs (technically) recorded in Palm Springs anyway? So them not being included is understandable.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
retroaudio wrote:"Sweet Angelene" is deleted from the CD because 28 songs were over 80 mins, it is with the upload, also "I Miss You" and "Are You Sincere" are

Weren't those songs (technically) recorded in Palm Springs anyway? So them not being included is understandable.

Sweet Angeline isn't, on my info from the Recording Sessions "Sweet Angeline" is recorded at Stax i thought first it was a P.S. recording too

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm

To me it's a toss up... check this out... http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/70_index.html

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 pm

elvis-fan wrote:To me it's a toss up... check this out... http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/70_index.html

So my first thought was right, Palm Springs was the Vocal Overdub, the Track is recorded at Stax, thanks for the info

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm

retroaudio wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:To me it's a toss up... check this out... http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/70_index.html

So my first thought was right, Palm Springs was the Vocal Overdub, the Track is recorded at Stax, thanks for the info

Yep... I guess all I'm saying is that you could make a case for it not being included in your collection of Stax recordings...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for sharing :)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Available now: The Stax Remasters:

Raised On Rock - 2CD FTD
Good Times - 2CD FTD
Promised Land - 2CD FTD

Accept no substitutes!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Matthew wrote:Available now: The Stax Remasters:

Raised On Rock - 2CD FTD
Good Times - 2CD FTD
Promised Land - 2CD FTD

Accept no substitutes!

Good morning mate

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Just giving people options mate: your illegal downloads, or the legal FTDs.

Keep spreading the mush!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 am

Matthew wrote:Just giving people options mate: your illegal downloads, or the legal FTDs.

Keep spreading the mush!

Don't you have any imports in your collection?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 am

Robert wrote:
Matthew wrote:Just giving people options mate: your illegal downloads, or the legal FTDs.

Keep spreading the mush!

Matthew raised a good point....why would anyone in the right mind waste their money on material we already have officially ? This release is a straight up rip-off geared to those who are just plain stupid and gullable.

As the old saying goes....."A Fool And His/Her Money Are Soon Parted"

Oh wait.....its a free download ? Still not interested. A waste of time downloading. Time is money.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
Robert wrote:

Keep spreading the mush!

Matthew raised a good point....why would anyone in the right mind waste their money on material we already have officially ? This release is a straight up rip-off geared to those who are just plain stupid and gullable.

Oh wait.....its a free download ? Still not interested. A waste of time downloading. Time is money.

What about the time typing this?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:12 am

retroaudio wrote:Interested in this free compilation?: inbox(PM) me or trouble_jw

Love your cover. Great artwork!
Lucio

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 am

Robert wrote:Don't you have any imports in your collection?

Imports? I have plenty of imports (every FTD is an import for me) - but I presume you're referring to bootlegs, in which case, no I don't. What's that got to do with anything anyway?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 am

Matthew wrote:

Imports? I have plenty of imports (every FTD is an import for me) - but I presume you're referring to bootlegs, in which case, no I don't. What's that got to do with anything anyway?

Hi mate, there are quitte a vew fans who asked me for the link! (have paid for all the masters allready in their collection). In a way you say they are not good at mind?
Why are they interested and take their time to ask and download, strange huh?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 am

Stax has never sounded so good. Nice cover.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 am

trouble_jw wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Matthew raised a good point....why would anyone in the right mind waste their money on material we already have officially ? This release is a straight up rip-off geared to those who are just plain stupid and gullable.

LOL :lol:

I like it, the artwork is cool and it sounds good. It's a nice novelty.
So why complain? It's free, you still have the originals and they are doing no harm to Sony, as we already have all have these songs.
Thanks for sharing, guys! :wink:

Matthew wrote:

Not even VENUS and STRAIGHT ARROW? :o

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

JimmyCool wrote:
trouble_jw wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Matthew raised a good point....why would anyone in the right mind waste their money on material we already have officially ? This release is a straight up rip-off geared to those who are just plain stupid and gullable.

LOL :lol:

I like it, the artwork is cool and it sounds good. It's a nice novelty.
So why complain? It's free, you still have the originals and they are doing no harm to Sony, as we already have all have these songs.
Thanks for sharing, guys! :wink:

Matthew wrote:

Not even VENUS and STRAIGHT ARROW? :o

Well said buddy!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 pm

JimmyCool wrote:Not even VENUS and STRAIGHT ARROW? :o

No. Not sure why this is relevant to be honest.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

retroaudio wrote:Why are they interested and take their time to ask and download, strange huh?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.