Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too -Possible FTD

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 am

After the jaw-dropping ineptitude that is Hits Of The 70's, Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too! would make for an apt follow-up.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Robt wrote:Does that matter if it was available on EP or the record was released in Elvis' lifetime? Neither were Our Memories of Elvis Volumes 1 and 2...

Our Memories of Elvis was not issued as part of the 7" Classic Album series... my understanding is that the Classic Album Series are EP/LP's released during Elvis' lifetime... regardless, it's a silly concept for an album and did nothing to preserve Elvis' musical legacy, particularly so soon after his death.

Not quite.We've had Tickle Me,Standing Room Only,Elvis Sings Guitar Man and 48 Hours To Memphis as classic albums so far.

norrie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:01 am

elvisalisellers wrote:After the jaw-dropping ineptitude that is Hits Of The 70's, Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too! would make for an apt follow-up.

Two wrongs don't make a right sir !

norrie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Robt wrote:Does that matter if it was available on EP or the record was released in Elvis' lifetime? Neither were Our Memories of Elvis Volumes 1 and 2...

Our Memories of Elvis was not issued as part of the 7" Classic Album series... my understanding is that the Classic Album Series are EP/LP's released during Elvis' lifetime... regardless, it's a silly concept for an album and did nothing to preserve Elvis' musical legacy, particularly so soon after his death.

Well I never heard of it until the other day. But at any rate there's nothing wrong with the childrens themed concept. What I thought was odd was the "grown ups too" title and inclusion of a dark song "Old Shep" . Come on. It makes sense. And to offer something different to the ardent hard core fan, EJ could use loads of alternate takes.
Last edited by Robt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 am

Robt wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

Well I never heard of it until the other day. But at any rate there's nothing wrong with the childrens themed concept. What I thought was odd was the grown ups too and inclusion of a dark song "Old Shep" . Come on. It makes sense. And to offer something different to the ardent hard core fan, EJ could use loads of alternate takes.

Yeah,just what a 6 yr old digs-alternate takes.

norrie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 am

I meant as bonus songs for the collectors following the initial 10 tracker. EJ has been, for the most part, a master at feeding the market with the right balance.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 am

elvis-fan wrote:This is NOT a classic album... and the day this is issued on FTD is the day I sell all of my Elvis collection.

I'll throw mine away.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 am

norrie wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

Not quite.We've had Tickle Me,Standing Room Only,Elvis Sings Guitar Man and 48 Hours To Memphis as classic albums so far.

norrie

Tickle Me was issued as an EP and you could argue that Standing Room Only was a 1972 concept album that never happened... not sure why the other two were issued in the 7" format though...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am

After Hits from the 70s - surely bound to be the lowest selling FTD - anythging might be possible but this would really be scraping the bottom of the barrel. An expasnded Having Fun on Stage with Elvis would even rate ahead of the children's compilation

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am

Robt wrote:As I'm sure EJ welcomes input :mrgreen: and also we must remember that the little ones adore Elvis what extra ten tracks would you have on a possible FTD classic albums.

Nice and very tastefull stolen idea :wink:
So what 's next? Are we seriously going to discuss a FTD version of the classic 1978 bootleg Elvis' Greatest sh*t? Another 'great' idea Robt for you to take to another level. Bring it on!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am

Alexander wrote:
Robt wrote:As I'm sure EJ welcomes input :mrgreen: and also we must remember that the little ones adore Elvis what extra ten tracks would you have on a possible FTD classic albums.

So what 's next? Are we seriously going to discuss a FTD version of the classic 1978 bootleg Elvis' Greatest sh*t? Another 'great' idea Robt for you to take to another level. Bring it on!

It's not like it was a good idea... :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am

not a release i would welcome

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 am

Alexander wrote:

Nice reply my friend. Couple points if I may. The title of this topic was Possible FTD ? (note the ? mark). Therefore it is not "my idea". I was merely raising the concept in the wake of the Hits of the 70's. Actually if anything it was from YOU in response from a topic I started last week - Why I never even heard of the record before you mentioned it. I see no problem for anyone to send Ernst suggestions for "possible FTD's". It's obvious to me that EJ has been broadening the FTD (probably to keep the thing going and good on him )and there maybe folks other than hard core fans who may appreciate another side to Elvis - as in the children. Themed CD's could be the next progression for the FTD label (ie Children, Blues, Country, Ballads etc) that would otherwise be unviable for SONY. Last thing there was no need to mention the Elvis Greatest sh*t record. What's this got to do with the topic ?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm

It's a bit "out there" but I assume he means that the mostly kids songs from Elvis' movies don't exactly rank among his all-time best work.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
Alexander wrote:

It's not like it was a good idea... :lol:

Exactly! It is a rediculous idea and it was mentioned as such in such a context.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Robt wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Last thing there was no need to mention the Elvis Greatest sh*t record. What's this got to do with the topic ?

Why not: It is a classic release, it is nicely themed and it suits the level of taste you are displaying. I say: give it a try, my friend!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 am

Hey Sport, get bogged :lol: