Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too -Possible FTD?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm

As I'm sure EJ welcomes input :mrgreen: and also we must remember that the little ones adore Elvis what extra ten tracks would you have on a possible FTD classic albums upgrade ?

Here's the original 10 tracks -

(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
Wooden Heart
Five Sleepyheads
Puppet On a String
Angel
Old MacDonald
How Would You Like to Be
Cotton Candy Land
Old Shep
Have a Happy

To be honest I can think of 4 others -

Datin '
Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby
Put Your Hand in the Hand
Lover Doll

Keeping in mind the concept that Children love Elvis too.

Re: Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too -Possible FTD

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

that would be ftds biggest seller ever :smt006 ::rocks

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm

c and a o and a n and an f and an i and a d and an ence.....

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 pm

I hope not! We really DON'T need this on FTD!
(Although I would make a DVD of those songs for little kids, they would love them.)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm

I understand that FTD is a collectors label. But by the same token, I can't see SONY re- releasing such a concept. Now Forget for 5 minutes that you are a collector of 1200 Elvis concerts, but are instead a father or mother or grandparent of a child or children ranging from 2 -8 year olds. And you wanted to introduce Elvis' music to them. I ask what children's themed songs would you have on a possible FTD ? Certainly you'd want to have 1 gospel and 1 Xmas track on the playlist.

I must admit I never even heard of the record before until someone mentioned it the other day in one of my topics. Where RCA went wrong was adding "And grown ups too" and also including a dark song like "Old Shep" to it's Children's theme record when it was first released.

Of course, at the end of the day, it's Ernst's call. However we all know the man from denmark is an artistic and creative guy that would welcome input or suggestions.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Robt wrote:... on a possible FTD classic albums upgrade ?

This is NOT a classic album... and the day this is issued on FTD is the day I sell all of my Elvis collection... not going to happen.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Neither was Tickle Me. That hasn't stopped Ernst creating one. Change your attitude for 5 minutes and pretend you are a parent of an 6 year old. What other Elvis tracks would you introduce to the children...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 am

I've always found it interesting that when RCA pulled the tapes to include "Angel" on this album, it was the stereo master that they used. The stereo masters for the other five songs from "Follow That Dream" are lost (or misplaced). Could it be that they were all there at the time this album was compiled? Would "Angel" be delivered from the vault by itself, or would the entire stereo master tape have been delivered?

MT

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 am

I really dont think kids would listen to any of these but here are some more kiddie songs

A whistling tune
take me to the fair
Queenie Wahine's Papaya
sand castles
Last edited by pingpong on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 am

Queenie Wahinie :shock: Nah let's go with to Eats... Cause we already have "Datin" from the same film.
Last edited by Robt on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am

Maybe it's just me, but these are tracks I played for my kids:

"Mystery Train"
"Burning Love"
"Can't Help Falling In Love"
"Suspicious Minds"
"One Night"
etc

And they seem to have grasped the genius of the man without too much trouble.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 am

Robt wrote:I understand that FTD is a collectors label. But by the same token, I can't see SONY re- releasing such a concept. Now Forget for 5 minutes that you are a collector of 1200 Elvis concerts, but are instead a father or mother or grandparent of a child or children ranging from 2 -8 year olds. And you wanted to introduce Elvis' music to them. I ask what children's themed songs would you have on a possible FTD ? Certainly you'd want to have 1 gospel and 1 Xmas track on the playlist.

I must admit I never even heard of the record before until someone mentioned it the other day in one of my topics. Where RCA went wrong was adding "And grown ups too" and also including a dark song like "Old Shep" to it's Children's theme record when it was first released.

Of course, at the end of the day, it's Ernst's call. However we all know the man from denmark is an artistic and creative guy that would welcome input or suggestions.

Well, if you were looking for a gospel song for kids, then Sing You Children seems like the obvious one. It's not a masterpiece, but tells a story in each verse and has a catchy chorus which is easy to sing along to. And really no-one has mentioned Song of the Shrimp?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am

You're right. It's very catchy (and underrated IMHO). Onya Pete....

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 am

I just thought of three, It's a Wonderful World (1964) , Wonderful World (1968), What a Wonderful Life (1961). However I can only pick one from the 3 :oops: . There's too many film songs in the list at present.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 am

Robt wrote:Neither was Tickle Me. That hasn't stopped Ernst creating one. Change your attitude for 5 minutes and pretend you are a parent of an 6 year old. What other Elvis tracks would you introduce to the children...

Tickle Me was an EP... as was Viva Las Vegas and Jailhouse Rock... issued during Elvis' lifetime... Elvis Sings for Children was not... and I'm pretty good with my attitude but thanks for the advice...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 am

Does that matter if it was available on EP or the record was released in Elvis' lifetime? Neither were Our Memories of Elvis Volumes 1 and 2. Now put on your thinking cap and find some children themed non-movie songs. Remember Ernst is responsive and would at least take into consideration any input.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 am

Froggy went a courtin'

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 am

Ernst may be "responsive" and open-minded when it comes to release ideas, but I seriously doubt that your dream of "Elvis Sings For Children and Grown Ups Too" getting the FTD treatment ever comes to fruition.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:47 am

If you want to introduce young children to Elvis you can always do your own compilation without getting a collectors label involved.Besides do kids even know what a CD is these days.My kid was downloading music before she could do her 10 times table.

norrie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 am

MidnightX , I wouldn't go that far. It's not a "dream" but rather a concept. The man from denmark rules and he's a reasonable minded gent. He knows Elvis Loved Children. What harm can it do to correct the original 1978 children themed concept (ie possible removal "and grown ups too" title) and expanding it's track listing. A perfect way of introducing fun and some comical Elvis songs to the little ones. Now put on your thinking cap and find some non movie titles.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 am

Robt wrote:Neither was Tickle Me. That hasn't stopped Ernst creating one. Change your attitude for 5 minutes and pretend you are a parent of an 6 year old. What other Elvis tracks would you introduce to the children...

Pretend your an Elvis fan for one minute.

This is one way to totally sink the label.

The main label can take care of crap like this.

It's done it in the past.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 am

I don't think so. It would be uncommercial for an outfit like Sony.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 am

I don't see it on FTD. But it would make a great release on the main label..... :smt002

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 am

Robt wrote:I don't think so. It would be uncommercial for an outfit like Sony.

And pointless for an outfit like FTD.Many think the new Hits of the 70's is a step too far but this would be the straw that broke the camels back.

norrie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 am

Robt wrote:Does that matter if it was available on EP or the record was released in Elvis' lifetime? Neither were Our Memories of Elvis Volumes 1 and 2...

Our Memories of Elvis was not issued as part of the 7" Classic Album series... my understanding is that the Classic Album Series are EP/LP's released during Elvis' lifetime... regardless, it's a silly concept for an album and did nothing to preserve Elvis' musical legacy, particularly so soon after his death.