Off Topic Messages

Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 am

Game 7 isn't going to well for the Cards!

I was hoping for a good close game.

Right now the Cards are down by 7 runs in the 5th.

Doc, you must be very happy with your Giants so far.

Good luck to your team my Friend.


::rocks

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 am

Wow, now it's 9 to 0 in the bottom of the 8th.

Sorry Blue River.

I think the Tigers and the Giants will be a very good world series.

::rocks

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Go Tigers!

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm

A really lousy and frustrating night for my bets-Detroit Lions and Cards!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 pm

The Cardinals just stopped hitting. They scored only one run in the last three games and were slaughtered.

Right now there are a lot of people in Missouri wondering what in the hell happened.

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Rob wrote:The Cardinals just stopped hitting. They scored only one run in the last three games.

Right now there are a lot of people in Missouri wondering what in the hell happened.


They entered some sort of Bermuda Triangle, like the Detroit Lions in the red zone!!!!! :? And if their so called superstar receiver Calvin Johnson had caught that first series and easy pass........ :? It was a real nightmare last night, on one side the Lions,Detroit that is (not our champion and awesome B.C. Lions!!!!!) and on the other the St. Louis Cardnals, oh what a night!!!!! :roll:

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 pm

In reality, the 2012 St. Louis Cardinals was a team in transition having lost Albert Pujols, manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach, Dave Duncan. Under the leadership of rookie manager, Mike Matheny, they won more games and lasted longer than anyone thought they would -- and gave Cardinal Nation yet another season of exciting baseball in the process!

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS to the San Francisco Giants on their impressive NLCS win! They're good, they're tough, and they deserve a lot of respect. Looking forward to the World Series!

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

As much as I hate the Giants, I'm glad baseball avoided the calamity of not having any team within the sports ten best records in the World Series. As heartily as the Cards played down the stretch and in the playoffs, a potential World Champion should be able to muster up more than 88 regular season wins, especially in a sport that prides itself on the value of its regular season.
Last edited by likethebike on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Mitch wrote:Game 7 isn't going to well for the Cards!

I was hoping for a good close game.

Right now the Cards are down by 7 runs in the 5th.

Doc, you must be very happy with your Giants so far.

Good luck to your team my Friend.


::rocks

You are too kind, Mitch.

I went to the game!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73028

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 am

You lucky guy!

I bet you got wet if you stayed until the end. :)

That was a downpour.

::rocks

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 am

MaryAnn wrote:In reality, the 2012 St. Louis Cardinals was a team in transition having lost Albert Pujols, manager Tony La Russa and pitching coach, Dave Duncan. Under the leadership of rookie manager, Mike Matheny, they won more games and lasted longer than anyone thought they would -- and gave Cardinal Nation yet another season of exciting baseball in the process!

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS to the San Francisco Giants on their impressive NLCS win! They're good, they're tough, and they deserve a lot of respect. Looking forward to the World Series!


You are a class act MaryAnn.

The Cardinals fans have always been known for being the best.

I've been to quite a few games in St. Louis and the fans have always been very nice. Even when I wore my Yankees hat. :)

Should be a fun World Series and I plan to enjoy it. I hope it goes 7 games just to have something to watch.

::rocks

Re: Giants vs Cardinals Game 7

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 am

Mitch wrote:You lucky guy!

I bet you got wet if you stayed until the end. :)

That was a downpour.

::rocks

See attached for where I sat, from the very first pitch by Matt Cain to the last words of the MVP speech by Marco Scutaro (Section 310, Row 6, Seat 3). Until the top of the 9th I was wearing my short-sleeved, orange GIANTS t-shirt. It wasn't cold!

But then came the 9th, and the rain. Soon enough, I was pretty soaked, despite three layers. I didn't care!


121022_DJC_Section 310_R6_S3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.