Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 pm

ep
DSCN3649.JPG

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:05 pm

To many Elvis Xmas albums released IMO! Not a bad cover though

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 pm

I prefer THIS one!!!! (Got a spare £18,000???!!!???)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Presley ... 416cad9ed7

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

be interesting to see the sales figures, I am sure Sony know what they are doing.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 pm

too bad it's not really the classic christmas album,it's more of a compilation from both albums then just one album.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:To many Elvis Xmas albums released IMO! Not a bad cover though



Different cover, different song order=sales with little cost. It will continue.....

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 pm

steve in SC wrote:
TheMaskedClown wrote:To many Elvis Xmas albums released IMO! Not a bad cover though



Different cover, different song order=sales with little cost. It will continue.....



is there something wrong with keeping it available? I think it should be available every November onwards with or without a different cover.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 am

Tony.. wrote:I prefer THIS one!!!! (Got a spare £18,000???!!!???)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Presley ... 416cad9ed7

Tony. I rather prefer these, much cheaper :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCN3685.JPG

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 am

EP
DSCN3684.JPG

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 am

This is not released on its own....its a new SONY Christmas serries of albums, all with the same title, one for Elvis, also; Willie Nelson, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Barry Manilow...etc etc.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

How many of these do we really need? :smt017

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 pm

As we all know this isn't the first time Elvis' Christmas songs have been recycled (and it won't be the last.) Nice cover photo. A helluva lot better than "It's Christmas Time." Be interesting to see how well this incarnation of his Christmas tunes sells over time. Relax and enjoy.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm

promiseland wrote:How many of these do we really need? :smt017

you only need 1 but nice to have a choice..

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm

This release is not necessarily meant for us. Sony doesn't expect to sell a million copies. This is geared for the casual fan who may be in the holiday shopping mood and say, "Aww, look. It's been a long time since I heard any Elvis Christmas music." Or someone may say, "Hey, looky here. Remember how mom used to love Elvis' Christmas music? I'm gonna pick this up to listen to this year knowing she would have loved it." One may even say, "Do you remember how Aunt Hazel loved Elvis' Christmas music before she was hit by that train driving her truck drunk down the railroad tracks?"

Let those kinds of folks enjoy the CD.

Merry Christmas to them.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Rob wrote:This release is not necessarily meant for us. Sony doesn't expect to sell a million copies. This is geared for the casual fan who may be in the holiday shopping mood and say, "Aww, look. It's been a long time since I heard any Elvis Christmas music." Or someone may say, "Hey, looky here. Remember how mom used to love Elvis' Christmas music? I'm gonna pick this up to listen to this year knowing she would have loved it." One may even say, "Do you remember how Aunt Hazel loved Elvis' Christmas music before she was hit by that train driving her truck drunk down the railroad tracks?"

Let those kinds of folks enjoy the CD.

Merry Christmas to them.


love it :smt003

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:55 pm

pingpong wrote:
Rob wrote:This release is not necessarily meant for us. Sony doesn't expect to sell a million copies. This is geared for the casual fan who may be in the holiday shopping mood and say, "Aww, look. It's been a long time since I heard any Elvis Christmas music." Or someone may say, "Hey, looky here. Remember how mom used to love Elvis' Christmas music? I'm gonna pick this up to listen to this year knowing she would have loved it." One may even say, "Do you remember how Aunt Hazel loved Elvis' Christmas music before she was hit by that train driving her truck drunk down the railroad tracks?"

Let those kinds of folks enjoy the CD.

Merry Christmas to them.


love it :smt003


smt199 classic!

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

promiseland wrote:How many of these do we really need? :smt017


One only needs "Christmas Peace" or the 2 original Christmas albums. Ridiculous overkill of the same 20 songs being re-jigged every flippin' year.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:
promiseland wrote:How many of these do we really need? :smt017


One only needs "Christmas Peace" or the 2 original Christmas albums. Ridiculous overkill of the same 20 songs being re-jigged every flippin' year.


is it the re-packaging you object to or keeping it available for Aunt Hazel to buy?

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

pingpong wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
promiseland wrote:How many of these do we really need? :smt017


One only needs "Christmas Peace" or the 2 original Christmas albums. Ridiculous overkill of the same 20 songs being re-jigged every flippin' year.


is it the re-packaging you object to or keeping it available for Aunt Hazel to buy?



People don't buy CD's any more in general as there are virtually no shops in the high street to buy them from, so any 'casual' music fan will have to log on to the internet to buy and I suspect most 'casual' music fans would not be interested in buying a CD with only 17 of Elvis' Xmas songs on, when you can already buy several that feature all 20 (or 21) of them. These are produced for the hardcore ELVIS collectos who, for some reason, feel there is something missing from their life if they don't own all 128 Christmas re-issues and re-packages with the exact same songs on.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

I believe 2 of the 17 tracks on this are from the duets release featuring Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Tony.. wrote:
pingpong wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
promiseland wrote:How many of these do we really need? :smt017


One only needs "Christmas Peace" or the 2 original Christmas albums. Ridiculous overkill of the same 20 songs being re-jigged every flippin' year.


is it the re-packaging you object to or keeping it available for Aunt Hazel to buy?



People don't buy CD's any more in general as there are virtually no shops in the high street to buy them from, so any 'casual' music fan will have to log on to the internet to buy and I suspect most 'casual' music fans would not be interested in buying a CD with only 17 of Elvis' Xmas songs on, when you can already buy several that feature all 20 (or 21) of them. These are produced for the hardcore ELVIS collectos who, for some reason, feel there is something missing from their life if they don't own all 128 Christmas re-issues and re-packages with the exact same songs on.



I see your point of view. I think it should be kept in the current for sale catalog but not necessarily re-packaged.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Rob wrote:This release is not necessarily meant for us. Sony doesn't expect to sell a million copies. This is geared for the casual fan who may be in the holiday shopping mood and say, "Aww, look. It's been a long time since I heard any Elvis Christmas music." Or someone may say, "Hey, looky here. Remember how mom used to love Elvis' Christmas music? I'm gonna pick this up to listen to this year knowing she would have loved it." One may even say, "Do you remember how Aunt Hazel loved Elvis' Christmas music before she was hit by that train driving her truck drunk down the railroad tracks?"
Reminds me of David Allan Coe :lol: :lol:

Let those kinds of folks enjoy the CD.

Merry Christmas to them.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I would like the original vinyl Christmas albums with all the associated advertising posters and singles in a box set with a booklet.....yeah bring it on!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pingpong on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 pm

It still seems odd that in all these permutations Sony/BMG/RCA never released on CD the Camden Christmas album that so many of us grew up with. At least that would encourage sales just for sentimental sake.

Re: Sony 2012 Elvis Christmas CD

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm

poormadpeter wrote:It still seems odd that in all these permutations Sony/BMG/RCA never released on CD the Camden Christmas album that so many of us grew up with. At least that would encourage sales just for sentimental sake.


I have never even considered it before. So the diamond selling album is all vinyl sales?

it would appear that it has been booted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.