Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Any1 got their new FTD's? My supplier confirmed the're out.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

They haven't received them yet, though, so i was curious if other suppliers did get them and had sent them on.

Good to to know they are on their way, though. It should not take long, now. And i am curious to the Graceland-sesssions one. The jungle Room was surprisingly good, i am curious how the songs hold up in their original context.

Have a good weekend, all.

Re: Any1 got their new FTD's? My supplier confirmed the're o

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

no not a bean :cry:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 pm

We got it in Norway.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

hi kenny how good are they

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

yes they are always 'late' so Zero hurry.....positive 'reviews' always helps...
i will order in November no 'hurry' for this 'batch' :|

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Boulevard is great. Been listening to both CDs twice. Fantastic sound quality. I’ve listened to the uneventful Hits of the ’70s once, and while the sound quality is good and the package a visual beauty, there is nothing new here. However, it’s a nice compilation of songs.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Hoping I will recieve my FTD order tomorrow .....depends on the postman :)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:Boulevard is great. Been listening to both CDs twice. Fantastic sound quality. I’ve listened to the uneventful Hits of the ’70s once, and while the sound quality is good and the package a visual beauty, there is nothing new here. However, it’s a nice compilation of songs.

No mono mixes on Hits then Ken? :(

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Mono mixes for Seventies?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Mike Eder wrote:Mono mixes for Seventies?

99,9% sure its stereo versions :D

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

hi can anybody send any pics of the new ftds :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

As I said, I’ve only listened to it once, and I won’t play it again any time soon, but I’m pretty sure all songs are in stereo. They’ve been mixed by Vic Anesini. I’m not done with Boulevard yet. Several interesting outtakes on that one.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Ken Jensen wrote:As I said, I’ve only listened to it once, and I won’t play it again any time soon, but I’m pretty sure all songs are in stereo. They’ve been mixed by Vic Anesini. I’m not done with Boulevard yet. Several interesting outtakes on that one.

Sounds good. Please give us more info soon Ken...

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:As I said, I’ve only listened to it once, and I won’t play it again any time soon, but I’m pretty sure all songs are in stereo. They’ve been mixed by Vic Anesini. I’m not done with Boulevard yet. Several interesting outtakes on that one.

Sounds good. Please give us more info soon Ken...

cool i'll order this one -then!~~ :roll:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:I’m not done with Boulevard yet. Several interesting outtakes on that one.

Does it feature the announcement by Elvis to "Break out the booze, grandma."?

I always laugh at that.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Rob wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:I’m not done with Boulevard yet. Several interesting outtakes on that one.

I always laugh at that.

Yes.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 pm

That's funny right there.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Mixed by Anesini??? That's BIG news!!!

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 am

frus75 wrote:

Mixed by Anesini??? That's BIG news!!!

Frus75, I’m sorry, I was way too quick. It’s been remastered by Vic. No remixes at all on Hits of the ’70s.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 am

Rob wrote:

I always laugh at that.

To me, this is the highlight on CD 2.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:40 am

So, let's get this right. They've reissued Hits of the 70s as an FTD, presumably as people would buy it for the sake of sentiment. But they changed the mono versions for the stereo ones so it's not actually the Hits of the 70s that we had on LP anyway. That makes lots of sense - not.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 am

poormadpeter wrote:So, let's get this right. They've reissued Hits of the 70s as an FTD, presumably as people would buy it for the sake of sentiment. But they changed the mono versions for the stereo ones so it's not actually the Hits of the 70s that we had on LP anyway. That makes lots of sense - not.

with all due respect the FTD Collectors label has changed alot in recent yrs and is not, I repeat is not as initially planned way back in 1999. As Bob Dylan wrote "the times they are a changing" and you will see more of these releases in the future!! The collectors label is expanding, plain and simple whether you agree or not.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 am

sweetangeline wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:So, let's get this right. They've reissued Hits of the 70s as an FTD, presumably as people would buy it for the sake of sentiment. But they changed the mono versions for the stereo ones so it's not actually the Hits of the 70s that we had on LP anyway. That makes lots of sense - not.

with all due respect the FTD Collectors label has changed alot in recent yrs and is not, I repeat is not as initially planned way back in 1999. As Bob Dylan wrote "the times they are a changing" and you will see more of these releases in the future!! The collectors label is expanding, plain and simple whether you agree or not.

I don't think we can judge that through one release - but there is definitely a number of errors of judgement here. First, the release shouldn't be on this label. and secondly fans who do buy it would expect to get the original album not a cobbled together version which doesn't match what was originally released. If I remember rightly, the same thing happened when the short Mama was issue on the Let's Be Friends CD - another CD that was released for sentiment and yet changed from the original.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am

The are no original lifetime stereo mixes of the 1970 and 1971 singles that appeared in mono on the original LP. Any stereo mixes that appear on this are likely the mid-90s mixes made for Walk A Mile In My Shoes - The Essential 70s Masters, which incidentally is currently available for £13.49. This was a (crazy) opportunity to issue original lifetime, Elvis approved single mixes - remastered - that aren't otherwise available.

Hits Of The 70s is a perplexing choice for FTD, utterly silly.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:18 am

sweetangeline wrote:with all due respect the FTD Collectors label has changed alot in recent yrs and is not, I repeat is not as initially planned way back in 1999. As Bob Dylan wrote "the times they are a changing" and you will see more of these releases in the future!! The collectors label is expanding, plain and simple whether you agree or not.

You stick to the "times are changing" point but you still fail to see the bigger problem here. I would appreciate if you could read my post/opinion in the following link:
viewtopic.php?p=1094290#p1094290