Off Topic Messages

Re: John Lennon - Watching the Wheels and other quality LP s

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 pm

rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
rjm wrote:I don't know the rules: can they knight him, posthumously?

He should be "Sir John Lennon," after all!

Just because Sir Winston Churchill lived 'till 90 shouldn't mean that he has the "Sir" and John doesn't cause he was murdered as a young man. That's not fair.

rjm

W T F :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm only an American! I don't know about these things! Just seemed right. There's a Sir Paul, a Sir Elton . . . all those "Sir"s.

rjm

I was thinking more about the silly remark about Churchill !!!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 am

rocknroller wrote:
rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

Just because Sir Winston Churchill lived 'till 90 shouldn't mean that he has the "Sir" and John doesn't cause he was murdered as a young man. That's not fair.

rjm

I'm only an American! I don't know about these things! Just seemed right. There's a Sir Paul, a Sir Elton . . . all those "Sir"s.

rjm

I was referring to his being "90." Whereas Lennon was killed 50 years his junior. That's what wasn't "fair" about it! And Lennon is a significant British personage in his own right! Maybe not prime minister during WWII, but still a very significant personage!

Dontcha think?

rjm
P.S. -- Churchill is important to me, personally. "Churchill Dies At 90" was the first real newspaper headline I ever read! I was dancing around the kitchen going "Churchill dies at 90! Churchill dies at 90!" I had no idea who he was, of course.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 am

Here's the song I was talking about on my earlier post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx0ZqyqO8Wg

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
rjm wrote:
rocknroller wrote:

rjm

rjm

I was referring to his being "90." Whereas Lennon was killed 50 years his junior. That's what wasn't "fair" about it! And Lennon is a significant British personage in his own right! Maybe not prime minister during WWII, but still a very significant personage!

Dontcha think?

rjm
P.S. -- Churchill is important to me, personally. "Churchill Dies At 90" was the first real newspaper headline I ever read! I was dancing around the kitchen going "Churchill dies at 90! Churchill dies at 90!" I had no idea who he was, of course.

Im not a fan of lennon or his music but if people want him knighted i don't have a problem with it.i don't think age has anything do with it, Churchill was a man that helped to save our country at one of its darkest times thats why he was knighted.