Off Topic Messages

Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm

What do you think ? I thought this sucked. I gave up after 12 minutes during "Jets". I found myself feeling very sorry for Macca.


phpBB [video]

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 am

Leo Sayer comment following Sir Paul's Olympics gig: Posting on Facebook under his real name Gerard Sayer, the singer commented on a review of McCartney’s performance, saying: “Embarrassing. Hasn’t anybody got the bottle to tell him ‘Mate sorry,’ we all love you,’ but the voice is gone...

Why can't Paul just do concerts based on his new songs and solo records after 1980 ? Stop dreaming of the past with the audiences. Another thing doing three hour concerts, whilst it's an amazing effort by any musician or singer, is too bloody long.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 am

Robt wrote:Why can't Paul just do concerts based on his new songs and solo records after 1980 ? Stop dreaming of the past with the audiences.


The clue is in the audience reaction. They have a ball and would be very disappointed if all they heard was post-1980 material.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am

Are you serious? McCartney rocked in this concert.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Obviously not a great night for Macca. Either he was suffering from a flu or had put too much strain on his voice before. He sounded much better in last December when he played Helsinki.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

TJ wrote:
Robt wrote:Why can't Paul just do concerts based on his new songs and solo records after 1980 ? Stop dreaming of the past with the audiences.


The clue is in the audience reaction. They have a ball and would be very disappointed if all they heard was post-1980 material.



I understand that (hence my "felt sorry for Sir Paul" earlier comment). But at 70 years his voice is almost gone. He actually looked embarrassing doing the Beatles and Wings classics that are 40 years old or over. Surely the audiences can see/hear that ? ! Why can't Macca fans just Let it Be and accept a concert featuring new songs and a selection of songs post 1980 ? I know I would.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm going to see him in Vancouver at B.C. Place in November!!!!! 8)

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Robt wrote:Leo Sayer comment following Sir Paul's Olympics gig: Posting on Facebook under his real name Gerard Sayer, the singer commented on a review of McCartney’s performance, saying: “Embarrassing. Hasn’t anybody got the bottle to tell him ‘Mate sorry,’ we all love you,’ but the voice is gone...

Why can't Paul just do concerts based on his new songs and solo records after 1980 ? Stop dreaming of the past with the audiences. Another thing doing three hour concerts, whilst it's an amazing effort by any musician or singer, is too bloody long.


Lets be honest, most of his post 1980 material sucks! Nice for the die hard fans, but not for the mass.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Rigs wrote:
Robt wrote:Leo Sayer comment following Sir Paul's Olympics gig: Posting on Facebook under his real name Gerard Sayer, the singer commented on a review of McCartney’s performance, saying: “Embarrassing. Hasn’t anybody got the bottle to tell him ‘Mate sorry,’ we all love you,’ but the voice is gone...

Why can't Paul just do concerts based on his new songs and solo records after 1980 ? Stop dreaming of the past with the audiences. Another thing doing three hour concerts, whilst it's an amazing effort by any musician or singer, is too bloody long.


Lets be honest, most of his post 1980 material sucks! Nice for the die hard fans, but not for the mass.


Nonsense my friend. There were such quality songs including Coming Up, One of these Days, Someone Who Cares, Hope of Deliverance, Take it Away, Come on People, We Got Married, Only Love Remains, Keep Under Cover, Wunderlust, Young Boy, Dance Tonight, etc, Plus any newer material he may want to promote.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 am

Robt wrote: I found myself feeling very sorry for Macca.



Feel sorry for me ! an other thread about a beatle ! f*ck me change the record and post this sh*t on a beatles MB :roll:

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 am

Robt wrote: I found myself feeling very sorry for Macca.




Feel sorry for me ! another thread about a beatle ! f*ck me change the record and post this sh*t on a beatles MB :roll:
3447 posts and 3000 are about the beatles :smt102

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 am

:roll: An identical double post. What a retard. Don't f-ucking read them then. It's not difficult.
Last edited by Robt on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 am

Perhaps Macca should record a duets CD , mostly featuring modern artists who are his fans, and a few of his contemporaries.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 am

Robt wrote:Perhaps Macca should record a duets CD , mostly featuring modern artists who are his fans, and a few of his contemporaries.



Sorry i never read your post i fell asleep trying to read the same old sh*t ! change the record numbnut !!!

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Robt wrote::roll: An identical double post. What a retard. Don't f-ucking read them then. It's not difficult.


Good to know you can use the edit button retard smt171 smt174

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

Shame you don't know how, you fu-ck wit.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 am

Robt wrote:Shame you don't know how, you fu-ck wit.








:smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

:smt006

See ya round, mate. I got more Beatles topics coming up.

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 am

Robt wrote::smt006

See ya round, mate. I got more Beatles topics coming up.


3000 plus posts on the beatles well done :smt017 :smt017 :smt017

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 am

I'm glad you're counting. How many has there been on Orbison ?

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

Robt wrote:I'm glad you're counting. How many has there been on Orbison ?



Your boring me now get back to your your wrong MB threads !!!

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 am

rocknroller wrote:
Robt wrote:I'm glad you're counting. How many has there been on Orbison ?



Your boring me now get back to your your wrong MB threads !!!


Another Spelling check required, retard :roll:

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Paul rocks!

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

You mean he used to :mrgreen:

Re: Paul McCartney Live in Mexico 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Robt wrote:Perhaps Macca should record a duets CD , mostly featuring modern artists who are his fans, and a few of his contemporaries.


No, he shouldn't.
Leave that crap for someone else.