Off Topic Messages

Dog Poisoned, Buried Alive Is Dug Up, Nursed Back To Life

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 am

A Jack Russell terrier, Ethan, is pictured at his new home in Charleville Mezieres, eastern France, Friday, Oct. 19, 2012. Ethan, doomed to die on his third birthday when he was poisoned and buried alive, has survived on Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012. Ethan can thank a witness, a firefighter who came to the rescue and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life

PARIS AP :

A Jack Russell terrier has survived after being poisoned and buried alive — and he can thank the man who saw the ground wiggle.

Ethan came back to life on his third birthday after someone tried to kill him. He had a whole chain of saviours: the man who dug him up, the firefighters who rushed him off and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life.

Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometres (125 miles) northeast of Paris, said Friday the little white dog with a black ear was "flat as a pancake" when he was dug up from his grave Tuesday near a lakeside pedestrian path.

"It's extraordinary. We only see this in TV movies," said veterinarian Philippe Michon. "He came back to life and without a scratch. It's rather miraculous."

The vet said when firemen brought the dirt-covered terrier to his office "he was completely cold, he was barely breathing."

Michon used hot water bottles to warm up Ethan's seemingly lifeless body. The dog was so cold his veins had collapsed and it was hard to find one to hydrate him but within 24 hours the dog was back on his feet.

According to the veterinarian and Zamora, a man walking by just happened to see the ground moving — an apparent result of convulsions from the dog's poisoning. The man then got a shovel and dug the dog up.

Ethan was identified through a microchip that showed all this happened on his third birthday.

His owner says he had given the dog away but police are investigating, Zamora said.

"(Ethan) had an unbelievable chain of luck," Michon said. "If the ground hadn't trembled, no one would have taken a shovel to it."

Re: Dog Poisoned, Buried Alive Is Dug Up, Nursed Back To Lif

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 am

Why in the name of goodness would anyone do that to a sweet, helpless animal ??? I hope the person who did that gets hanged and its tongue pulled out by the ropes !!!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:25 am

Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 am

That's a really cute dog! Bless his little heart. I'm glad he's okay now!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:08 am

You there moderator 1 ?

Thanks TCB. There are some complete fuc-kwits in this world. I reckon most countries of the world should bring back capital punishment.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

I'm so glad that the dog is alright, and he's so cute!!!!! 8) There are no words to describe how horrible the "things" :evil: are that did this!!!!!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Cute little pooch.

That happened to me once.

It sucked, but I survived it.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm

nothing so cruel as humans...........they need stringing up

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm

debtd1 wrote:nothing so cruel as humans...........they need stringing up

Whenever I hear horror stories like this (and trust me, there are plenty of animal cruelty cases like this one), it makes me feel quite ashamed to be a part of the human race. This is evil at its worst....the same scale as mass murderers, child abductors and serial rapists.
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Not all of us. Some of us spoil our little doggies.

Mine loves me.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Robt wrote:There are some complete fuc-kwits in this world. I reckon most countries of the world should bring back capital punishment.

Yes indeed! Here's just one example why the U.S.A. certainly should -

Victims of the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting at Fort Hood in Texas that killed 13 people and wounded dozens more are outraged that the U.S. government refuses to classify it as an act of terrorism.
About 160 victims and their families released a video on Thursday describing the shooting — in which Army Maj. Nidal Hasan allegedly opened fire on a room full of soldiers — and arguing why it should be classified as a terrorist attack.
Hasan, an American-born Muslim, is accused of killing 12 soldiers and a civilian at the post’s processing center. Soldiers were preparing to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq.

The U.S. Department of Defense has ruled the shooting a case of "workplace violence".

In “The Truth About Fort Hood,” victims express their frustration at the government’s designation, Stars and Stripes reports.
They noted that Hasan consulted by email with top al-Qaida leader Anwar al-Awlaki about whether an attack against American soldiers was justified to “protect our brothers,” according to Stars and Stripes.
Awlaki, who was based in Yemen, was considered a top enemy by the US. He was killed in an airstrike last year.
For Hasan, the shooting “was his jihad,” Staff Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford said in the video. He was shot five times in the incident.
Shawn Manning, another victim, said that the soldiers “were killed and wounded by a domestic enemy, someone who was there that day to kill soldiers to prevent them from deploying,” Stars and Stripes reports. “If that’s not an act of war or an act of terrorism, I don’t know what is.”
“We’re working pretty hard for our guys right now to get them the recognition and compensation they deserve,” Kathy Stalnaker said in the video. Her husband, Sgt. Rex Stalnaker, has severe post-traumatic stress disorder from the incident. “We want to keep it in front of the public.”

Classifying the shooting as terrorism will allow the victims to receive combat-related special compensation that provides disability pay for medically retired service members, Stars and Stripes reports. Manning, who was shot six times, was recently denied such benefits.
The victims also would be eligible for Purple Hearts and medals for valor, Stars and Stripes reports.

Meanwhile, a military appeals court judge has ruled that Hasan, who remains hospitalized from gunshot wounds received from two police officers who responded to the shooting, can have his beard forcibly shaved before trial.
The trial has been delayed for months over the issue of Hasan’s facial hair, which he said he grew for religious reasons.
But the judge this week sided with military court rules requiring defendants to appear in court in uniform and clean-shaven.
Attorneys for Hasan, who faces the death penalty, plan to appeal the ruling.
In the November 2009 shooting, dozens of others were wounded, and 12 remain hospitalized, Army Col. John Rossi told KAUT-TV in Oklahoma City on Thursday.

Witnesses said that Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" — Arabic for "Allah is Great" — before he fired.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Blue River wrote:
Robt wrote:There are some complete fuc-kwits in this world. I reckon most countries of the world should bring back capital punishment.

Victims of the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting at Fort Hood in Texas that killed 13 people and wounded dozens more are outraged that the U.S. government refuses to classify it as an act of terrorism.
About 160 victims and their families released a video on Thursday describing the shooting — in which Army Maj. Nidal Hasan allegedly opened fire on a room full of soldiers — and arguing why it should be classified as a terrorist attack.
Hasan, an American-born Muslim, is accused of killing 12 soldiers and a civilian at the post’s processing center. Soldiers were preparing to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq.

The U.S. Department of Defense has ruled the shooting a case of "workplace violence".

In “The Truth About Fort Hood,” victims express their frustration at the government’s designation, Stars and Stripes reports.
They noted that Hasan consulted by email with top al-Qaida leader Anwar al-Awlaki about whether an attack against American soldiers was justified to “protect our brothers,” according to Stars and Stripes.
Awlaki, who was based in Yemen, was considered a top enemy by the US. He was killed in an airstrike last year.
For Hasan, the shooting “was his jihad,” Staff Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford said in the video. He was shot five times in the incident.
Shawn Manning, another victim, said that the soldiers “were killed and wounded by a domestic enemy, someone who was there that day to kill soldiers to prevent them from deploying,” Stars and Stripes reports. “If that’s not an act of war or an act of terrorism, I don’t know what is.”
“We’re working pretty hard for our guys right now to get them the recognition and compensation they deserve,” Kathy Stalnaker said in the video. Her husband, Sgt. Rex Stalnaker, has severe post-traumatic stress disorder from the incident. “We want to keep it in front of the public.”

Classifying the shooting as terrorism will allow the victims to receive combat-related special compensation that provides disability pay for medically retired service members, Stars and Stripes reports. Manning, who was shot six times, was recently denied such benefits.
The victims also would be eligible for Purple Hearts and medals for valor, Stars and Stripes reports.

Meanwhile, a military appeals court judge has ruled that Hasan, who remains hospitalized from gunshot wounds received from two police officers who responded to the shooting, can have his beard forcibly shaved before trial.
The trial has been delayed for months over the issue of Hasan’s facial hair, which he said he grew for religious reasons.
But the judge this week sided with military court rules requiring defendants to appear in court in uniform and clean-shaven.
In the November 2009 shooting, dozens of others were wounded, and 12 remain hospitalized, Army Col. John Rossi told KAUT-TV in Oklahoma City on Thursday.

Witnesses said that Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" — Arabic for "Allah is Great" — before he fired.

Could you explain what you might tell the family of an innocent man after he was sentenced to death?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Rob wrote:

Not all of us. Some of us spoil our little doggies.

Mine loves me.

Bless your heart Rob. :smt001

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Could you explain what you might tell the family of an innocent man after he was sentenced to death?

That doesn't apply to this case.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:28 am

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I never said it did, but you did say that the US should bring back capital punishment, hence my question as to what you would say to the family of an innocent man who had been executed after being wrongly convicted - another question you dodge!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:37 am

Comments about ripping people's tongues out and capital punishment are a bit extreme aren't they? But I agree that such inhumane acts as those done to this poor little pup should be punished and maybe even a bit of pain inflicted....a bit of naming and shaming. How about hard labour in chains for a month. Passers-by can yell insults and throw rotten fruit.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

I never said it did, but you did say that the US should bring back capital punishment, hence my question as to what you would say to the family of an innocent man who had been executed after being wrongly convicted - another question you dodge!

I didn't dodge anything. I pointed out specifically (above in red) an example of why capital punishment should be used in the U.S.A.. Any cases where there is doubt about one's guilt is a horse of a different color.

You're sorely lacking in your communication and comprehension skills. Try working on that.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 am

Blue River: It's a good idea to stop at red lights when approaching intersections to keep from having a wreck.

poormadpeter: Could you explain what you might tell the family of an innocent driver that accidentally rear-ends you at that intersection because you didn't take a different route?

Blue River: :shock: What the ____ ?!!

poormadpeter: There you go... dodging another question!

Here ya' go, poormadpeter, read some of these articles and learn something!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... RwGfEytfMo

::rocks

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 am

Blue River wrote:Blue River: It's a good idea to stop at red lights when approaching intersections to keep from having a wreck.

poormadpeter: Could you explain what you might tell the family of an innocent driver that accidentally rear-ends you at that intersection because you didn't take a different route?

Blue River: :shock: What the ____ ?!!

poormadpeter: There you go... dodging another question!

Here ya' go, poormadpeter, read some of these articles and learn something!
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... RwGfEytfMo

::rocks

I have no idea what you're talking about. However, most people would know that there have been cases in the past that have been airtight and convictions have taken place only for it to be found out later that there was a miscarriage of justice because extra evidence comes to light, or perhaps the planting of evidence and so on.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:22 am

*Did you miss this post? -

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

* I didn't dodge anything. I pointed out specifically (above in red) an example of why capital punishment should be used in the U.S.A.. Any cases where there is doubt about one's guilt is a horse of a different color.

You're sorely lacking in your communication and comprehension skills. Try working on that.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 am

The worthless maggot lowlife piece of sh*t motherfuc*er who did this to this poor helpless dog need to be tortured and hung by his balls while stuck with needles and ball bats to an inch of his life then brought back and repeated until this sick worthless SOB is nothing but a bloody fuc*ing pulp!

Then hunt his mother down and do her for even having a worthless piece of sh*t like him to start with...

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

promiseland wrote:The worthless maggot lowlife piece of sh*t motherfuc*er who did this to this poor helpless dog need to be tortured and hung by his balls while stuck with needles and ball bats to an inch of his life then brought back and repeated until this sick worthless SOB is nothing but a bloody fuc*ing pulp!

Then hunt his mother down and do her for even having a worthless piece of sh*t like him to start with...

The more I read on these boards just lately, the more I wonder why I want to associate myself with people of the mentality who can write the above. While no doubt we all find what happened to the dog abhorrent, I'm really not sure that it requires such a diatribe of foulness as this. Replacing a letter with an asterisk does not mean you are refraining from swearing or that your post is any less offensive to anyone reading it - although swearing seems to be the least of the problems with it.

We all seem very quick to criticise others, but it seems to me that our community within these boards could do with a bit of self-reflection to see our own faults. Somehow quite recently we seem to have become home to those who are violent, foul-mouthed, racist or homophobic - or any combination of the above.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Agreed.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

promiseland wrote:The worthless maggot lowlife piece of sh*t motherfuc*er who did this to this poor helpless dog need to be tortured and hung by his balls while stuck with needles and ball bats to an inch of his life then brought back and repeated until this sick worthless SOB is nothing but a bloody fuc*ing pulp!

Wow! Of course the treatment of the dog was appalling, but this response is shocking (especially wrong is the latter statement).

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

I think everyone is over-reacting about promiseland's post.....it was to provoke a reaction