Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I love you because duet Elvis & Lisa news

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

http://lisamariepresley.com/2-passive/2 ... er-15-2012

Re: I love you because duet Elvis & Lisa news

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 am

I think it would be great if this was hit at christmastime. It has the potential!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

This is a great little promotion. I already picked up the mp3 from Amazon.com yesterday.

My problem with this duet as opposed to Don't Cry Daddy or In the Ghetto is that Lisa Marie adds nothing to this except sentiment and harmony. Anyone listening to it who didn't know it was Elvis' daughter would just think "oh, why did they overdub some lady harmonizing with Elvis."

But a nice little tribute. I don't foresee it becoming any huge hit, possibly a minor hit on country radio. "I Love You Because" is a little too country and a little too dated to compete with Top 40.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm

GibbersGanfa wrote:My problem with this duet as opposed to Don't Cry Daddy or In the Ghetto is that Lisa Marie adds nothing to this except sentiment and harmony. Anyone listening to it who didn't know it was Elvis' daughter would just think "oh, why did they overdub some lady harmonizing with Elvis."

They don't hold a candle to the stunning Celine Dion duet.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 am

midnightx wrote:
GibbersGanfa wrote:My problem with this duet as opposed to Don't Cry Daddy or In the Ghetto is that Lisa Marie adds nothing to this except sentiment and harmony. Anyone listening to it who didn't know it was Elvis' daughter would just think "oh, why did they overdub some lady harmonizing with Elvis."

:)

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 am

midnightx wrote:

phpBB [video]

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Does anyone know why this single is only available from itunes USA and not UK, What with loads of Lisa Marie publicity in the UK this week ??? Another missed opportunity !!!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 pm

ep1977 wrote:Does anyone know why this single is only available from itunes USA and not UK, What with loads of Lisa Marie publicity in the UK this week ??? Another missed opportunity !!!

Indeed! She can't afford these missed opportunities, this way she will never become a music giant!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Unfortunately, I Love You Because is not available in the United Kingdom iTunes Store at this time. However, Apple is constantly working with content providers to expand the iTunes Store catalog and to make more items available in more countries.

Your comments and suggestions are an integral part of this continuing effort to provide quality content. To request that certain items be distributed in your country, please visit this web page:

iTunes Store Requests
http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html[/b]

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 pm

I read another interview transcript yesterday, in which Lisa recalls her anxiety as she approached the age of 42. She notes that her father, and her grandmother, died at that age.

Does she really not know that Gladys lived to 46, or did she inherit her father's flair for the dramatic?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

elvisjock wrote:I read another interview transcript yesterday, in which Lisa recalls her anxiety as she approached the age of 42. She notes that her father, and her grandmother, died at that age.

Does she really not know that Gladys lived to 46, or did she inherit her father's flair for the dramatic?

I don't think she knows because she's repeated that several times.

She should know because she's been to the gravesites many times over the years.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Lisa interview

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1 ... cherGoogle

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 am

And here's the video . . .

http://www.cmt.com/videos/elvis-lisa-ma ... ause.jhtml

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am

I just cant get excited about this old song, it just doesnt work ! u need an older Elvis vocal to now match her smoky sound, this is just a non starter ..........

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 pm

For uk version
phpBB [video]

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Of course many of us appreciate this video for all kinds of reasons, but considering the resources Lisa and Co have, it is in remarkably poor quality. The fine old tradition of always leaving them wanting more?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

No UK release is so annoying! I would have done a limited cd version with the Live version of 'I forgot to remember' included! I think it would have hit the 20 top here in the UK.

Could anyone in the US be kind enough to upload the song? PM me please!

I have uploaded the video in HD (From that youtube link, thanks!) also ripped the the audio from the video (High quality MP3) if anyone is interested then PM me.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 pm

It is available from i tunes in the UK i, bought it yesterday for 79 pence !!!. :D

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 pm

dennyelvis wrote:I just cant get excited about this old song, it just doesnt work ! u need an older Elvis vocal to now match her smoky sound, this is just a non starter ..........
Totally agree.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

MIKEMORAN wrote:It is available from i tunes in the UK i, bought it yesterday for 79 pence !!!. :D

I saw it yesterday on iTunes but it has been removed from what i can tell.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 pm

MIKEMORAN wrote:It is available from i tunes in the UK i, bought it yesterday for 79 pence !!!. :D

I sure cant find it

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Just to let you know that both the single + video is now available from itunes UK for 99p and £1.89

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

89p on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Love-You-Beca ... 7&sr=301-2

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 am

The original is terrible but this is even worse.
They missed an opportunity for a potential hit in '97 with the Dont Cry Daddy duet.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 am

ep1977 wrote:Just to let you know that both the single + video is now available from itunes UK for 99p and £1.89

Got it thanks!