Post here your Elvis' pictures

Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:50 pm

So good to see Gladys smiling
I just love this one, hope you all too

Wonderful day friends :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm

california boy wrote:So good to see Gladys smiling
I just love this one, hope you all too

Wonderful day friends :smt006


I believe that is a Phil Harrington photo, taken in May of 56 at the time they were doing an article for Look Photo. There is another varient of it, less posed that was in the article:
http://scottymoore.net/Look1956.html
I suspect this one was released last year in Mike Rose's book
http://scottymoore.net/detroit56.html#UNSEEN

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
california boy wrote:So good to see Gladys smiling
I just love this one, hope you all too

Wonderful day friends :smt006


I believe that is a Phil Harrington photo, taken in May of 56 at the time they were doing an article for Look Photo. There is another varient of it, less posed that was in the article:
http://scottymoore.net/Look1956.html
I suspect this one was released last year in Mike Rose's book
http://scottymoore.net/detroit56.html#UNSEEN


Thanks man for the information :smt006

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Not that it matters all that much, cuz it's an awesome pic.....but is that image reversed?

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 pm

KHoots wrote:Not that it matters all that much, cuz it's an awesome pic.....but is that image reversed?

The orientation is the same as the published one and judging by Vernon's and Elvis' shirts they are correct and consistent with the other photos in that series.

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:22 pm

God, you can really see Elvis in both of them. Vernon was a handsome man. Great pic at a happy time for the Presley's!

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
KHoots wrote:Not that it matters all that much, cuz it's an awesome pic.....but is that image reversed?

The orientation is the same as the published one and judging by Vernon's and Elvis' shirts they are correct and consistent with the other photos in that series.


Ah, yes. Shoulda looked at the shirts. Thanks, James!

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm

KHoots wrote:Not that it matters all that much, cuz it's an awesome pic.....but is that image reversed?

no..just one look at elvis`hair says it;-)

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 am

I think......the self day...... right???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 am

Damn,to late i have seen at Scotty's Site

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 am

Great photo of Gladys. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Awsome picture of Elvis with his Parents

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:37 pm

matilda wrote:
KHoots wrote:Not that it matters all that much, cuz it's an awesome pic.....but is that image reversed?

no..just one look at elvis`hair says it;-)


I thought Gladys' part in her hair was on the wrong side, and Vernon's grin looked a bit different to me. Alas, not to be! Thanks.....:)