Off Topic Messages

President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:47 am

President Barack Obama's closing remarks at tonight's debate were passionate, articulate, inclusive, forthright, powerful and charismatic.

This is what America in 2012 is all about. Or should be.

Elvis Presley would have loved it. The Presley family were one of the "47%" -- as we all know.

Here is a YouTube clip:

phpBB [video]



This is a textbook example of a knock-out punch.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:47 am

Totally agreed Doc. Obama nailed it in this debate. And Candy's pointing out Romney's outright lying was classic and well done.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:President Barack Obama's closing remarks at tonight's debate were passionate, articulate, inclusive, forthright, powerful and charismatic.

This is what America in 2012 is all about. Or should be.

Elvis Presley would have loved it. The Presley family were one of the "47%" -- as we all know.

Here is a YouTube clip:

phpBB [video]



This is a textbook example of a knock-out punch.



8) Q: Mr Presley, as you've mentioned your time in the service, what is your opinion of war protesters and would you today refuse to be drafted?
Elvis: Honey, I'd just sooner keep my own personal views about that to myself cause I'm just an entertainer and I'd rather not say.

Q: There are a lot of stars today joining politics. Are you campaigning or…?
Elvis: No sir I'm not. I'm not involved in that at all, I'm just an entertainer. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes ian Elvis did keep his views on politics to himself. That was a very smart move on his part. What would be the point to make a personal statement, only to turn those who disagree against him?
I don't get the reasoning why you chose to derail this topic with a statement Elvis most likely would have had to say to answer any question of the type via be it addressed toward him .

Now that I'm past the ignorance , great clip Doc!

Thank God I'm not a Republican because it feels good to care about your country.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm

promiseland wrote:Yes ian Elvis did keep his views on politics to himself. That was a very smart move on his part. What would be the point to make a personal statement, only to turn those who disagree against him?
I don't get the reasoning why you chose to derail this topic with a statement Elvis most likely would have had to say to answer any question of the type via be it addressed toward him .

Now that I'm past the ignorance , great clip Doc!

Thank God I'm not a Republican because it feels good to care about your country.


What an ignorant comment. 8)

President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm

His closing remarks were spot on. He hit it out of the park last night.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:President Barack Obama's closing remarks at tonight's debate were passionate, articulate, inclusive, forthright, powerful and charismatic.

I wonder what Ambassador Stevens thought of last night's debate?

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 pm

http://www.newsmax.com/?s=al&promo_code=10688-1

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Actions speak louder than words.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 pm

promiseland wrote:Yes ian Elvis did keep his views on politics to himself. That was a very smart move on his part. What would be the point to make a personal statement, only to turn those who disagree against him?
I don't get the reasoning why you chose to derail this topic with a statement Elvis most likely would have had to say to answer any question of the type via be it addressed toward him .

Now that I'm past the ignorance , great clip Doc!

Thank God I'm not a Republican because it feels good to care about your country.


What a typical ignorant comment coming from a typical close minded Democrat!!!!! I know that there must be decent Democrats out there, but you sure give Democrat a Bad Name!!!!!

My post reminds me of Bon Jovi for some reason? :smt020
Last edited by ian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 am

Polls, debates don't mean squat. The country is soooo polarized and divided, I predict a repeat of the 2000 election results.....the evening of November 6th will be a nail biter, no doubt. Romney must win Ohio to win the presidency.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:President Barack Obama's closing remarks at tonight's debate were passionate, articulate, inclusive, forthright, powerful and charismatic.

This is what America in 2012 is all about. Or should be.

Elvis Presley would have loved it. The Presley family were one of the "47%" -- as we all know.

Here is a YouTube clip:

phpBB [video]



This is a textbook example of a knock-out punch.



RUSH: I don't want to go back and repeat the first hour, but honestly, the uniformity that I heard, and even from people on Fox, I did not see the same debate. And, by the way, I look at this stuff objectively. I don't want to lie to myself. If Romney really got smoked I don't want to sit here and tell myself it didn't happen. I don't do that. I don't live in false realities. I did not see a stellar Barack Obama. I'm not even talking about the lies. I'm just talking about he was not even fluent. He was staccato and he was choppy, he was searching constantly for a thought. He was working. I mean, the guy was grinding. We athletes, we have a term, grinding. That's when you're really having to work for it, it's not coming naturally. When you're out playing golf, and don't have it, you're grinding, trying to get it back. That's what he was doing last night. The poor old guy was grinding, folks. These people, they saw what they wanted to see. :D

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 am

jak wrote:Obama's closing remarks were outstanding.He is the type of person whose words inspire people.I think Obama genuinely cares for the country and it's people.Personally I really like the guy.However good intentions are not enough to get the job done.I find myself torn between how I feel about him and what has transpired over the last four years.Obama certainly has been a game changer that's for sure.

I seriously doubt anyone could have done a better job trying to rectify eight years of malfeasance and looting done by the Bush administration, all while having to work with conservatives who would rather derail his efforts than consider the benefits for the people they serve.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:13 am

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... cking_poll

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 am

ian wrote:http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/10/17/barack_is_back_romney_lead_widens_to_six_51_45_in_gallup_daily_tracking_poll

The new numbers, of course, don’t include much or any data collected after Tuesday night’s debate. It will take days to determine what effect that might have had.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-leading-president-obama-by-six-in-gallup-poll/


Perspective.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 am

jak wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:I seriously doubt anyone could have done a better job trying to rectify eight years of malfeasance and looting done by the Bush administration, all while having to work with conservatives who would rather derail his efforts than consider the benefits for the people they serve.


There is no doubt he was faced with an absolutely monumental task. He also had so many people with unrealistic expectations on how quickly he was going to change things. Nobody could have lived up to it. I just have a problem with some of the things Obama has done while in office. In some instances I just feel he took the wrong course. Doc I certainly agree with you on efforts by the GOP to derail his efforts. I must also say I wish they would have succeeded on some issues. However I feel the animosity directed at this president is unprecedented. I have grown so tired of the bickering between the parties. People are so locked into their parties political affiliation so much that it blinds them and closes their minds. Both parties are equally guilty of not being able to work together for the good of the people they serve because they can't give an inch. The word bipartisan is used a lot. They just never follow through. There are good people on both sides of the aisles. It's a shame they can't work together.

As always, wonderful words, jak. You always make posts I want to read and consider.

One thought on making a choice in November: who do you trust to make Supreme Court appointments? These decisions are game-changers, and I prefer President Obama's judgment by a country mile. I hope most good Americans will agree

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jak wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:I seriously doubt anyone could have done a better job trying to rectify eight years of malfeasance and looting done by the Bush administration, all while having to work with conservatives who would rather derail his efforts than consider the benefits for the people they serve.


There is no doubt he was faced with an absolutely monumental task. He also had so many people with unrealistic expectations on how quickly he was going to change things. Nobody could have lived up to it. I just have a problem with some of the things Obama has done while in office. In some instances I just feel he took the wrong course. Doc I certainly agree with you on efforts by the GOP to derail his efforts. I must also say I wish they would have succeeded on some issues. However I feel the animosity directed at this president is unprecedented. I have grown so tired of the bickering between the parties. People are so locked into their parties political affiliation so much that it blinds them and closes their minds. Both parties are equally guilty of not being able to work together for the good of the people they serve because they can't give an inch. The word bipartisan is used a lot. They just never follow through. There are good people on both sides of the aisles. It's a shame they can't work together.

As always, wonderful words, jak. You always make posts I want to read and consider.

One thought on making a choice in November: who do you trust to make Supreme Court appointments? These decisions are game-changers, and I prefer President Obama's judgment by a country mile. I hope most good Americans will agree




The constitution needs to be changed so that Bill Clinton can run for 3 more terms starting in 2016.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 am

The choice is simple....

If you want economic prosperity and minimum war ..Vote Obama


If you want World War 3, Desolation, Increased Poverty, and a totalitarian/draconian government...Vote for Flip Flop Romney.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 am

TCB-FAN wrote:The choice is simple....
If you want economic prosperity... Vote Obama

smt174

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am

Are American voters so mentally challenge that they need a debate winner to form their views.


Why not go the whole hog and have a TV talent quest...oops they are.


Roll on to the final at lynne University

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am

Some of the leftie opinions voiced on this post are extremely radical and would be hilarious if not for the fact you actually believe this dribble.

Economic prosperity vs WWIII :smt005 :smt003 :roll:

How can you even attach your signature to such rubbish? Extremists like that try to shut down any sensible political discussion by resorting immediately to extremist hate-talk. Very sad.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 pm

It's always funny when extreme leftists try to enlist Elvis on their side in the political debate. From a psychological point of view it's because they can't imagine someone they respect having a different political opinion to theirs. The accompanying truth is sad - that they are not able to respect someone with a different political viewpoint to theirs. Hence the suggestion earlier in the thread that only Democrats care about their country. There's that blind hatred showing itself again.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I don't appreciate being called a radical just because I vote Democrat.

I don't appreciate when it's suggested that the President is not every American's President, because he is.

I don't appreciate when people imply that I'm not a patriot.

And I don't appreciate when Elvis's mercurial and fascinating views are not thoroughly investigated by fans. It's part of who he was, and if he was complex in that way, and said one thing in early 1970, another in late '70, and nothing in'72 (not to mention what he said EARLIER), that's part of the story, and if you don't want to look at it, you're wearing blinders. It's part of his depth and complexity as a man and artist.

I don't "claim" him, but I know enough that the Doc is probably right about this. Although we cannot really speculate beyond 1977. Elvis called Carter, Elvis called ON Nixon. Elvis endorsed Stevenson . . . Elvis sang protest songs. Elvis said he was just an entertainer.

It's something to think about. If you dare.

rjm

President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Unfortunately this election all boils down to Ohio.

Re: President Obama's Powerful Closing Remarks, 10-16-2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm

paulsweeney wrote:Unfortunately this election all boils down to Ohio.


And we KNOW Elivis didn't give a rip about Ohio! LOL!

Or maybe we'd not have lost the Pied Piper film!

It's late. I'm now on a Kindle, and just babbling. ;)

Good night all. Dems and Repubs alike. Sweet dreams.

As Colbert said, if you haven't made up your mind by now: FLIP A (GOLDANG) COIN!

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.