Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 pm

http://flaming-star.no/ernst-j%C3%B8rgensen-om-prince-from-another-planet/#more-13560

Norwegian article translated with Bing translate:

Ernst Jorgensen about Prince from another planet

There are two different editions of the Prince from another planet, a cheap release and a Deluxe release. Cheap variant contains both concerts RCA took up in his time, and no DVD. Mixingen on this edition is not the latest, these were made in 1982 and 1997. So here it is well just go for the Deluxe Edition, we think.

Deluxe Edition includes as known the same two concerts, but they are mixed by Michael Brauer, and he shall be their thing very well. Also we get the DVD with the full press conference, and the amazing concert recording with 8 mm sustained sound. We are going to take in very few items of cheap variant

It has for many years been rumoured that Sony doesn't have multi track tape of the evening show, Ernst answer to this was: we have both multi track tapes

Ernst also says that there are very small chances for any reprint of A Boy from Tupelo "At this time I don't expect that this will happen".

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

thanks for latest info! :D

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:02 pm

BMG has the multi-track tapes of both shows :D

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Is there a specific reason that Michael Bauer is mixing the deluxe set and not Vic Anesini? Is it because that Vic Anesini prefers not to mix live material? I presume that this is the reason that Lene Reidle does the live stuff on the FTD label.

I just find it unusual that someone as good as Vic didn't do the Deluxe set and is only mastering the Legacy set?.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

memfisking wrote:Is there a specific reason that Michael Bauer is mixing the deluxe set and not Vic Anesini? Is it because that Vic Anesini prefers not to mix live material? I presume that this is the reason that Lene Reidle does the live stuff on the FTD label.

I just find it unusual that someone as good as Vic didn't do the Deluxe set and is only mastering the Legacy set?.



Perhaps they're saving his services for the FTD Deluxe version of MSG.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

memfisking wrote:Is there a specific reason that Michael Bauer is mixing the deluxe set and not Vic Anesini? I just find it unusual that someone as good as Vic didn't do the Deluxe set

Maybe Ernst fired Vic, too? Just like he did with Kevan Budd a couple of years ago.
No one can beat Lene Ridiel! :lol:

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 pm

mocskoskurva wrote:No one can beat Lene Ridiel!

There are quite a few people on this board who would like to.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Rob wrote:
mocskoskurva wrote:No one can beat Lene Ridiel!

There are quite a few people on this board who would like to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good one!

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

KingElvis wrote:http://flaming-star.no/ernst-j%C3%B8rgensen-om-prince-from-another-planet/#more-13560

Norwegian article translated with Bing translate:

Ernst Jorgensen about Prince from another planet

There are two different editions of the Prince from another planet, a cheap release and a Deluxe release. Cheap variant contains both concerts RCA took up in his time, and no DVD. Mixingen on this edition is not the latest, these were made in 1982 and 1997. So here it is well just go for the Deluxe Edition, we think.

Deluxe Edition includes as known the same two concerts, but they are mixed by Michael Brauer, and he shall be their thing very well. Also we get the DVD with the full press conference, and the amazing concert recording with 8 mm sustained sound. We are going to take in very few items of cheap variant

It has for many years been rumoured that Sony doesn't have multi track tape of the evening show, Ernst answer to this was: we have both multi track tapes

Ernst also says that there are very small chances for any reprint of A Boy from Tupelo "At this time I don't expect that this will happen".

A slight correction... the MSG evening show mix was done in 1972 not 1982... as was mentioned on a previous post back in September, the Legacy Edition of MSG will be remastered by Vic Anesini (the evening show already available on TCM).
Last edited by elvis-fan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Rob wrote:
mocskoskurva wrote:No one can beat Lene Ridiel!

There are quite a few people on this board who would like to.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Interesting they used the original mastering for the lower price (still not cheap) version. Why not the Vic master of the Evening show and a new remaster of the afternoon show. Both the original master (1997 one especially) sound dated for a main stream release.
Saying that I/m happy to pay £1 more and get new masters and a DVD!

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm

memfisking wrote:Is there a specific reason that Michael Bauer is mixing the deluxe set and not Vic Anesini?
I just find it unusual that someone as good as Vic didn't do the Deluxe set and is only mastering the Legacy set?.


Can only speak for myself but I`m quite happy that Vic is not mixing this release......not a fan of some of his LIVE FTDs in the past.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

mocskoskurva wrote:
memfisking wrote:Is there a specific reason that Michael Bauer is mixing the deluxe set and not Vic Anesini? I just find it unusual that someone as good as Vic didn't do the Deluxe set

Maybe Ernst fired Vic, too? Just like he did with Kevan Budd a couple of years ago.
No one can beat Lene Ridiel! :lol:


Yes, she is not very good at mastering but I believe she has other qualities that make sure she stays 'in service'! :wink: :D

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Appreciate the info, thanks very much. Looking forward to this release!

rlj

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Hang hang on, for the people late on Elvis news (probably only me)

Is this saying there is concert footage of MSG being released, as in high-quality? If so, how many hours? Or is this audio material?

When, where, how much?

Of course, I'll buy it, but I still have other material to go through first.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm

ECC83 wrote:Hang hang on, for the people late on Elvis news (probably only me)

Is this saying there is concert footage of MSG being released, as in high-quality? If so, how many hours? Or is this audio material?

When, where, how much?
Of course, I'll buy it, but I still have other material to go through first.


2CD+DVD coming next month....dvd has 8mm footage with added sound.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Prince-Another-Planet-Version/dp/B008QZ9E6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350488787&sr=8-1

Sample video here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/elvis-presley-suspicious-minds-live-at-madison-square-garden-premiere-20121009

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 pm

trouble_jw wrote:Interesting they used the original mastering for the lower price (still not cheap) version. Why not the Vic master of the Evening show and a new remaster of the afternoon show. Both the original master (1997 one especially) sound dated for a main stream release.

WOW! :roll:

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 pm

TCK_KING wrote:
ECC83 wrote:Hang hang on, for the people late on Elvis news (probably only me)

Is this saying there is concert footage of MSG being released, as in high-quality? If so, how many hours? Or is this audio material?

When, where, how much?
Of course, I'll buy it, but I still have other material to go through first.


2CD+DVD coming next month....dvd has 8mm footage with added sound.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Prince-Another-Planet-Version/dp/B008QZ9E6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350488787&sr=8-1

Sample video here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/elvis-presley-suspicious-minds-live-at-madison-square-garden-premiere-20121009


Woahhhhh that was incredible, thanks for that ! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Just ordered it 8) 8) 8)

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Ernst confirmed through the Doc a few years ago on this forum that Sony had the multitracks for the MSG tapes. It isn't news.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm

midnightx wrote:Ernst confirmed through the Doc a few years ago on this forum that Sony had the multitracks for the MSG tapes. It isn't news.


1) Before I joined the forums, I only knew of one MSG - mono-sodium glutamate (flavour enhancer) of which many people are allergic to.
2) I may not have been on the forums back then.
3) If I were, I probably didn't see it. If I did, I probably forgot it and/or didn't realise the importance
4) I'm not on the forums a lot.
5) My main source of news isn't Elvis Collectors.

I hope that clears things up some what. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry:

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 pm

ECC83 wrote:
I hope that clears things up some what. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry:

Not without a few more smilies.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 pm

ECC83 wrote:
midnightx wrote:Ernst confirmed through the Doc a few years ago on this forum that Sony had the multitracks for the MSG tapes. It isn't news.


1) Before I joined the forums, I only knew of one MSG - mono-sodium glutamate (flavour enhancer) of which many people are allergic to.
2) I may not have been on the forums back then.
3) If I were, I probably didn't see it. If I did, I probably forgot it and/or didn't realise the importance
4) I'm not on the forums a lot.
5) My main source of news isn't Elvis Collectors.

I hope that clears things up some what. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry:


Elvis playing with the Michael Schenker Group???!!! :shock:

Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:29 am

trouble_jw wrote:Interesting they used the original mastering for the lower price (still not cheap) version. Why not the Vic master of the Evening show and a new remaster of the afternoon show. Both the original master (1997 one especially) sound dated for a main stream release.
Saying that I/m happy to pay £1 more and get new masters and a DVD!

The release is supposedly remastered, it just uses the 1972 and 1997 mixes.

Re: Regarding MSG....Ernst says

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 am

ECC83 wrote:Just ordered it 8) 8) 8)


Good......I do wonder how you could have missed this news earlier :)
Hopefully you are aware of the many great FTD releases :D