Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question about a new FTD release (?)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Image Image.

I love the fact that the FTD label has released some old "imports" over the last few years. On the "Elvis Australia" website there is a list of all FTD releases. As number 116 you can read this: "August '72* : a soundboard of the August 12 Dinner show". If this is really the August 12, 1972 dinner show then two bootlegs were previously relased as Blazing Into The Darkness and Hilton's All Shook Up with the same show.

And that's what I mean, it's too bad that some bootlegs don't have accurate concert dates on their covers (Blazing Into The Darkness has August 11, 1972 DS on it).

Does anyone of the Elvis 'experts' on this forum know if this rumour is true or not? If so, i hope that the sound is slightly better than the imports, although I think that they were fine.

I think it's a good thing that FTD is releasing 'hard to get' "imports", so the true fans can enjoy our man.

source: http://www.completeelvispresley.com/follow_that_dream.html

Re: Question about a new FTD release (?)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 am

I'd rather have shows unreleased officially and unreleased on import.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 am

Charley Rogers wrote:Does anyone of the Elvis 'experts' on this forum know if this rumour is true or not? If so, i hope that the sound is slightly better than the imports, although I think that they were fine.

It is apparently the same show as the previously issued boot release. When it is released, I will give the boot to anyone who wants it providing the sound is as good or better on the FTD.

It's just the way I am.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 am

Unlike Rob, I don't have many imports
so I say bring them to the FTD Label.

It's got to be better than the recent
Elvis Hits Of The Seventies FTD.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 am

Like Rob i do collect boots but im a little bit gutted that FTD decided to release this show and not another one, so not that im putting a downer on FTD but alittle bit more thinking would not go a miss when releasing concert cds in my eyes.

When Minnesota 76, Omaha 76, Amarillo 74,77 were released FTD had one up on the boots, they released these b4 any of the bootleggers could get their hands on, so why not another new concert that hasnt been released in any form. Im not sure how many concerts are in the vaults and i know i dont have to buy it so stop moaning Chris but it would be nice to hear a new concert again.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:00 pm

isn't the show/release in question a December 2012 release?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm

The release in question is scheduled for December. As far as I know, all the soundboard concerts from this engagement have been released on bootleg. However, this FTD is a 2 CD set. Disc one contains previously unreleased rehearsals from early August 1972, and disc two contains the August 12, 1972, dinner show. The concert is just a bonus. The real treat is disc one.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:The release in question is scheduled for December. As far as I know, all the soundboard concerts from this engagement have been released on bootleg. However, this FTD is a 2 CD set. Disc one contains previously unreleased rehearsals from early August 1972, and disc two contains the August 12, 1972, dinner show. The concert is just a bonus. The real treat is disc one.

Awesome! 8)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Is there a tracklist available for disc 1?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Charley Rogers wrote:Does anyone of the Elvis 'experts' on this forum know if this rumour is true or not? If so, i hope that the sound is slightly better than the imports, although I think that they were fine.

It is apparently the same show as the previously issued boot release. When it is released, I will give the boot to anyone who wants it providing the sound is as good or better on the FTD.

It's just the way I am.

You'd like to give someone the boot?! Ouch. :D

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Charley Rogers wrote:Image Image.

I love the fact that the FTD label has released some old "imports" over the last few years. On the "Elvis Australia" website there is a list of all FTD releases. As number 116 you can read this: "August '72* : a soundboard of the August 12 Dinner show". If this is really the August 12, 1972 dinner show then two bootlegs were previously relased as Blazing Into The Darkness and Hilton's All Shook Up with the same show.

And that's what I mean, it's too bad that some bootlegs don't have accurate concert dates on their covers (Blazing Into The Darkness has August 11, 1972 DS on it).

Does anyone of the Elvis 'experts' on this forum know if this rumour is true or not? If so, i hope that the sound is slightly better than the imports, although I think that they were fine.

I think it's a good thing that FTD is releasing 'hard to get' "imports", so the true fans can enjoy our man.

The true fans already have "hard to get imports". :shock:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 am

mountaindog wrote:
Charley Rogers wrote:Image Image.

The true fans already have "hard to get imports". :shock:

So you don't have any?