Off Topic Messages

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 am

That was the best Presidential Debate I've seen.
Toe to toe. Almost good enough to be a pay-per-
view. I know who won, but what do you guys and
gals think???

Rock' on..,

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:57 am

Both sides always claim victory.

So it doesn't matter.

::rocks

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 am

Obama won. You're welcome.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

Mitch wrote:Both sides always claim victory.

Sounds like you've watched debates before.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 am

Who won? Ask the 'TKO Mitt' people who won...that is, ask them after they stop crying in their beer.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 am

I thought it was a tie as most debates tend to be.

I don't think it will make up for Obama not doing that well in the first debate.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:25 am

Expectations for Obama's performance were lowered by the first debate, but did anyone really think that he wouldn't do better this time? He was predictably much more assertive than in the first debate, which meant that Romney failed to take charge this time. That's not to say that it was a onesided affair. Both men had their moments and did a fair job of countering criticisms, so neither was on top for long.

Obama probably edged it, but I don't know if it was decisive enough to have much impact on the polls.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 am

How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 am

iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.

No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 am

That's because he is weak... very weak. Tomorrow he'll probably apologize to the terrorist group that killed Ambassador Stevens.
Last edited by Blue River on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 am

paulsweeney wrote:

No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

CNN ?! smt174

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 am

I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

CNN ?! smt174

Not Fox. Sorry BR. FYI - Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 am

paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

CNN ?! smt174

Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

So all of a sudden you're interested in what members of the Bush admin have to say! :lol:

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:

CNN ?! smt174

Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

So all of a sudden you're interested in what members of the Bush admin have to say! :lol:

Well, now that they are telling the truth. YES.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 am

likethebike wrote:I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

The super rich... you mean like Oprah Winfrey?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 am

Blue River wrote:
likethebike wrote:I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

Your posts show you obviously don't like people who are not Kaukasian!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:55 am

Right on!!!!! 8)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 pm

CNN always favours the Democrats just as much FOX praises the right

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

TJ wrote:Expectations for Obama's performance were lowered by the first debate, but did anyone really think that he wouldn't do better this time? He was predictably much more assertive than in the first debate, which meant that Romney failed to take charge this time. That's not to say that it was a onesided affair. Both men had their moments and did a fair job of countering criticisms, so neither was on top for long.

Obama probably edged it, but I don't know if it was decisive enough to have much impact on the polls.

That was well said! 8)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

jak wrote:Obviously most people are influenced by their own bias when asked who won the debate and cant give an objective answer.To me this one was probably to close to call..Obama was a completely different person last night.He did a good job and came across very sincere ,no matter if you agree with him or not.I also thought Romney performed well also.I do believe Romney has gained the most from the debates.Love him or hate him,he exudes confidence.

Great post! 8)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm

The reason why the red people here are being defensive and in some cases throwing temper tantrums and childishly resorting to name calling is because they know who won this debate. The president was clear, concise, articulate, and on point. Romney on the other hand was on the defensive, a little off his rocker, and at times rude, as if the rules didn't apply to him. He talked about how he 'knows' how to make things better but he never said how. A 'five point plan' that touched on the issues but never talked about projected results is not a plan at all but the usual rhetoric. If he just stood up there and said 'this guy doesn't know what to do, but I do' over and over he would've been saying the same thing. Of course the key moments tonight were Romney being handed his lunch during his disastrous lie about how the president never mentioned that the attacks in Libya were 'acts of terror'. Is this guy that dense that he doesn't know there's something called video tape? He really thought he had the president there, and it was brilliant when the president said to him 'proceed governor', and Romney just took the rope. GAME OVER. Again Romney had the nerve in the closing comments to make reference to how he cares about '100%' of this and that. He mentioned 100% several times, and if he didn't know full well that the president was going to bring it back to him by referring to his 47% comment, well he's even more out of touch than what we thought to begin with. It's clear who the real presidential leader was here. The choice here is between someone who's a thoughtful, intelligent leader who can clearly outline his accomplishments and future plans and another who's an arrogant whiney wheeler-dealer CEO with a shady track record in the world of finance..

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson should've been included in the debates.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:16 pm

The rubber match is coming up!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Your posts show you obviously don't like people who are not Kaukasian!

zolderopruiming1, what a ridiculous and stupid reply to my question.

likethebike, I'm still waiting for an answer from you (since Ms. Winfrey is an Obama supporter).