Off Topic Messages

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 am

That was the best Presidential Debate I've seen.
Toe to toe. Almost good enough to be a pay-per-
view. I know who won, but what do you guys and
gals think???

Rock' on..,

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:57 am

Both sides always claim victory.

So it doesn't matter.


::rocks

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 am

Obama won. You're welcome.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

Mitch wrote:Both sides always claim victory.


Sounds like you've watched debates before.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 am

I thought it was a tie as most debates tend to be.

I don't think it will make up for Obama not doing that well in the first debate.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:25 am

Expectations for Obama's performance were lowered by the first debate, but did anyone really think that he wouldn't do better this time? He was predictably much more assertive than in the first debate, which meant that Romney failed to take charge this time. That's not to say that it was a onesided affair. Both men had their moments and did a fair job of countering criticisms, so neither was on top for long.

Obama probably edged it, but I don't know if it was decisive enough to have much impact on the polls.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 am

How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 am

iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 am

iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.

That's because he is weak... very weak. Tomorrow he'll probably apologize to the terrorist group that killed Ambassador Stevens.
Last edited by Blue River on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 am

paulsweeney wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

CNN ?! smt174

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 am

I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

CNN ?! smt174


Not Fox. Sorry BR. FYI - Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 am

paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

CNN ?! smt174

Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

So all of a sudden you're interested in what members of the Bush admin have to say! :lol:

Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am

Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
Blue River wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


No, it made Romney look like a blowhard. CNN poll of registered voters WHO WATCHED said by 46-39 that Obama won debate.

CNN ?! smt174

Members of Bush 43 admin tweeted all night about how well the President did.

So all of a sudden you're interested in what members of the Bush admin have to say! :lol:


Well, now that they are telling the truth. YES.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:23 am

likethebike wrote:I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

The super rich... you mean like Oprah Winfrey?

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 am

Blue River wrote:
likethebike wrote:I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

The super rich... you mean like Oprah Winfrey?


Your posts show you obviously don't like people who are not Kaukasian!

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:55 am

iplayastrat wrote:How about when Romney sat the President down.
You can have your turn, you can talk after I'm done.
And the President actually sat down!

That made the President look weak, very weak.


Right on!!!!! 8)

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 pm

CNN always favours the Democrats just as much FOX praises the right

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

TJ wrote:Expectations for Obama's performance were lowered by the first debate, but did anyone really think that he wouldn't do better this time? He was predictably much more assertive than in the first debate, which meant that Romney failed to take charge this time. That's not to say that it was a onesided affair. Both men had their moments and did a fair job of countering criticisms, so neither was on top for long.

Obama probably edged it, but I don't know if it was decisive enough to have much impact on the polls.


That was well said! 8)

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

jak wrote:Obviously most people are influenced by their own bias when asked who won the debate and cant give an objective answer.To me this one was probably to close to call..Obama was a completely different person last night.He did a good job and came across very sincere ,no matter if you agree with him or not.I also thought Romney performed well also.I do believe Romney has gained the most from the debates.Love him or hate him,he exudes confidence.


Great post! 8)

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson should've been included in the debates.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:16 pm

The rubber match is coming up!

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Blue River wrote:
likethebike wrote:I was pleased with the President's performance. I thought he did a good job of outlining Mitt Romney's true financial plan and his constituency aka the super rich.

The super rich... you mean like Oprah Winfrey?

Your posts show you obviously don't like people who are not Kaukasian!

zolderopruiming1, what a ridiculous and stupid reply to my question.

likethebike, I'm still waiting for an answer from you (since Ms. Winfrey is an Obama supporter).

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 pm

intheghetto wrote: Of course the key moments tonight were Romney being handed his lunch during his disastrous lie about how the president never mentioned that the attacks in Libya were 'acts of terror'. Is this guy that dense that he doesn't know there's something called video tape? He really thought he had the president there, and it was brilliant when the president said to him 'proceed governor', and Romney just took the rope.

Get your facts straight, intheghetto, and stop twisting things to fit your own "dense" agenda.

Moderator Candy Crowley went on to side with Romney about the administration's confusing account, saying it took two weeks for officials to say more definitively that the attack was more than an out-of-control protest, and she said after the debate that Romney "was right in the main, I just think he picked the wrong word."

But Obama also hadn't explicitly labeled the Bengazi strike as an "act of terror" as early as he claimed, though his comments on Sept. 12 in the Rose Garden indeed included that phrase, perhaps with that interpretation.

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for," Obama said. "Today we mourn for more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done. But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days after the attacks, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters: “This is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy. This is in response to a video that is offensive.”

Also, U.N. Ambassador Rice appeared on Fox News Sunday on September 16 and stated: “What sparked the recent violence was the airing on the Internet of a very hateful very offensive video that has offended many people around the world. Now, our strong view is that there is no excuse for violence. It is reprehensible and never justified. But in fact there have been those in various parts of the world who have reacted with violence.”

Matthew Sheffield of Newsbusters.org blasted Crowley for stepping in during the debate, saying she was trying to “save Obama from his administration's dreadful bungling of the Libya situation. She owes the American people an apology for inserting herself into the debate in such an inappropriate and embarrassing fashion.”

The exchange over Benghazi is sure to focus more attention on what the administration knew, and when, regarding the Benghazi attack.

The Obama campaign may ultimately have mixed feelings about the exchange, considering that it is bound to elevate the public discussion of Benghazi in the days leading up to the third and final presidential debate on Oct. 22, which will focus on foreign policy.

Re: Who won the debate?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Obama kicked ass !!!