The Walking Dead

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Any fans?

Re: The Walking Dead

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Yes, thoroughly enjoying season 2!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

I,ve watched it from the start ,over here in the uk at the moment we are getting episodes 8-13 of series 2 ,for some reason we got the first 7 episodes about 2 or 3 months ago and then they stopped, i,ve been recording them to watch and once i,ve got them i,ll watch them over a couple of nights(dependant on getting the kids to sleep and giving me some peace)
I like it, it is a bit different from the usual guff we get.
Another one i enjoyed that was similar was Falling Skies, series one was shown over here here about 6 months ago ,i,m hoping we get series 2 shortly.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:53 am

Yes, a big fan here, but I have found more recent episodes have become a bit `soapy'

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 am

I loved Season One, I'll continue watching when Season Two is complete. Fantastic, the most socially critical show on recent TV.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 am

Love the series, just saw the latest episode (Judge, Jury, Executioner) yesterday.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 pm

rickeap wrote:Yes, a big fan here, but I have found more recent episodes have become a bit `soapy'

You must be talking about the last episodes of seaon 1, because season 2 is great, especially the last 3 episodes were awesome.

Great series!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 am

No I'm on to season 2, I just found the time at the farm starting to drag a bit. I've got two more episodes to watch tonight.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 am

The episodes since the winterbreak were very different compared to earlier episodes (especially from season 1).
The main-character of Rick seems like a totally different person now. And all the soapy stuff surrounding the pregnant woman is gone.

Too bad though Daryl (a Boondock Saint) has a pretty small part in the series. I like this character a lot.

The main cast from seaon 1. Check that tough girl with the baseball bat on the left. :smt023

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 am

Too bad though Daryl (a Boondock Saint) has a pretty small part in the series. I like this character a lot.

Bad news: His part is getting even smaller.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am

And another major part just ended in the episode I wactehd last night.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Yes indeed. I was very surprised about this.

Hopefully Andrea will be the very last to go. :wink:

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

My favorite TV show. It is the only show on right now, that I can't wait to see the next episode. There are even webisodes online.
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking- ... t_id=32666

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Does anybody get Direct TV? The reason I ask is that there's been an ongoing dispute between AMC and Dish Network, and since July Dish has stopped showing AMC programming. I thought the issue would've been resolved by now, but it looks like it won't be and I don't want to miss the Season 3 premier of The Walking Dead. I'm thinking about switching over to Direct tv. How is direct tv?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Does anybody get Direct TV? The reason I ask is that there's been an ongoing dispute between AMC and Dish Network, and since July Dish has stopped showing AMC programming. I thought the issue would've been resolved by now, but it looks like it won't be and I don't want to miss the Season 3 premier of The Walking Dead. I'm thinking about switching over to Direct tv. How is direct tv?

Sorry, canĀ“t help you. I agree that it has become more of a "soap"...but, gonna give season 3 a chance...

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 am

Pete Dube wrote:Does anybody get Direct TV? The reason I ask is that there's been an ongoing dispute between AMC and Dish Network, and since July Dish has stopped showing AMC programming. I thought the issue would've been resolved by now, but it looks like it won't be and I don't want to miss the Season 3 premier of The Walking Dead. I'm thinking about switching over to Direct tv. How is direct tv?

I just called dish the other night for an update on the AMC situation.Nothing has changed unfortunately.I had Direct previously and hated it.They do have soe promotions right now for new customers.I hate the thought of missing Walking Dead.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

Looking forward to series 3 starting this month, including Aussie pay-TV. Series two did drag a bit, but as a zombie movie lover I thoroughly enjoy it.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 am

Great show-much more than a "zombie" show. The show looks at certain questions like "What defines being human?" and "What are ethics in a world where there is no more official law?"

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:51 am

One more day!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I thought the season opener was great.
Last edited by nashnet on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

nashnet wrote:I thought the season opener was great. Sorry to see BEEP get bitten.

How about a spoiler warning....not everyone here has seen this fresh episode yet.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Never occurred to me! Sorry about that!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm

nashnet wrote:Never occurred to me! Sorry about that!

You could edit your post..... :roll:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:26 am

Pete Dube wrote:Any fans?

The game is amazing too

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Done. Again, sorry folks!