Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis CD? Show it to us, please!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 pm

And here another interesting rare pressing.

The disc has very different printing compared to the regular German pressing.
Probably a release for Asia (Hong Kong?).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm

A pressing I don't have much info on.
It looks like a promo/sampler. But nowhere on the inlays/disc can these words be found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

A CD you don't see too often: the 1988 Australian pressing of the Heartbreak Hotel soundtrack.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Here is the Japanese version of the Heartbreak Hotel soundtrack CD. It is very rare. This one is a promo version.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Here we have the latest Readers Digest release - The Collection.

It was only released in Europe. One interesting thing is that it contains the original longer version of "Blue River".

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Nice Greg :)
A very nice 4 CD Box Set from Readers Digest EU. 8)
I was also surprised to find there the long ext. Master of BLUE RIVER :shock:

:mrgreen:

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 am

Got another fanclub cd

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 am

Sorry if this one has been posted before. Great sound on the SUN tracks!

MT
scan0104.jpg
scan0107.jpg

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 am

MysteryTrain wrote:Sorry if this one has been posted before. Great sound on the SUN tracks!

MT
scan0104.jpg
scan0107.jpg

NOT ONLY on the SUN Tracks. :)
Also the other Tracks sonds great. 8)

Down In The Alley has the ORIGINAL long Drum Intro!! NOT the edited or the later repaired one :D

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Andy,

You are right about the sound on "Good Rockin' Tonight." To my ears "That's All Right (Mama)" sounds like the SUN master without the RCA added echo. If so, BMG had a copy of the unaltered SUN tape in their archives as late as 1993. The track "Good Rockin' Tonight" never sounded better anywhere. Also, I was surprised that the CDs are loud, more like today's standard, not the standard from 1983. But the way, what I displayed was the insert. The front and back of the jewel box has no photo, only the tracks as listed on the back of the inset.

MT

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am

Take a look here:
http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/g/ ... night1.htm

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 am

77aksel wrote:Take a look here:
http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/g/ ... night1.htm

There exist also a different Label version, not shown on ElvisOnCD

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 am

Here is the French version of the "I am an Elvis Fan". I believe the shirt was colorized from white to yellow. It is also a 2 CD set instead of the usual 1 CD release. It is also a digipack.

Not rare but not easily available outside of France.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:11 am

I always liked the Flash series cd's from the late 80's.
I believe the electronic reprocessed stereo cd's Loving You and King Creole were released in this form only on the 'Flash' releases.
Not too rare, but not too common as well.
Always nice to see them together.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 pm

My Best Friend wrote:I always liked the Flash series cd's from the late 80's.
I believe the electronic reprocessed stereo cd's Loving You and King Creole were released in this form only on the 'Flash' releases.
Not too rare, but not too common as well.
Always nice to see them together.

terrible CD's in today 's standard; directly taken from LP master tapes.

colonel snow

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

GregCieslik wrote:Here is the first Radio Show on CD - It is a 2 CD set. To this day it is one of the best radio shows. A very good listen.

You have a great collection. I'm wondering if your copy of this particular one is a re-issue; mine has a numbered sticker on the ront and signed on the reverse in gold pen by Don S. Vogel.
LEGEND OF A.jpg

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:46 pm

With CD collecting, I've never been big on keeping old, poor sounding copies of "Elvis Presley", "Pot luck with Elvis", "How great thou art" etc. When they are constantly re-issued on CD, supposedly 'newly remastered', I usually dispose of the older versions if the newer ones are genuinely better sound quality. I cannot see the point of owning 28 CD versions of "Elvis Presley" if they sound awful. I have the FTD of that now and that's it for me. With vinyl it's a different ball game.
Having said all that, I present to you 3 CD's here which don't appear to have been listed by anyone else here that I presume may be of interest to some and possibly could be considered rare. Firstly;

BMG SHOWCASE CD. ENHANCED. PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. 2002. Contains one Elvis track, "Always on my mind". I havn't checked to see if there is any Elvis footage used in track 17 "Enhanced video showcase".
RARE CD1.jpg

OFFICIAL RCA MASTERS. GREEK CD IN CARDBOARD COVER. 2008 Possibly given away in a Greek newspaper??
RARE CD2.jpg

EXTRA CHRISTMAS VOL.2. NORWEGIAN PROMO CD; 12 track BMG Norway cd from 1998 in association with 'Extra Film' company. One Elvis track "Blue Christmas". I have never seen volume 1. Maybe Elvis is on that too??
RARE CD3.jpg

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 am

Tony.. wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:Here is the first Radio Show on CD - It is a 2 CD set. To this day it is one of the best radio shows. A very good listen.

You have a great collection. I'm wondering if your copy of this particular one is a re-issue; mine has a numbered sticker on the ront and signed on the reverse in gold pen by Don S. Vogel.
LEGEND OF A.jpg

Yes. This is a reissue. There are 2 pressings. Both are rare.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 am

Tony.. wrote:With CD collecting, I've never been big on keeping old, poor sounding copies of "Elvis Presley", "Pot luck with Elvis", "How great thou art" etc. When they are constantly re-issued on CD, supposedly 'newly remastered', I usually dispose of the older versions if the newer ones are genuinely better sound quality. I cannot see the point of owning 28 CD versions of "Elvis Presley" if they sound awful. I have the FTD of that now and that's it for me. With vinyl it's a different ball game.
RARE CD3.jpg

Collecting CDs has nothing to do with the quality of the sound. If you collect CDs and you want the original pressings, then of course they will sound diferrent than the current remastered / remixed masters. But again, that is not the point.

These flash CDs are quiet rare. They just sold on Ebay for around $180.00

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 am

GregCieslik wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

LEGEND OF A.jpg

I'm assuming the stickered, numbered and signed one is more valuable / sought after?

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 am

Tony.. wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

LEGEND OF A.jpg

I'm assuming the stickered, numbered and signed one is more valuable / sought after?

It would be more sought after and more valuable. It needs to be noted that the actual CDs and the printed artwork are identical. The only difference is the signature on the back and the stickers on the front.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:56 pm

thatsthewayitis wrote:.

I love that pic and 'artwork'. Was this CD actually distributed? What's the story behind it?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 am

It's an unofficial CD.

:shock:

More infos:

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/collecti ... thitsb.htm

:cry:

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Andy-M wrote:It's an unofficial CD.

:shock:

More infos:

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/c ... thitsb.htm

:cry:

Thanks.
Are these 2 rare?? I've really no idea except to say you don't see them about anywhere these days;

"CLASSIC LOVE BALLADS". Canada, 1986.
BALLADS.jpg

"60's number 1's - volume 1". Old Gold label 1989. Featuring 2 Elvis hits;
OLD GOLD.jpg

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

My rarities