Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

‘Prince From Another Planet’ samples

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 pm

I've linked up several samples from the coming Prince From Another Planet release.

Click here for three clips straight from Sony Legacy.

(Just to be clear: These were posted BY the label; these are not illegal uploads of my own.)

Re: ‘Prince From Another Planet’ samples

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 pm

They sound impressive. Thanks for posting elvissessions.

First impression is that the mix is far superior in comparison with "An Afternoon In The Garden"; which for me lacked the sparkle it should have.
It wasn't helped either by a much too dry mix and the almost muted crowd response/ambience.

This new release appears to finally right these wrongs.

I take it there aren't any samples available from the evening show yet?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:37 pm

I never liked the original MSG mixes: I found the mix flat and dull and even on TCM it did not get any better. I gave your samples à brief listen and my first impression is that the improvement is sensational! If this is the quality then this box will be my go to audio for MSG!

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 pm

I take it there aren't any samples available from the evening show yet?
This is all that I have found posted. If I see more are added, I will update.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Ouch.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Hmm, can't say I'm enamoured with the mixing and processing (though the bass solo in Polk Salad sits better) - the band sound right up front, almost too dry, against Elvis' vocal which seems distant, less defined, and away from the band in comparison - almost like the band sounds overdubbed on top of the live vocal. At this stage I'm more keen to know what Afternoon Show mix will appear on the standard Legacy Edition of Madison Square Garden.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Much better!

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks Elvis sessions for the 3 samples - Sounds Great -

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:34 am

I was blown away ! The band and Elvis's powerful voice sound sensational!
MSG afternoon 'POlk' rocks like never before...

Roll on release date ..

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:43 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:I was blown away ! The band and Elvis's powerful voice sound sensational!

Roll on release date ..

i agree with ya - I was blown away too -WOW -''a mess of polk salad '' - I cant wait eithr ::rocks

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:07 am

Why did he have to sing 'That's All Right' at 100 miles an hour ??!!

Steve Morse

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 am

karlos wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:I was blown away ! The band and Elvis's powerful voice sound sensational!

Roll on release date ..

i agree with ya - I was blown away too -WOW -''a mess of polk salad '' - I cant wait eithr ::rocks

His voice sounds fabulous!!!
Every nuance heard but what does he say at 1.01 "go down by the ....?"

And a wonderful –- "a mean vicious, straight razor toting woman-arggghhh"

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 am

Steve Morse wrote:Why did he have to sing 'That's All Right' at 100 miles an hour ??!!
Steve Morse

The whole show was at 100 miles an hour. Just look at the lenght of the songs compared to any other show. He was in a real hurry, I never liked the MSG shows and I'll be getting PFAP just for the DVD.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 am

Steve Morse wrote:Why did he have to sing 'That's All Right' at 100 miles an hour ??!!

Steve Morse

I don't know? But it's brilliant!!! And the feedback at the end...

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 am

I`m not a sound expert, but thanks for posting........sounding great :smt006
Anyway, I`m looking forward to this release......can`t wait to see what`s on the DVD
Last edited by elvisa on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 am

lpa wrote:
Steve Morse

The whole show was at 100 miles an hour. Just look at the lenght of the songs compared to any other show. He was in a real hurry, I never liked the MSG shows and I'll be getting PFAP just for the DVD.

It's a high energy thrilling 'live' show...

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:30 am

lpa wrote:
Steve Morse

I'm inclined to agree. When I bought the LP in 1972 I thought the majority of Side One was a rush job - and that's the main reason (in my opinion) why we've had the speeded-up / non-speeded-up debate over the years. It was Elvis and his band who performed so many songs at break-neck speed which gave the impression that the issued recordings had been sped up.

Steve Morse

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:50 am

Only listened to Polk Salad Annie, but it's a bit 'in your face', isn't it? A bit of subtlety never hurt anyone.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 am

The Pirate wrote:Only listened to Polk Salad Annie, but it's a bit 'in your face', isn't it? A bit of subtlety never hurt anyone.

'Polk' a subtle song?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 am

Steve Morse wrote:
lpa wrote:
Steve Morse

I'm inclined to agree. When I bought the LP in 1972 I thought the majority of Side One was a rush job - and that's the main reason (in my opinion) why we've had the speeded-up / non-speeded-up debate over the years. It was Elvis and his band who performed so many songs at break-neck speed which gave the impression that the issued recordings had been sped up.

Steve Morse

It is what it is. But the fact is the new remixed sound is a BIG improvement...

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:
Steve Morse wrote:
lpa wrote:
Steve Morse

Steve Morse

It is what it is. But the fact is the new remixed sound is a BIG improvement...

Steve Morse - When The Lp Elvis At Madison Square Gardens Was Released In '72 - It Was Colonel Tom Parker And His Team To Tell Record Manufacturers (RCA ) to speed up the sound ta make more sales on Lp - So Sound Engineers and such ppl did it - Soon after This was done -Aloha was in pipeline - Hope this helps ya enquiry - Buddy -So now u know Steve it was just for record sales ta go up and to make Elvis mo popular with fans - Okay ::rocks

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:16 am

I don't know... I don't quite like it, to be honest. Especially the vocals.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:39 am

lpa wrote:
Steve Morse

The whole show was at 100 miles an hour. Just look at the lenght of the songs compared to any other show. He was in a real hurry.

I'd have to agree. I much prefer the much slower and longer 1976 shows. Nothing can beat his performances from 1976. They were so awe inspiring.
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 am

First impression: fine.

Horns slightly burried thank God, and James is now way more upfront.
Elvis is just right in the mix and bass drum is right where it belongs.. it's there. It was gone on the "An afternoon" release.

Now let's wait for the evening show.
That tape has more potential as there's more room for improvement.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:36 am

They sound great! Thanks for posting...