Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Bobby "Blue" Bland - Takin' Care of . . . you

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 am

I found this song I've always loved so much, and so relate to - I have this thing where I want to "take care of" . . . people. Guys. This song speaks so for what I feel so often. He was so great, too! So great: a chilling singer.

And this video, which is just a couple pictures, but not just ANY pictures, really seals it. I guess one reason I loved Elvis from the start of being a fan, was when a girl said "he got fat" after seeing a concert in Auburn (I think it was) in 1973. I was a young teen. And I felt hurt for him. That afternoon, I went with a couple other girls to a store that sold records (and other stuff), near my school. You had to cross through a cemetary to get there. And I bought the "Elvis" '68 Special 8-Track. I liked the cover, and it was there. I knew nothing else, really, yet. I had seen Jailhouse rock as a child, and the Garden Press conference (he reminded me of Evel Knievel - that's all I remember of it.)

Well . . . it was all over. He had me for life.

But it was really that mean girl. They asked her: "what was it like?!" All excited. "Elvis Presley!" And she just flatly said "he got fat."

"I'll Take Care Of You" is the song. I always fell for guys in some kinda trouble, I guess, and I've been thinkin' about that. Sing it, Bobby.

phpBB [video]

rjm

Re: Bobby "Blue" Bland - Takin' Care of . . . you

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

Amazon didn't take care of me! They sent me to the wrong version! I ended up download two versions. Dang! Second time that happened!

You can't return an MP3 track, and it doesn't tell you the album, when you're ready to click "ok." {sigh} I deleted it from the Cloud Player, and from ITunes: there ought to be a way to have a five minute or two minute grace period!

99 cents down the flusher. The whole order is a buck 98. Can't they see it's two diff versions, and that I downloaded the right one, immediately after hearing the wrong one? Dang.

rjm (I still bought the right one, 'cause I love it, and I wanted it)
P.S. -- Back on topic! What do you think of this song. It's not a simple "love song."

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 am

rjm wrote:Amazon didn't take care of me! They sent me to the wrong version! I ended up download two versions. Dang! Second time that happened!

You can't return an MP3 track, and it doesn't tell you the album, when you're ready to click "ok." {sigh} I deleted it from the Cloud Player, and from ITunes: there ought to be a way to have a five minute or two minute grace period!

99 cents down the flusher. The whole order is a buck 98. Can't they see it's two diff versions, and that I downloaded the right one, immediately after hearing the wrong one? Dang.

P.S. -- Back on topic! What do you think of this song. It's not a simple "love song."

A pleasant tune,thanks for posting

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:54 am

keninlincs wrote:
rjm wrote:Amazon didn't take care of me! They sent me to the wrong version! I ended up download two versions. Dang! Second time that happened!

A pleasant tune,thanks for posting

Thanks. And I paid double for it! :smt005

rjm (this song is worth it)