Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ftd

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:20 am

Wish Ftd would release a soundtrack as a classic cd nxt year.Flaming star should be released in 2013.Lay off so many 70s era nxt year except Elvis on tour shows.
They goofed again not releasing a Elvis on tour 40th anniversary ftd cd set.why did you do that Ernst are we gonna have to wait until the 12th of never?
Also all ftd releases need this to be done.
Re-mastered from original analogue US tapes .not digital source copy tapes.how many times do i have to say this before it seeps into your brain Ernst?
Gi. blues ftd lp do this not from digital source tapes!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ftd

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:22 am

ritchie valens wrote:how many times do i have to say this

I'm hopeful for another 103 times. But no more than that.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:44 am

ritchie valens wrote:Wish Ftd would release a soundtrack as a classic cd nxt year.Flaming star should be released in 2013.

ritchie valens, if Ernst released Love Me Tender coupled with Flaming Star on an FTD set, would you be okay with that?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:Wish Ftd would release a soundtrack as a classic cd nxt year.Flaming star should be released in 2013.

ritchie valens, if Ernst released Love Me Tender coupled with Flaming Star on an FTD set, would you be okay with that?

Okay the question is not directed to me :wink: but I would prefer to have a Flaming Star FTD release on his own, there are enough alternate takes to fill one disc. Regarding Love Me Tender I think it is better as stated here before if they include it on the second lp called Elvis LPM-1382 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:36 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Wish Ftd would release a soundtrack as a classic cd nxt year.Flaming star should be released in 2013.Lay off so many 70s era nxt year except Elvis on tour shows.
They goofed again not releasing a Elvis on tour 40th anniversary ftd cd set.why did you do that Ernst are we gonna have to wait until the 12th of never?
Re-mastered from original analogue US tapes .not digital source copy tapes.how many times do i have to say this before it seeps into your brain Ernst?

FTD vinyl sounds pristine to me and I really enjoy the Classic, rehearsal and soundboard releases although Hits Of 70s is a bridge too far for me. No need to complain about the output however.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Okay the question is not directed to me :wink: but I would prefer to have a Flaming Star FTD release on his own, there are enough alternate takes to fill one disc. Regarding Love Me Tender I think it is better as stated here before if they include it on the second lp called Elvis LPM-1382 8).

Your input is always welcome with me, Mike. I think Ernst would lean towards releasing it with the second album, also.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:

Okay the question is not directed to me :wink: but I would prefer to have a Flaming Star FTD release on his own, there are enough alternate takes to fill one disc. Regarding Love Me Tender I think it is better as stated here before if they include it on the second lp called Elvis LPM-1382 8). Bye for now :smt006.

And he may add my Flaming Star radio spot announcements as a bonus

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Wish Ftd would release a soundtrack as a classic cd nxt year.Flaming star should be released in 2013.Lay off so many 70s era nxt year except Elvis on tour shows.

It would be nice if FTD vinyl was mastered from original analog tapes or at least High resolution digital. They are not considered audiophile material because of their 16/48 digital sources which is a shame as so much work is done with covers etc. They look great but in a way is not the real deal.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
Blue River wrote:

Okay the question is not directed to me :wink: but I would prefer to have a Flaming Star FTD release on his own, there are enough alternate takes to fill one disc. Regarding Love Me Tender I think it is better as stated here before if they include it on the second lp called Elvis LPM-1382 8).

Your input is always welcome with me, Mike. I think Ernst would lean towards releasing it with the second album, also.

Thank you Sir! smt125. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi there!! :smt006 :smt006 :smt006.

G.I. Blues wrote:

Blue River wrote:

And he may add my Flaming Star radio spot announcements as a bonus

That would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!. Hope this FTD release see the light in 2013 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Blue River wrote:

I think so too. Flaming Star would be great to have on it's own and there is indeed enough material to do so: like what was done with Wild In The Country. As for Love Me Tender, taking into account binaural (stereo) versions it might be done on it's own / or added to the Elvis (1956) album. The latter being most probable. Same year, same context... I feel " Trouble With Girls" could make a single FTD on it's own too including the complete" College Medley" and "Chautauqua" ( "Almost" march instrumental version) and we got some surprising alternate takes of Almost and Sweet Down Sweet Chariot too over the years.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:08 am

yes the ftd vinyls should be audiophiles not just from digital sources that defeats the purpose of releasing it the was it was originally meant for vinyl release in the 50s-70s era analogue was used most of the other labels that are releasing reissues like the sundazed label only use analogue for vinyl digital is a no no.Ernst it's not that hard to mix an album from the analogue tapes listen to us no more digital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grr are they too lazy to mix from analogue source tapes?

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:19 am

Would love to see ALL of the movie soundtracks released on FTD...., before I get too old!! :D

I think Flaming Star recieveing the FTD treatment would be great...., hopefully soon!

rlj

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 am

ritchie valens wrote:yes the ftd vinyls should be audiophiles not just from digital sources that defeats the purpose of releasing it the was it was originally meant for vinyl release in the 50s-70s era analogue was used most of the other labels that are releasing reissues like the sundazed label only use analogue for vinyl digital is a no no.Ernst it's not that hard to mix an album from the analogue tapes listen to us no more digital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grr are they too lazy to mix from analogue source tapes?

You only get another 102 chances.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 am

I bet Ernst is really going to lose some sleep over this! :roll:

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

ritchie valens wrote:how many times do i have to say this before it seeps into your brain Ernst?

I can't speak for Ernst, but I'm personally hoping you don't say anything else.

Ever.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:27 pm

ritchie valens wrote:yes the ftd vinyls should be audiophiles not just from digital sources that defeats the purpose of releasing it the was it was originally meant for vinyl release in the 50s-70s era analogue was used most of the other labels that are releasing reissues like the sundazed label only use analogue for vinyl digital is a no no.Ernst it's not that hard to mix an album from the analogue tapes listen to us no more digital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grr are they too lazy to mix from analogue source tapes?

Ritchie, if you were blindfolded and asked to identify an LP mixed and mastered from analogue source opposed to one from digital sources, I bet you couldn't do it.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 am

poormadpeter wrote:

Ritchie, if you were blindfolded and asked to identify an LP mixed and mastered from analogue source opposed to one from digital sources, I bet you couldn't do it.

I know I couldnt!!!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 pm

If a vinyl is mastered/cut from analogue or high resolution digital file it will result in a deeper sound than cd or cd sourced vinyl. You only need a decent set up to hear this. There is nothing gained, soundwise, to release cd resolution on vinyl.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 am

promiseland wrote:

I bet Ernst is really going to lose some sleep over this! :roll:

Amazing !

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 am

Re-mastered from original analogue US tapes .not digital source copy tapes.how many times do i have to say this before it seeps into your brain Ernst?!

:smt120

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:35 am

fyi hope Obama loses.he is an idiot.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 am

poormadpeter wrote:

Like this? :lol:

phpBB [video]

"Over 50% of the people preferred." How many over 50%? LOL!

They SO loved Pepsi, that when Coke copied it, people wanted "Classic" Coke back. There is no discernable difference.

rjm

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm

ritchie valens wrote:fyi hope Obama loses.he is an idiot.

Look who's talking...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:28 pm

The same thing crossed my mind -- immediately.