Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: THE GRACELAND 1976 MASTERS

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Moody_Blue wrote:http://hotfile.com/dl/166257635/e65195a/The_Graceland_1976_Masters.rar.html

Cheers MB .........

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks for the download, but these are "just" the TCEPM masters played back through an analog playback chain to give the sound more color. Might sound nice on an iPod or PC but likely not something you will ever want to play on a professional audio system. Don't waste your money, stick with the original Sony release (the sound of which you can just color yourself in your own playback chain anyways).
Last edited by thenexte on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:19 am

What a waste of a release. But then again, it ain't the first time.....and certainly not the last.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 am

elvisjock wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Japanese version rules, until FTD handles it properly.

Well, that would mean no improvement on FTD then as they would probably use the 2007 'remasters', which the imaginatively named 'elvis-fan' has just posted that there is no significant improvement over the LP 'masters'. So, as is the case with "GI Blues", "Love letters from Elvis", "Raised on rock" and "Elvis now" FTD's, one would have to hang on to the Japanese releases for better sound on the masters.

My hope would be that FTD goes back to the multis and starts over.

It is always possible. FTD hasn't always simply used the 2007 Anesini remasters - as in the case of How Great Thou Art. That said, it is hard to imagine that the FTD team will feel compelled to spend the time and money to rework the Jungle Room masters.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:34 pm

After listening to the Retro download as compared to the TCM disc 27 I have to say what ever technical modifications he has made it has filtered the audio to a sound of a very warm effect that seem to make the musical passages shine through.

Nicely done Retro. :smt023

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:36 pm

midnightx wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Well, that would mean no improvement on FTD then as they would probably use the 2007 'remasters', which the imaginatively named 'elvis-fan' has just posted that there is no significant improvement over the LP 'masters'. So, as is the case with "GI Blues", "Love letters from Elvis", "Raised on rock" and "Elvis now" FTD's, one would have to hang on to the Japanese releases for better sound on the masters.

It is always possible. FTD hasn't always simply used the 2007 Anesini remasters - as in the case of How Great Thou Art. That said, it is hard to imagine that the FTD team will feel compelled to spend the time and money to rework the Jungle Room masters.

...which sounds terrible.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:03 pm

promiseland wrote:
midnightx wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

OMG ! This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Is "HGTA" the only FTD deluxe by which the masters were not "re-mixed" or "re-mastered" by Vic or Sebastian ?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
promiseland wrote:
midnightx wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

OMG ! This is the first time I've ever heard of this. Is "HGTA" the only FTD deluxe by which the masters were not "re-mixed" or "re-mastered" by Vic or Sebastian ?

The HGTA FTD was remastered by Sebastian Jeansson... not sure if you were joking there...

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:01 pm

promiseland wrote:
midnightx wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Terrible? That is the first time I have seen anyone trash that very fine FTD release.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 am

Wouldn't say "trashing" it, it's an essential release, but sound quality wise, it is not the best.
Very flat sounding compared to many other studio FTD releases .

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 am

promiseland wrote:Wouldn't say "trashing" it, it's an essential release, but sound quality wise, it is not the best.

The 1966/67 sessions need to be reviewed against other releases of the same material, not against other FTD studio releases. The production, taping etc. is not the same on these sessions as earlier in the decade.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:30 am

Matthew wrote:
promiseland wrote:Wouldn't say "trashing" it, it's an essential release, but sound quality wise, it is not the best.

The 1966/67 sessions need to be reviewed against other releases of the same material, not against other FTD studio releases. The production, taping etc. is not the same on these sessions as earlier in the decade.

I agree, and I blame no one for the quality, it's just a shame the production, taping as you mention is not up to par with the rest.
You have explained this very well.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:43 am

This one's not going to be on bootleg

When it's Ready on request available free
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by retroaudio on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:16 am

retroaudio wrote:This one's not going to be on bootleg

well....ok then

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:12 pm

retroaudio wrote:
When it's Ready on request available free

Would like to hear it when available....enjoyed some of the other cds from you.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm

KingElvis wrote:
retroaudio wrote:When it's Ready on request available free

Would like to hear it when available....enjoyed some of the other cds from you.

+1

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 am

I Will, this cd beats vol. 1 easily IMO, did use a new procedure in combination with my standard and i didd't heard negative reactions yet in my family/friends circle( and there are some extreme listeners with them).

Have to find time to get the remaining part of the covers completed, but i have no hurry with it

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 am

Audiophile edition? :lol:

:wink:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 am

Matthew wrote:Audiophile edition? :lol:

Yep mr. Waldorf, it's vol. 2 so That line is there again

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:43 am

retroaudio wrote:

Still waiting on a lossless flac version of Good Times you did with that new technique the Mp3 sounded really nice on IGATAYB.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:50 am

promiseland wrote:Still waiting on a lossless flac version of Good Times you did with that new technique the Mp3 sounded really nice on IGATAYB.

When this one's finished completely , i Will upload it in wav
Then the complete stax is available uncompressed.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 am

retroaudio wrote:
promiseland wrote:Still waiting on a lossless flac version of Good Times you did with that new technique the Mp3 sounded really nice on IGATAYB.

When this one's finished completely , i Will upload it in wav
Then the complete stax is available uncompressed.

Looking forward to it Sir! :smt006

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:57 am

retroaudio wrote:

Audiofried edition? :lol:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 am

Matthew wrote: