Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Waylon Jennings' Goin' Down Rockin' releases today

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Waylon's last recordings are finally seeing the light of day! http://rockabillynblues.blogspot.com/20 ... -last.html

Re: Waylon Jennings' Goin' Down Rockin' releases today

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 pm

A good album with Tony Joe White and Reggie Young

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 am

Sounds great.I like the arrangement they've done on I Do Believe.One of the great voices of country music and such charisma Waylon has been greatly missed.

phpBB [video]

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:08 am

norrie wrote:Sounds great.I like the arrangement they've done on I Do Believe.One of the great voices of country music and such charisma Waylon has been greatly missed.

phpBB [video]

it does sound good Norrie but i prefer the version on the Highwaymen album

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 am

I'm a big Waylon fan and really liking this unexpected gift of an album I didn't know was
In the can. Bought without hesitation.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 am

Got the album the other day and it's very good.The best compliment I can give it is it really does sound on most of the tracks that the band were there with Waylon in the studio.It's not a patchwork.
Reggie Young is his usual non flashy but effective self and the pedal steel of Bobby Turner is brilliant.Around half of the songs will be familiar to anyone with a healthy Waylon collection,some were played live on the Final Concert film (Going Down Rockin', Shakin The blues and Never Say Die IIRC) and some are reworkings (I Do Believe,Belle Of The Ball) but it's nice to hear them in this way.
Great to hear you again Hoss you're truly are one of the greatest.

norrie