Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Thijs077
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

New song; 'All Right, Okay, You Win'

Post by Thijs077 »

According to 'The Man And His Music' magazine there will be a new song on the forthcoming FTD release 'The chinese dragon'.

It's called, 'all right, okay, you win'.

Never heard of it. I hope this is true. A new song by Elvis.

Wouldn't this be great. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Doesnt take much to get you guys going! heard that one before? :wink: in all seriousness, lol its prob just one line.. i wouldnt bust a gut or anything in excitement!

paulwood

Post by paulwood »

Hope it isn't just a few lines of the song Kylan - I love this one. Its one of the songs reported to have been sung live by Elvis in 75 but because no tape of ELvis singing this song surfaced it was just another in a long line of song title rumours.

I don't know who else recorded it Some easy listening singer here
had an album titled 'Alright OK You Win' quite recently.

I associate the song with PEGGY LEE. Her version is not Rock n Roll - its
Big Band Time with a bluesy feel.

Not getting my hopes up too high or expecting a complete or polished version from Elvis on the FTD album- ( it would be a nice suprise if that was the case) but its still good news. Alright Ok You Win - is an excellent song.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

"Alright, Okay, You Win" was a delightful 1959 single from singer Peggy Lee, issued not too long after her wonderful version of "Fever," which Elvis covered in 1960. It was also recorded by legendary jazz musician Count Basie.

ALRIGHT, OKAY, YOU WIN
(Sid Wyche / Mayme Watts)

Recorded by:
Count Basie
Peggy Lee

Well alright, okay, you win
I'm in love with you
Baby, what can I do
I'll do anything you say
It's just got to be that way

I'm in love with you
Baby, what can I do
Anything you say I'll do
As long as it's me and you

All that I am asking
All I want from you
Just love me like I love you
And it won't be hard to do

I'm in love with you
Baby, what can I do
I'll do anything you say
It's just got to be that way

All that I am asking
All I want from you
Just love me like I love you
And it won't be hard to do

I'm in love with you
Baby, one thing more
If you're gonna be my man
Sweet baby take me by the hand

I'm in love with you
Baby, one thing more
If you're gonna be my man
Sweet baby take me by the hand

Well alright, okay, you win!

-----

If Elvis sang this it is very likely a one or two-liner, possibly done while handing out scarves.

God bless y'all!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Elvis Fan

Post by Elvis Fan »

I have an audience recording of this show and don't recall hearing this song. Albeit, the quality is poor at best but I think it would have stood out if it indeed was at this show. Perhaps TMAHM printed the wrong date. Elvis returned to Detroit on October 3. Maybe it was at this show rather than September 29.

Elvis Fan

sam

Post by sam »

It would be great to hear Elvis sing this song in full. It's a great song.

8)

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

jeffreyjames

Post by jeffreyjames »

Johnnie Ray sang this song on the Ed Sullivan Show in the late 50's. It was a real hoot. His version was very uptempo. I could hardly keep from crackin' up. I saw it several years ago on one of the VH1 flashbacks of the Ed Sullivan Show.

jeff R

Guitar_Slinger_6120
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Guitar_Slinger_6120 »

Iam pretty sure Tony Bennett and Diana Krall recorded that
song for Tony's CD "Playin' With My Friends".
Its a good song, I wonder what Elvis's version
would sound like?

John

billdcat

Post by billdcat »

if you want to do your ears a big favor, seek out any recording of
"all right, okay, you win" by the late jazz singer joe williams,
with or without count basie's band.
outstanding !

Jarle Jensen
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Jarle Jensen »

The Marcels also had a great uptempo vocal group version of this in the early 60's. Personally one of my favourite Marcels' tracks.

kind regards
Jarle Jensen

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:( On my audience tape of the Detroit 29.9.74 show their is a HUGE 'cut'/Gap between the end of 'Let Me Be There' and 'The Hawaiian Wedding Song' it's HIGHLY POSSIBLE that if he sang a bit of this song at this show it's from this 'cut'? Lets hope so.This is Very,VERY similar as to what happened with Dallas 28.12.76 show as well we got a Bo Diddley bit of vocal along with Ron Tutts drum solo released on a Soundboard of that show...AGAIN on the audience tape of that SAME show that is missing!! :?:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

As others have mentioned, "Alright, OK, You Win" was recorded by blues/jazz-pop singer Joe Williams (not to be confused with country bluesman Big Joe Williams). He did it many times as the singer for the Count Basie Orchestra and also as a solo act. In fact, it became one of his signature tunes, sometimes done in medley with "Everyday I Have the Blues," the Memphis Slim standard, which Elvis would have been great at, too.

The best version of "Alright, OK..." I have handy is Williams' "Nothin' But the Blues" CD with Red Holloway & His Blues All-Stars. (In fact, the disc is one of the first on the new format, coming out in '84 on the classical label, DELOS. It's got Jack McDuff on organ, Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson on some vocals and alto sax, Phil Upchurch on guitar, among other stalwarts. It's a must if you are branching into something by JW.)

Yes, Tony Bennett did record it on his blues album, as has B.B. King, I believe and New York blues-rock guitarist Bill Perry. Elvis could have totally made it his own.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:x Well I just listened CLOSELY to my audience tape of Detroit 29.9.74 AGAIN and i hear Elvis sing one line of Allright,Allright, OK,OK... during Joe Guercio's Orchestral instrumental at that show~!! talk about a 'BRIEF' and I mean very BRIEF 1 liner of this song!! makes me cry it's so BRIEF!! :evil: :x :x

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

jailhouserocker

Post by jailhouserocker »

if there is an unknown and unreleased song on the forthcoming chinese dragon cd, it will be very strange that Ernst doesnt make any statement about it !!!

once again rumour and dreaming

wake up everybody :lol:

anyway it is really good news to get a new show in soundboard so thanks ernst!!!!!

just hope that the sound will be great
it's midnight from 74 too was poorly sounding to my ears

hello I am michel !

Eivind
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Eivind »

Just got an e-mail from Ernst stating that the song in question is sung more or less like a jam during Glen D. Hardin's piano solo. So I guess it's something similar to the "Bo Diddley" song on "Hot Winter Night..." cd.
The other two bonus tracks are "Blue Christmas" and "Trying To Get To You"...didn't state the dates on those two though.

Eivind

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:? Eivind, your post leaves me utterly confused! I just listened to Glen D.Hardin on the 29.9.74 show and all i can hear him do is 'Lawdy Miss Clawdy!?. Sure i could appreciate Glen playing something else at another show instead of this and Elvis singing along....but unless my Detroit show is wrongly dated i'm left mighty,mightly :? :? :?

You Don't Know Me!

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by MB280E »

Only three bonus songs, and one of them being Blue Christmas... :(

Sincerely MB280E

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:) I have no problem with just 3 bonus songs (which will probably bring the running time up to 70 minutes or so-so no complains their.Blue Christmas, well providing it isn't the SAME as i have heard before from College Park or Dayton i don't mind at all! After all Ernst didn't HAVE to give us any 'extras' at all and this sounds good to me!

You Don't Know Me!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:shock: Allright,ok you win!-Iv'e just done more research and feel their is a 'big' chance my Detroit recording could be from 4.10.74....which would explain FULLY Ernst finding other songs from the 29.9.74 show! Also i found out more about Elvis's show on 1.10.74- if anyones interested you'll hear Elvis say(after AMEN) that he has never played South Bend before and the audiences are 'really fine'.He forgets the words to 'It's now or Never' and even admits after a lousy muddle through 'Blue Suede Shoes' that they didn't do a very good job on that!.Elvis seems mostly a bit not 'up' for the show till later and annoyed/short tempered with the very noisy crowd song requests-so much so he snaps back"Oh Shut Up!" at one point.However Elvis really sings well on Bridge,Mountain and Steamroller! why even the Introductions sound 'FANTASTIC!' He gets James Burton to do a really funky guitar solo, then shakes all over to Ron Tutts great drum solo and even gets Glen D.Hardin to play a soulful number before going into Lawdy Miss Clawdy..I don't think ANYONE will be bored with this shows intros! whole show ran for 70 minutes.Sounds like a Superb FTD release to me along with the Bonus Songs! :P

You Don't Know Me!