Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Comes the CD "Hits Of The 70s" really as new FTD issue?

We really need this CD with bonus?

Re: Hits of the 70's - New FTD!?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Do you really have to start a new topic for this?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Alexander wrote:Do you really have to start a new topic for this?

Why not?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Since it has been discussed to death in another thread. In other words: the discussion you try to start has already been discussed and there for the thread is superfluous.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Did it just seen and discovered. Sorry!
I thought that the information was still relatively new ...

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:49 pm

If that's you in the picture Roustabout you are forgiven!!! :smt007

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:51 pm

And if it's not you, you are also forgiven :D General opinion was that some fans consider buying it but that it is not consider a very necessary FTD (which is an understatement).

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Roustabout64 wrote:Did it just seen and discovered. Sorry!

It's not a problem. This will be the first FTD that I will consider not buying.

Consider being the key word here.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm

C'mon, Rob. Give in to temptation and buy it. That'll make two of us. Others will buy it as well, but perhaps they won't openly admit it for fear of being scorned.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it. I won't buy it.

Damn it!

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm

i will buy it

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Rob wrote:
Roustabout64 wrote:Did it just seen and discovered. Sorry!

It's not a problem. This will be the first FTD that I will consider not buying.

Consider being the key word here.

Two days ago you wrote (on another thread):

Rob wrote:It will also be the first FTD release that I skip.

And I thought the line "La donna รจ mobile" applied only to women. :wink:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Give me some credit here. I haven't bought it......... yet.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Did they find the Col alive somewhere? This smells like his idea!

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Check out the small print on the flyers, SNOWMAN PRODUCTIONS, say no more .......

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 pm

on the humorous side of things, this will probably turn out to be FTD`s biggest seller :wink:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:08 pm

I think it would have worked if instead of the masters. They actually took time to pick the best versions & alternate takes of each song. Then we atleast get something new. But because those are just goin to be masters i really dont care for this FTD.

Hits of the 70's is a bummer in the FTD Catalogue

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Hits of the 70's is a bummer in the FTD Catalogue
I think it would have worked if instead of the masters. They actually took time to pick the best versions & alternate takes of each song. Then we atleast get something new. But because those are just goin to be masters i really dont care for this FTD.

you can always buy it for a family member or friend for Christmas just to re-assure them that burning love was`nt elvis` only hit from the 70`s! Hell then you can open them up to THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FTD!! :D

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:I think it would have worked if instead of the masters. They actually took time to pick the best versions & alternate takes of each song. Then we atleast get something new. But because those are just goin to be masters i really dont care for this FTD.

The boot version had alternates and disappointed IMHO

Geoff

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Again, one can make his own compilation of alternates, just like he can for the masters. This reissue seems more like an attempt by FTD to feel out the market to see if the label can issue pricey reissues of out-of-print compilations. If this release is heavily supported, FTD will quite possibly continue down this path. It's up to the consumer to decide if they want FTD to remain a collector's label aimed at releasing archival material or if they want Sony to transform it into a reissue vehicle.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 pm

midnightx wrote:Again, one can make his own compilation of alternates, just like he can for the masters. This reissue seems more like an attempt by FTD to feel out the market to see if the label can issue pricey reissues of out-of-print compilations. If this release is heavily supported, FTD will quite possibly continue down this path. It's up to the consumer to decide if they want FTD to remain a collector's label aimed at releasing archival material or if they want Sony to transform it into a reissue vehicle.

interesting theory here midnightx and I don`t disagree, however I must say changes have been slowly occurring all along right before our very eyes! FACT - collector`s label is much different now (2012) then it`s beginning (1999) intentions were. With the decline of actual cd sales on the mainstream market, Sony very well might be thinking, "this is their back-up" plan! If there is any truth to this, I can`t say I`m shocked. The fact remains that if Sony wants this to be a collectors label and a reissue label (2 in 1) they will do it. Call it whatever you want or disguise it as well, the money goes to the same place!

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 pm

CDs is a dying format now, when don't need re-issues with no outtakes.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

JimmyCool wrote:CDs is a dying format now, when don't need re-issues with no outtakes.

tell it to the man in charge, or simply DON`T BUY - did`nt seem like a difficult problem to work out! :D

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Rob wrote:Give me some credit here. I haven't bought it......... yet.

Buy it Rob! Do it!!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:35 am

We'll all be buying it if has the mono singles mixes won't we? I will :oops: