Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

5 songs you wish he did at MSG

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 am

I almost made a new thread about this but I figured I just continue this one. Which 5 songs that Elvis performed at any point in 1972 (but not on 6/10/72) do you wish he performed at one of the two professionally recorded shows at MSG? Here's mine:

1. Bridge Over Troubled Water
2. Big Hunk of Love
3. One Night
4. Little Sister/Get Back
5. You Gave Me a Mountain

Re: Prince From Another Planet --> MSG Set Due Out In Septem

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

I wonder why didn't Ernst included audience recording of Bridge Over Troubled Water from opening show and Complete Press Conference (audio only) as bonus tracks at the end of disc 1 aft. respectively disc 2 eve.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 pm

This would only have been an option if the sound was great. Remember, this is a package for a wider audience an not only for nutcases such as us..

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

dennyelvis wrote:Just sticking with the cape, these are slightly newer shots than normal .........

I have a lot to learn on this cool site. Im still trying to work out how theyre newwer shots. Pls help!!!

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Robert wrote:This would only have been an option if the sound was great. Remember, this is a package for a wider audience an not only for nutcases such as us..

They could do them as accompanying digital-only downloads maybe? EMI did that sort of thing with their recent(ish) reissue of Bowie's Station To Station in a box set with a live album. You could download a complete very long version of a song with a pretty horrible 8-minute drum solo while Bowie changed his costume/had a rest/snorted some coke, which was edited out of the physical mainstream release.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

does ernst know if the garden other shows were recorded on soundboard i'm guessing not as they could of released all 4 shows ?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 pm

OnTourCam wrote:does ernst know if the garden other shows were recorded on soundboard i'm guessing not as they could of released all 4 shows ?

You just answered your own question.

If Ernst had more shows...why hold them back when they're already putting out a boxed set?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm

OnTourCam wrote:does ernst know if the garden other shows were recorded on soundboard i'm guessing not as they could of released all 4 shows ?

Blue River, do you know anything about this?

Could they of released all 4 shows?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Rob wrote:

Blue River, do you know anything about this?
Could they of released all 4 shows?

:lol:
Thanks for the laugh, Rob!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Maybe daryl knows who has them?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 am

would be very surprised if they didn't record the other shows ?

maybe Ersnt can start the hunt for them :)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 am

OnTourCam wrote:would be very surprised if they didn't record the other shows ?

maybe Ersnt can start the hunt for them :)

Why even suggest that there might be more shows recorded? We have all that was recorded. While you're at it, why not also say that you expect to find the 1977 pool footage too?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 am

Why suggest it ?

why not ?

there was many soundboards recorded during the Elvis tours so why not record the other garden shows?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 am

OnTourCam wrote:Why suggest it ?

why not ?

there was many soundboards recorded during the Elvis tours so why not record the other garden shows?

If it was recorded (and I think it was), it is not in Ernst hands. He would have released it officially just like he did with the afternoon show from June 10th.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am

Are sound samples available somewhere? Would like to hear them.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 am

OnTourCam wrote:Why suggest it ?

why not ?

What evidence do you have to suggest that the other MSG shows were recorded? Unless you have any substantial evidence from any other source that the other shows were actually taped---it's just one fan's speculation and that's how false rumors get started.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 am

We have yet to hear an actual sample from the new set. The video clip on Youtube is just cleaned up audio of the original mix.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 am

This one is not from Madison Square Garden.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Once again this release is delayed....new date is november 12 according to AMAZON.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:58 am

Ah damn . . .

Oh well - we'll just have to wait a little longer.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Ah damn . . .

Oh well - we'll just have to wait a little longer.

Thats what we said the last time we got the "release is delayed news" :roll:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Uncut´s review:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Makes me wonder how they can review a product 6 weeks (!) before release......isnt the delay
because BMG are still working on the prodject?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:00 pm

KingElvis wrote:Makes me wonder how they can review a product 6 weeks (!) before release......isnt the delay

No, it's 'cos of all the Beatles stuff coming out in October/Nov, some of it is quite expensive so other releases have been moved so they don't get ignored near release date because people have spent all their spare cash on The Beatles! The big Johnny Cash box set due out soon has been delayed too.

I expect Sony and other labels are pretty pissed off, as The Beatles product onslaught will suck up a LOT of pre Christmas sales from other releases, as people prioritise their funds for The Beatles, especially in the US where the vinyl remaster box sets will cause mini-riots if it's truly a limited edition ..

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 am

Makes me wonder how they can review a product 6 weeks (!) before release......isnt the delay

I don't think it's a "review" as such - more like a "preview" of what's on the set.

RKS