Chat talk and light discussion

New member to say Hello

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi everybody. I'm just a new member saying hello.
I've been a "lurker" for some time now, and now, I've finally signed up.

I was born in 1980 in Norway. So I never got to se him while he was alive. One time in 1983, I couldn't sleep. My mother found a mixed tape and played it for me. Suddenly Heartbreak hotel came on. Since that time, she always had to play Elvis to me before i went to sleep.

I've been a huge Elvis fan ever since. None of my friends or family members share my live for him. So i've always been alone when it comes to music.
I 2010, I celebrated my 30th birthday. My girlfriends birthday present was a trip to Graceland. So for my first time I got to se the Usa, Memphis and Gracelad. Best Birthday present ever:)

I think this forum is fantastic. Whit so many nice people, sharing photos, memories, favorites and so on.

My favourite List:

Favourite Elvis: 1969 press conference at the International
Favourite Movie: Flaming Star (whith King Creole as a good nr 2)
Favourite Song 50:Got a lot O'Livin' To Do
Favourite Song 60: Guitar Man ( If I Can Dream is to be played at my funeral though)
Favourite song 70: You Gave Me a Mountain
Favourite Concert: 1968 Comeback Special
Favourite Suit: Brown two piece suit (Never worn on stage i think)
Favourite Jumpsuit: American Eagle Suit (Aloha)

Ok..... That was just me saying hello:)

Cheers:)

Re: New member to say Hello

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Wow ! An Elvis fan since the age of three !

Welcome on board, Kark, glad to have you here.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Welcome aboard, Kark. Nice to see ya.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 am

Welcome to FECC,Kark

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

Welcome, Kark! What a wonderful story of your fandom, too! Thanks for the thorough introduction.

And once again, welcome aboard!

All new members, even though you've been lurking, I'll say it: all new members should head for the Picture Section! Davide's photo essays, for one thing, are amazing. This place is a treasure trove!

And it's also like a boisterous boarding house. Don't let 'em fool ya. We do all love each other! The info is priceless, and everyone is really THERE for each other, in good times and bad.

So, smt189

rjm

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm

George Smith wrote:Wow ! An Elvis fan since the age of three !

Welcome on board, Kark, glad to have you here.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Jepp:) I'm proud of that. Stubborn with good taste at the age of 3. I actually have a book, (the kind that you get when you where born, where you'r parents writes down thing like your first thooth, first time you walk and so on.) and in topic: favourite music, it says. Elvis songs and the crocodile song. I have no idea what the crocodile song is:)

rjm wrote:All new members, even though you've been lurking, I'll say it: all new members should head for the Picture Section! Davide's photo essays, for one thing, are amazing. This place is a treasure trove!

Thumbs up for that:)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:10 pm

welcome Kark To Our Elvis Board
Enjoy ya Visits
God Bless you - Nice ta meet you

http://youtu.be/CcAR9eIJaGk

::rocks