Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Amore Elvis ! : 3-29-75 Dinner & Midnight Shows (2 CD D

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 am

Yes I'll remember you is ruined by Elvis giving a scarf mid-song to a Fan and sound is less good. Sound is much better for the M/S samples-even if Rip it Up is so brief! M/S will be nice to listen too!~ 8)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Nice quick reference to Good Rockin' Tonight with a very mumbled one liner. It seems Elvis feels the key is too high for him by 1975.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Mike DK wrote:Sound is decent, but that is a very bad performance by Elvis on "I'll remeber you".

It's not that bad u cant say its a bad performance because elvis voice is as strong as it was 2/3 years earlier This performance is fine if u would compare it to later versions in 75 where he's more distracted to it.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm

It's a shame that he was so distracted, I'll Remember You is a BEAUTIFUL song!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Another classy audience recorded digipak...both shows sound decent with a stereo effect caused by
the taping with 2 mikes.. as usual the midnight show is the better of the pair..I really like this Vegas season..Elvis is more committed than the year before and he dropped these endless (karate)-dialogues
and focussed more on the music..we have interesting set lists..with songs like My Boy, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Tiger Man, Ill Remember You, Hawaiian Wedding Song..etc...another worthwhile release for
us audience recording junkies.. :wink:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

i agree, this is a great release...... and i like that vegas season´s concerts by our man.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:37 am

Woohoo i received my copy of this 3 days ago and i've listenin to the cds and Elvis does sound in a good mood just think the dinner show is abit better one than the midnight or am i getting it round the wrong way. i was listenin to this at 3am in the morning so my brain was abit mashed, all i can say is good work SA again and look forward to next release,

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Moody_Blue wrote:
Joern wrote:If "Amore Elvis" doesn't sound any better than their latest release containing the shows from December 3, 1976 than I wouldn't bet money on it.

Is Now or Never from Memory still a better source for the M,S.?

NO. "Christmas lights...." is slightly better.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Lots of these Straight Arrow digipaks, new and sealed, were available at the Elvis festival in Great Yarmouth this week for only £10 each. My thinkig is they are not selling well. I think I'll wait til next year to pick up all my bootlegs for this price. :D

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Desperation setting in to get that $.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Got both Amore, Elvis and Night On The Town today. As noted elsewhere, the audio quality of the midnight show is better on Amore, Elvis yet it seems to me the tape runs a bit too fast making Elvis sound a little unnatural. Here's a little A-B comparison for all of you to hear.

http://www.packupload.com/KP0FDVN555B

A - Amore, Elvis
B - Night On The Town

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Anyway,....Straight Arrow rules..I really like what they are doing.. :wink:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 am

listening to samples from both 'amore elvis' AND ' night on the town' it is clear that the SA Amore Elvis is vastly superior in a much clearer sound..Another winner for certain from SA!~ :lol:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Anyway,....Straight Arrow rules..I really like what they are doing.. :wink:

Constant praise for ALL their products! Are you a 'share holder'? :lol: :wink:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Anyway,....Straight Arrow rules..I really like what they are doing.. :wink:

Constant praise for ALL their products! Are you a 'share holder'? :lol: :wink:

No..just a fan.. :wink:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

:D Well due to my 'supplier' being busy i only received 4 bootlegs today!~ Amore Elvis presents 2 Elvis shows in 'very good sound' with the M/S being superior in every way. At the D/S the most interesting thing is Elvis's meeting Barbara Streisand comment, otherwise false starts band members sing-especially an awful Hawaiian Wedding Song by Sherril Neilson gives us a below average March 75' Vegas show.
The M/S has some early distortion but is a much better show)never heard Rip it Up ' in this quality b4!~- The D/S does appear to sound too fast for the first part but the M/S sounds at correct speed-and what a good show it is INDEED!~ certainly i had never heard these 2 shows in this QUALITY b4 a clear winner from SA. :lol:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

:D Just listening to the M/S again and once you accept the 'distortion' its a great show a whole verse of 'rip it up' + 1 liner of 'promised land ' during Amen and even a rare 1 liner of 'theirs good rockin tonight' B4 Stamps intro.... because you an actually HEAR what Elvis is saying makes it just so much better.someone shows Elvis a naked photo...and his reaction is priceless.....then someone offers Elvis Alcohol and his comment again is very interesting.. + Billy Swan intro and dialogue!~the 'joke' about having to perform a 3rd show is funny... as he never did after 1973!~great show and a wonderful release from SA :roll: :lol: :smt007

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Amore, Elvis! is a fantastic release..now I am eagerly waiting for
MSG, June 9, 1972 ES... :smt007 ..for me ..the AR of the year..!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Well i can say the producer has been working 20 hour days to try to get these releases out b4 xmas.... :wink:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm

YDKM wrote:Well i can say the producer has been working 20 hour days to try to get these releases out b4 xmas.... :wink:

Kudos !... :wink:

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:32 am

Listened AGAIN yesterday to this release and the M/S...... committed singing from Elvis even a verse of Promised Land during I Got a Woman and yet delving deeper it becomes VERY evident that from this show till the end of the Engagement (when Duke Bardwell left) that Elvis IS actually insulting him quite openly on stage!~
during AND I LOVE YOU SO Elvis changes lines to 'My Bass players dead!~' and during Duke Solo's intro he says Duke is a nice guy-just cannot play Bass!~
small wonder that Duke could even put up with this non-nice behavour from Elvis 'on stage'...
yet despite this aspect when Elvis stops goofing around,false starting and stopping songs the rest of the completely sung songs show an Elvis in great voice singing beautifully!~ interesting document of this time from Elvis. :roll:

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 am

Listened again to the D/S..... Hmm its not that greater show.... songs such as I REMEMBER YOU get ruined and having Sherril Neilson sing THE HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG instead of when Elvis should have sung it is very poor and shows not much effort from Elvis.Shows improved from 30th up until end of this engagement and he does mention meeting Barbara Streisand after last nights show, but Saturday 29th March 75' didn't feature 2 of the best shows from this engagement!~ :?

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 am

I have now thoroughly listened to these 'mixed show quality' but great audience sounding shows and have put them away and next will listen to the latest 2 SA shows when they arrive with me very early January 2013......probably same time as new FTD's.... late.... but still a great way to start the new year!~ :D