Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Once Upon A Time: Elvis and Anita --> Out Now!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:18 am

jinjoe wrote:It seems this book can only be ordered if you live within the USA ...

You are mistaken.

Once Upon A Time: Elvis and Anita is readily available on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Elvis-Anita/dp/0985805609

You can only get an autographed copy within the USA from Jonnita's site:

We are terribly sorry but due to shipping cost, autographed copies are only available in the USA at the current time.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

jinjoe wrote:It seems this book can only be ordered if you live within the USA, a bit cheeky considering i supplied a couple of pics, however i've just sent a message asking about shipping options to the UK & would like an autographed copy too

I didnt seem to have any trouble ordering the book from the link above

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jinjoe wrote:It seems this book can only be ordered if you live within the USA ...

You are mistaken.

Once Upon A Time: Elvis and Anita is readily available on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Elvis-Anita/dp/0985805609

You can only get an autographed copy within the USA from Jonnita's site:

We are terribly sorry but due to shipping cost, autographed copies are only available in the USA at the current time.

It seems i was mistaken

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:06 pm

nod3million wrote:
jinjoe wrote:It seems this book can only be ordered if you live within the USA, a bit cheeky considering i supplied a couple of pics, however i've just sent a message asking about shipping options to the UK & would like an autographed copy too

I didnt seem to have any trouble ordering the book from the link above

So you ordered from the Jonnita's home page ? and do you mind if i ask how much the shipping was ?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I think I have the problem solved for international shipping! I may still need to work out a few bugs, i'm completely new to this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Should be ready to ship anywhere,

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Great news!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Many thanks Jonnita i'll be placing my order within the next 48hrs, really looking forward to your book :)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks DJC for the thread and thank you Jonnita for joining the board and posting. Order placed and looking forward to a good read. I'm from the UK so am not expecting an autographed copy. Still, we can all dream. Looking forward to it anyway. 2012 is proving to be a great year for Elvis fans.

Once Upon A Time: Elvis and Anita --> Out Now!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:57 am

I've checked amazon.ca for Canada and I can order it from there. Thanks.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 am

Hey it's on sale for $16.81 in Canada... but apparently Paul bought all the copies because they're temporily out of stock :(

Beautiful shots chosen for the cover photos!

Once Upon A Time: Elvis and Anita --> Out Now!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 am

elvis-fan wrote:Hey it's on sale for $16.81 in Canada... but apparently Paul bought all the copies because they're temporily out of stock :(

Beautiful shots chosen for the cover photos!

No. It was out of stock when I checked. We'll just have to wait ;-)

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Just received the book :D many thanks Jonnita

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 pm

I, too, have just received Jonnita's biography of her mom. It looks great so far, and you can feel the love on every page.

Best of all, I've already noticed things that add a few pieces to the Presley puzzle. More later.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 am

placed my order today :smt007

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 am

You are so welcome. Thank you for ordering one!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am

Just ordered my copy of what looks sure to be a fascinating read.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:I've already noticed things that add a few pieces to the Presley puzzle. More later.

Is it "later" yet doc? :D
I'm waiting for my copy, does anyone who has a copy have any thoughts to share?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Steelback wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:I've already noticed things that add a few pieces to the Presley puzzle. More later.

Is it "later" yet doc? :D

Well, I believe I've found a connection involving the "Girl Happy" sessions.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:24 pm

I`d really like to buy this book, a autographed copy, but if I buy it as a import online from US to Denmark, my price will be $61....+ shipping :shock: . Well, that`s just too much....crazy, but that`s how it works.

I guess I`ll have to wait for someone to sell a used copy and post it as a gift, because then there will be no import tax.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 pm

jbarrett6 wrote:You are so welcome. Thank you for ordering one!

Welcome to FECC. And thank you for writing this book during what must have been difficult at times given the circumstances. My condoleances and my respect.

I have not been well lately so i missed out on a lot of things here. So thanks to the doc for starting this thread.

A few minutes ago i ordered a copy on Amazon. When i ordered there were only two copies left. During check out i saw it being reduced to one. So it seems to be selling well. Indeed there is interest for this part of the puzzle and for someone who seems to have a very good heart.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:54 am

I placed my order today.Shoud be a good read.To say those two were a great looking couple is an understatement.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 pm

epf wrote:
jbarrett6 wrote:You are so welcome. Thank you for ordering one!

Welcome to FECC. And thank you for writing this book during what must have been difficult at times given the circumstances. My condoleances and my respect.

I have not been well lately so i missed out on a lot of things here. So thanks to the doc for starting this thread.

A few minutes ago i ordered a copy on Amazon. When i ordered there were only two copies left. During check out i saw it being reduced to one. So it seems to be selling well. Indeed there is interest for this part of the puzzle and for someone who seems to have a very good heart.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you for the welcome. FECC has been very kind towards my mother and I appreciate it very much.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill, I hope that you are better.

I hope the books sell well but more importantly to me is just that Momma's part in Elvis' history is written down on paper for anyone who is interested and for future generations.

Thank you again for your nice comments.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 am

More comments to come, Jonnita!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 am

The postman just arrived with one very sodden package. Honestly, it looked like the post office had left it sitting in a puddle for a week. Anyway, I made him wait while I checked the condition of the contents, expecting the worst. I didn't so much open the package, as just let it disintegrate in my hands, but inside, wrapped in a plastic zip bag (joy of joys!) was my signed copy of Jonnita's book.
So far I've just had a quick scan through, and it looks like it will be a thoroughly interesting and entertaining read. Nicely illustrated (thanks to all who contributed) and at well over 200 pages, money well spent.
I'm looking forward to reading it when time allows (busy 3 weeks coming up)
If you're looking in Jonnita, thanks for the plastic bag! :wink:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 am

It's doing well on amazon: I'll put it that way! (I put it in "saved for later" so I can check my checking account tomorrow. Playing it close. But I'm getting it!)

Thanks for the thread, once again. And thanks for the book! :smt006

rjm ::rocks