Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Unedited Masters - Hollywood To Nashville 1972-1980 (Ve

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Gunter wrote:'For Ol' Times Sake' (KWA5 8238 1980 re-recording) that's supposed to feature Tony Joe White on harmonica and harmony vocals right? That would be neat!

Its indeed the version with Tony Joe White and its breathtaking.
I have met Tony Joe White last year and he told us about the guitar man sessions
He had record three songs for that album. He also told us he and Felton Jarvis where very good friends.
He was also presend At the Stax studio when Elvis record his songs
The remark little Gospel singer is refering tho the song The Gospel singer, TJW was there at the moment as spectator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:36 pm

h huh another good reason that will make this Venus release a 'classic' one!~ :lol:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Is he drugged on the photo..?

Considering what we know about how the story ended en judging by the look in his eyes I would say he already had his portion of downers for that day...

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Alexander wrote:

Considering what we know about how the story ended en judging by the look in his eyes I would say he already had his portion of downers for that day...

That's the final straw. Do you smile on the photo of your driver license or your ID card?

Everyone knows that Elvis took lots of uppers and downers, but comments like this are the icing on the cake. I'm far, far away to look at Elvis through rose-coloured glasses, but the story to the pictures is that they simply made photos for a police ID badge. Nothing more, nothing less.

The picture of the badge was posted by Kingcandids in the picture section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Joern wrote:
Alexander wrote:

That's the final straw. Do you smile on the photo of your driver license or your ID card?

Everyone knows that Elvis took lots of uppers and downers, but comments like this are the icing on the cake. I'm far, far away to look at Elvis through rose-coloured glasses, but the story to the pictures is that they simply made photos for a police ID badge. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well said Joern. Just elvis being serious for an ID photo.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm

To me he looks high as a kite..sorry..could be wrong, of course..

But not so important..what counts is the contents..

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Ciscoking wrote:To me he looks high as a kite..sorry..could be wrong, of course..

My answer was directed at Alexander... so no pun intended.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Ciscoking wrote:To me he looks high as a kite..sorry..could be wrong, of course..

May i ask you why you think he looks high in the photo?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 pm

rizzy56 wrote:
Joern wrote:I'm far, far away to look at Elvis through rose-coloured glasses, but the story to the pictures is that they simply made photos for a police ID badge. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree as well.

Whatever Elvis' personal problems, it's unfair to presume his state of being in a random photograph from the '70s.

Of course, there are exceptions. Almost every shot I've seen from College Park in September 1974 shows a guy who is clearly medicated. But, again, these are the exception.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm

wonder why the string versions have never been released on ftd yet?it would be a great addition to a ftd cd release one day.who did they get the tapes from?sony?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm

YDKM wrote:just bought my copy.....the word is 'OUT' this is a 'great release' and currently selling like hot cakes!~ :) :D

Same here. Looks good.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Elvis in the photo just looks extremely 'sedate' and posing for a serious photo- same as i look when going through US Customs. Any smile can be mis-interpreted and its 'wise' to look serious when doing official buisness. :roll:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 am

Looks stoned to me I would never walk through customs looking as vacant as that

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm

hmm 8/10 people say he was drugged/stoned in the photo- maybe but its still nice to see a new photo! anyhow drugged people you can tell by the eyes and you cannot see to well in this photo.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm

rizzy56 wrote:
Joern wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Of course it is Joern... Elvis is looking seriously drugged in these pictures and around 1976 it was a serious issue. But then again: Elvis looked also quite drugged in the 1956 Hi Gardner Calling TV interview (and we all know that drugs were no issue then). So we can not be 100% sure, but the grimm liveless look in his eyes do tell me this is not a man who is just looking serious. And this one is quite alright, compared to other photographs made that day.
Last edited by Alexander on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Looking forward to hear the unreleased re-recordings.....I though for ol times sake had tape damage so
it couldnt be included on FTD release.

I wouldn't take too much notice of that. Ernst once quoted that they would never release "Dominic" ...

Where may we find that quote? My understanding is he never said anything like that.

"Goldmine" magazine, august 23rd 1991 issue, page 19. Interview with EJ. I quote; "Jorgensen notes that Elvis instructed producer Felton Jarvis that "Dominic" must never be released and he (Ernst Jorgensen) feels obligation to respect that edict".

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm surprised to hear that comment from a collector of all 1976 and '77 concert recordings! :shock:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 pm

What the hell you talkin about Doc, half the time you don't meet that standard, stop stroking your ego on this board. Do it in the privacy of your bathroom where we don't have to see it.

This release looks like a must have, just like the other Venus releases. Wonder when Ernst will get around to the second volume of Monkey Business and the Jungle Room Sessions. I think Kieth's review makes the decision easy. I'm gettin' it.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Looking forward to hear the unreleased re-recordings.....I though for ol times sake had tape damage so

I wouldn't take too much notice of that. Ernst once quoted that they would never release "Dominic" ...

Where may we find that quote? My understanding is he never said anything like that.

"Goldmine" magazine, august 23rd 1991 issue, page 19. Interview with EJ. I quote; "Jorgensen notes that Elvis instructed producer Felton Jarvis that "Dominic" must never be released and he (Ernst Jorgensen) feels obligation to respect that edict".

I never had a problem with the song, Its quite funny and works in the movie Whenever i listen to that track i remember the scene from stay away joe

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Tim C "Spot On"

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

I never had a problem with the song, Its quite funny and works in the movie Whenever i listen to that track i remember the scene from stay away joe

just a load of bull if you ask me!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:I never had a problem with the song [Dominic], Its quite funny and works in the movie. Whenever i listen to that track i remember the scene from stay away joe

Johnny2523, what scene are you referring to?
This is the infamous, embarrassing scene I'm aware of >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNyLatIkDs :oops:

How does it "work" in the movie with Elvis chasing two girls while singing that song? If he were singing it to the bull with a direct correlation then it would've made a little more sense (very little).

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Tony.. wrote:

I'm surprised to hear that comment from a collector of all 1976 and '77 concert recordings! :shock:

First,..we have to face reality..

Second..you forgot 1969 till 1975... :smt006

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:01 am

Tony.. wrote:"Goldmine" magazine, august 23rd 1991 issue, page 19. Interview with EJ. I quote; "Jorgensen notes that Elvis instructed producer Felton Jarvis that "Dominic" must never be released and he (Ernst Jorgensen) feels obligation to respect that edict".

As I knew, it was not Ernst who issued that edict, but producer Felton Jarvis, at Elvis' request.

Next time take a little more effort in what you post, so that people's words and deeds are not misrepresented.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:52 am

It would be nice to have the unedited take 1 of Fool. Too bad this was censored on the FTD classic album release.

I guess which leads to another topic altogether...
The decision to censor recordings geared for collectors.