Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Elvis and a piano

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 am

Hi everybody ! Just recently discovered the site and I'm really excited about it ! So so many people who all seem to really get what and Who Elvis was all about (even though it's hard to really understand all that he has given to the world). A real pleasure to browse and read and listen. K, so I'm a newbie here and I apologize if there is a similar topic around and I didn't see it.

It's known that Elvis enjoyed playing the piano and I for one love these moments of his, just him alone, little moments of pure magic singing by himself, perhaps windows into his soul. This is just one of them. Maybe you'd like to post and comment your fav piano solos'?

in a house in Memphis Tennessee ...sometime in '66...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMapLJoQ4k

(thanks to the uploader!)

Re: Elvis and a piano

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:49 am

carpediem_ro wrote:Hi everybody ! Just recently discovered the site and I'm really excited about it ! So so many people who all seem to really get what and Who Elvis was all about (even though it's hard to really understand all that he has given to the world). A real pleasure to browse and read and listen. K, so I'm a newbie here and I apologize if there is a similar topic around and I didn't see it.

It's known that Elvis enjoyed playing the piano and I for one love these moments of his, just him alone, little moments of pure magic singing by himself, perhaps windows into his soul. This is just one of them. Maybe you'd like to post and comment your fav piano solos'?

in a house in Memphis Tennessee ...sometime in '66...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMapLJoQ4k

(thanks to the uploader!)

Welcome! And thanks for the YouTube link. You can embed the vids by hitting the YouTube button in the editing window. Still a link, but you can see them here.

rjm (and yes, "Suppose" has been discussed at length, but it's still a fascinating little recording, and worth another go, I think)

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm

thanks, my bad :)

phpBB [video]

From FTD The Home Recordings. Previously released on Elvis: A Golden Celebration, originally released as a 6 LP box.
Last edited by carpediem_ro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:02 pm

anyone knows what was he about to play after this? :)

phpBB [video]

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

carpediem_ro wrote:anyone knows what was he about to play after this? :)

phpBB [video]

I see what you mean: "while I'm back here, I'd like to do . . ." I never caught that before. Thanks. No, I have no idea. Maybe someone else does.

rjm

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am

Exactly! You got the idea! :) I don't know the answer either...hahaha...just curious...maybe someone knows :)

Anyway, a gospel by Mosie Lister, one of the gospels very close to Elvis' heart and very special to him through the darkest moment of his life, the loss of his mother. The only (known) time Elvis has played this live on stage was on February 16th 1977 in Montgomery, Alabama. It was recorded in May '66 at the RCA and released in '67 on the How Great Thou Art album.

there is one word I believe could describe Elvis and one thing Elvis is still teaching us: dignity

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 am

actually if I'm not mistaken he was about to play Unchained Melody :)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Se me permitem escrever em meu idioma pátrio (o português),
Quero agradecer a todos pela honrosa oportunidade de participar deste lindo fórum.
A cada dia que passa aprendo mais sobre Elvis e vocês ainda me dão oportunidade
de interagir com pessoas tão amáveis e sábias...afinal, vocês sabem tudo sobre Elvis. e isto me encanta por demais!!
Obrigada pelas lidíssimas fotos, clipes e tantas outras oportunidades de aumentar minha coleção de Elvis que vocês nos dão.
Fiquem com Deus e mais uma vez obrigada por tuuudooo!!! :smt006 :smt007 ::rocks

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 am

dolly Presley wrote:Se me permitem escrever em meu idioma pátrio (o português),
Quero agradecer a todos pela honrosa oportunidade de participar deste lindo fórum.
A cada dia que passa aprendo mais sobre Elvis e vocês ainda me dão oportunidade
de interagir com pessoas tão amáveis e sábias...afinal, vocês sabem tudo sobre Elvis. e isto me encanta por demais!!
Obrigada pelas lidíssimas fotos, clipes e tantas outras oportunidades de aumentar minha coleção de Elvis que vocês nos dão.
Fiquem com Deus e mais uma vez obrigada por tuuudooo!!! :smt006 :smt007 ::rocks

Obrigado. :smt006

rjm (And I hope Google Translate got that right; this was NOT Spanish! It's Portuguese. So, I go on trust.)
P.S. -- Personal fave piano ballad:

phpBB [video]

I know "I Will Be True" is probably "technically" and "critically" superior, but this is the one that really saved me when I lost my mom. Thank you, Elvis, for sitting down at the piano and singing this.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 pm

rjm wrote:
P.S. -- Personal fave piano ballad:

phpBB [video]

I know "I Will Be True" is probably "technically" and "critically" superior, but this is the one that really saved me when I lost my mom. Thank you, Elvis, for sitting down at the piano and singing this.

I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen - From FTD In A Private Moment

phpBB [video]

I always turn to him as well.
As for "technically" and "critically" I'm no music connoisseur, I just "turn around" ("....without gettin' dizzy and falling off the stage" :lol: ) a lot :)
Last edited by carpediem_ro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 pm

http://youtu.be/Q0GSBalXMk0

Enjoy Link Carpediem _ro and all members
Last edited by karlos on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:51 am

karlos wrote:
Enjoy Link Carpedium _ro

Thank you Karlos, much appreciated.

I listen and bow my head in gratitude.

phpBB [video]

From FTD Unchained Melody
Last edited by carpediem_ro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Yvw Carpediem -ro
Enjoy Weekend and God Bless yu buddy
TCE4Ever :D 8)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 pm

how cute is this lil song? :) loving the pics!
from FTD In A Private Moment

phpBB [video]

Last edited by carpediem_ro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 am

phpBB [video]

The man can lift you up and put you under.
It's really a wee hours strike of genius. I'm glad he found it funny :lol:

From Elvis (The Fool) FTD Special Edition 2CD - Disc 2 The Outtakes

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:01 pm

phpBB [video]

Not one for the weak-hearted..

From FTD The Home Recordings

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:11 pm

phpBB [video]

Almost in a whisper...a sweet lighthearted tenderness in his voice which makes me think about the time: May, 1958...before the summer and the month of August 1958.

From FTD The Home Recordings and previously in '78 on Forever Young, Forever Beautiful

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Enjoy This Carpedium -ro And All Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjOIXo8s ... 1F42CE4E56

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:20 pm

karlos wrote:Enjoy This Carpedium -ro And All Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjOIXo8s ... 1F42CE4E56

phpBB [video]

Thank you! Another great ballad by Ivory Joe Hunter.

First released on Elvis (Fool) 1973.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:40 pm

phpBB [video]

You'll Never Walk Alone, The Straight Arrow release of the Uniondale, NY, July 19th, 1975 8:30 pm show.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 pm

http://youtu.be/4DRUdTALcn8

Mona Lisa

Elvis Plays Piano

For Carpediem -ro And All Members
Enjoy

::rocks 4ever

Elvis Rocks My Life 24/7

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 pm

karlos wrote:http://youtu.be/4DRUdTALcn8

Mona Lisa

Elvis Plays Piano

For Carpediem -ro And All Members
Enjoy

::rocks 4ever

Elvis Rocks My Life 24/7

Thank you! That's a guitar Karlos, not a piano :) But it's a brilliant Elvis right there! :) I love the Nat King Cole exquisiteness with a pinch of country vibe out of that guitar. The Elvis magic alright!
phpBB [video]

Last edited by carpediem_ro on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Ok im so sorry carpediem -ro
I always believd that he playd pianno on this one - so sorry for my mistake

::rocks 4 ever
Elvis Rocks My World

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 pm

http://youtu.be/G8zqUvd9vGo

Enjoy This Carpediem -ro and all membrs

Elvis Plays Piano On This One ::rocks evr
Elvis Rox My World

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 pm

karlos wrote:Ok im so sorry carpediem -ro
I always believd that he playd pianno on this one - so sorry for my mistake

::rocks 4 ever
Elvis Rocks My World

No, no problem at all Karlos! I appreciate your links and I thank you very much for them! Keep them coming! :)