GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

billyblues
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Post by billyblues »

Greg1995 wrote: I bet you are him :D But at least he shares part of his enormous collection with the fans... that's nice. Wonder if he has the Pied Piper of Cleveland (maybe not because the snippets would be shown in the book like the swimming pool footage) or any other precious 50s footage.
Took some time to do it, though. And if you think that's all he has, think again.

But at least he's sharing some material.

Thank you, Blue River. Thank you, rjm. Thank you, Ken.

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

And does anyone know who Heather Mozart is? She seems to have contributed many lovely photos / artifacts for this book.

Blue River
Banned
Banned

Post by Blue River »

Page 239 - Is that Bill Black singing with Elvis? Sure looks like him! (Maybe on "Shake, Rattle and Roll" ?)

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

As many here did, I too ordered "A Boy From Tupelo" from shopelvis.com and here's a little piece of info I noticed (and don't like at all) when checking the status of my order :
Please note: This item is available for backorder. Orders will ship on or around September 7.
http://www.shopelvis.com/Product.aspx?cp=796_56191_14047&pc=EPCD221

:smt013

Henryk

Tony..

Post by Tony.. »

Blue River wrote:Page 239 - Is that Bill Black singing with Elvis? Sure looks like him! (Maybe on "Shake, Rattle and Roll" ?)
Could be someone introducing him, as Scotty doesn't appear to be playing his guitar, so it is probably at the beginning of the show or between songs.
It's interesting to note that Elvis played Magnolia gardens again on August 7th, where some colour home movie was shot and since released.

Blue River
Banned
Banned

Post by Blue River »

stan from tintane wrote:Yes, not only that but upside down and back to front pages too !
There has been a production error 'at some point' with this book.
Be honest... Did you say some four-letter words when you got to those pages? :lol:

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

Hello hm80ep. I'm hoping that is for people who order it now. We pre-ordered it so it should still be here within a week after August 29th.

Blue River
Banned
Banned

Post by Blue River »

Tony.. wrote:
Blue River wrote:Page 239 - Is that Bill Black singing with Elvis? Sure looks like him! (Maybe on "Shake, Rattle and Roll" ?)
Could be someone introducing him, as Scotty doesn't appear to be playing his guitar, so it is probably at the beginning of the show or between songs.
That could be true.
However, one reason why I'm thinking it's possibly Bill Black is because he's dressed much like Scotty (as the two of them often did on stage then).

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

RonBaker2003 wrote:Hello hm80ep. I'm hoping that is for people who order it now. We pre-ordered it so it should still be here within a week after August 29th.
I do hope you're right. Fingers crossed. :smt001

Henryk

rollinson1
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rollinson1 »

Anyone in the U.K got this from Elviscorner and if so how long did it take to deliver.
Thanks Paul

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE MOST UNDERRATED, UNDERUSED, WASTED TALENT OF ALL TIME

ElvisTheKid
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by ElvisTheKid »

Moving back to Little Mama, does anyone know the history as to when the song was discovered? where was it discovered? How long did it take to repair and what went into it? How long did Ernst have it before it was worked on?

ETK

sheila
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sheila »

What was the original release date? I'm from Colorado, U.S.
Last edited by sheila on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

billyblues
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by billyblues »

Man... That's bad! The flipped pages, that is.

I wonder how many copies got the problem? I mean, it is limited to 3000 copies and a few users already stated similar problems. Let's hope it isn't a huge quantity of troubled copies.

Thank you, Blue River. Thank you, rjm. Thank you, Ken.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Got it today along with a CD-R of "I Forgot" and a "My Happiness" vinyl single. I have made three orders from Elvis Shop London this summer, my first three orders. This guy rules! Fantastic service and lots of stuff for sale.

Anyway: I am in the middle of a move so I won't be able to read the book nor listen to the music right now, I am saving it for later. But this is a wonderful package. I can tell that already. Ernst of course deserves some kind of award for this, but I am also happy to note that so many other collectors and fans have helped out in finding photos and stories, restoring the music, sharing unreleased recordings, checking facts and editing the text, etc. This is the way to go.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Matthew

GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Post by Matthew »

Tony.. wrote:where the dull looking brown coloured discs
Ever starred in A Christmas Carol?

norrie
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by norrie »

Tony.. wrote:
norrie wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Just opened this wonderful package. Glanced through the massive book and already it is clearly evident this is going to take months to get through. What a release!

I have also just played My Happiness from disc one and I don't really have to listen to any further tracks because I know already.....

GUYS YOU HAVE NAILED IT!!!!

elvisonline
yes,the sound on the opening Memphis Recording Service acetates is remarkable.

norrie
Apart from on tracks 3 & 4, (the 2nd private recording),where the clarity of Elvis' guitar has been comprimised due to alleviating the clicks and hisses which they have achieved well.

The clarity of Elvis' guitar seems OK to me.If you would rather hear the clicks and hisses you can always play the Sunrise versions instead,which were a delight at the time but I know which one I prefer.Now we have a choice.It's all win win Tony.

norrie

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvissessions »

Tony.. wrote:
where the dull looking brown coloured discs
You sound ridiculous.

norrie
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by norrie »

elvissessions wrote:Tony.. wrote:
You sound ridiculous.
Yeah I couldn't concentrate on the great sound coming out of my speakers knowing that it came from the dull looking brown discs spinning in my CD player.

norrie

javilu

Post by javilu »

norrie wrote:
elvissessions wrote:Tony.. wrote:
You sound ridiculous.
Yeah I couldn't concentrate on the great sound coming out of my speakers knowing that it came from the dull looking brown discs spinning in my CD player.

norrie

Now that was funny!

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Now, now, we should all be thankful for TONY's ongoing "truthfulness and honesty".

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Matthew wrote:Now, now, we should all be thankful for TONY's ongoing "truthfulness and honesty".
And "love."

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

stan from tintane wrote:Yes, not only that but upside down and back to front pages too !
There has been a production error 'at some point' with this book.
No worries, I'm sure it will be exchanged as I bought from a reputable dealer.
03.jpg
Hands up who immediately went to their book and flipped through all the pages one by one? I suspect yours is fairly isolated. What the task did show me is just how loaded this book is with photos, memorabilia and of course supporting text. Page after page after page.. and it just keeps going! The most striking thing for me is that Elvis is clearly having a blast on the road, chilling out, doing every day things. This is Elvis before the image, this is Elvis before the mask of fame. His smiles are genuine, his goofing around is as one of the guys, not as the guy that all the other guys hang around with. The sheer volume of content paints this picture like never before. I look forward to absorbing this one.
Last edited by Matthew on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by Marko »

norrie wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
norrie wrote:
elvisonline wrote:Just opened this wonderful package. Glanced through the massive book and already it is clearly evident this is going to take months to get through. What a release!

I have also just played My Happiness from disc one and I don't really have to listen to any further tracks because I know already.....

GUYS YOU HAVE NAILED IT!!!!

elvisonline
yes,the sound on the opening Memphis Recording Service acetates is remarkable.

norrie
Apart from on tracks 3 & 4, (the 2nd private recording),where the clarity of Elvis' guitar has been comprimised due to alleviating the clicks and hisses which they have achieved well.

The clarity of Elvis' guitar seems OK to me.If you would rather hear the clicks and hisses you can always play the Sunrise versions instead,which were a delight at the time but I know which one I prefer.Now we have a choice.It's all win win Tony.

norrie
The clarity of the guitar on that first acetate is simply stunning. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Matthew wrote: Hands up who immediately went to their book and flipped through all the pages one by one? I suspect yours is fairly isolated.
What's not so isolated, it seems, are the folded over pages. I've seen a few reports of this, along with pages that are untrimmed - too big for the book - and uncut so that you can't separate them.

This happens with all books, I've experienced it myself, but my worry would be whether the seller will agree to pay the cost of return shipping. Mine is fine as far as I can see, but if I had to return it at my own expense it would be something like £14 to do so.

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by KevinK »

Edited - Problem was resolved.
Last edited by KevinK on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.