Off Topic Messages

Re: Dwight Howard Traded to Lakers

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:19 am

Is Wilt Chamberlain still playing for the Lakers or has he retired, yet?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:01 am

eap19351977 wrote:
Blue River wrote:Is Wilt Chamberlain still playing for the Lakers or has he retired, yet?

hes dead

Too many women can kill ? Bill Russell is still alive!!!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:04 am

If the deal is consummated, then the Lakers would be heavy favorite.
That's life, the rich get richer.

eap19351977, what is your favorite team?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:10 am

Chicago will not be competitive next season with Rose out. They would be competitive if Scalabrine played. :lol: :lol:
I believe the Eastern finals will be another rematch and I hope my Celtics win!!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 am

eap19351977 wrote:it sucks the Celtics dont have ray allen anymore

Good riddance!!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Lakers are now the favorites to win the title next year, particularly because they held on to Gasol (at least for now). A Miami/Los Angeles Final could be pretty entertaining.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Nash
Kobe
Howard
Gasol
World-Peace

Deal with that starting 5, NBA!!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 am

They may not be able to top OK City, even with Howard.

How 'bout them Warriors?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:They may not be able to top OK City, even with Howard.

How 'bout them Warriors?

I root for the Warriors to do well because of Jerry West & Mychal Thompson's son Clay.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 am

The Lakers probably go to the finals and beat Miami.

They look extremely good on paper however their weakness may be that Nash is 38 years old and they don't have much of a bench.

Given that perhaps the Thunder or Spurs can still beat them.

Stupid trade for Orlando they probably should taken the deal when L.A. offered Bynum and Gasol or Houston's offer.

The Lakers almost always end up with the best players so they create multi dynasties.

I don't care for the Miami Heat so if the Lakers do get to the finals i will be rooting for them though.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 am

eap19351977 wrote:
Jove wrote:If the deal is consummated, then the Lakers would be heavy favorite.

chicago bulls
the bulls have traded alot of there players this season dont think they should have

I haven't checked the box scores in a while... is Bob Love still playing for them?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Blue River wrote:
eap19351977 wrote:
Jove wrote:If the deal is consummated, then the Lakers would be heavy favorite.

chicago bulls
the bulls have traded alot of there players this season dont think they should have

I haven't checked the box scores in a while... is Bob Love still playing for them?

If Pete Rose and Johnny Bench were still playing for the Reds, then Love could still be playing for the Bulls. :smt006

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Howard had back surgery, and hasn't even started running yet. He will likely miss the start of the season. Odds are Kobe finds Dwight and his goofball personality annoying...having a dish-first pg like Nash will make it an easier transition. If Howard gets back to his previous levels, LA is the favorite..but OKC will make the west interesting.

Funny how Orl could have got a better package from the Nets, but cut off their nose to spite their face because they felt Brooklyn tampered (though he Nets deny it and Orl didn't dare filing tampering charges). Hope they enjoy Afflalo and cap space that no A level stars will touch.

Anthony Davis might as well start getting ready for Hollywood...Lakers get every dominant big.

Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Gasol
Dwight

At least the "Dwightmare" is over.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:59 pm

midnightx wrote:Lakers are now the favorites to win the title next year, particularly because they held on to Gasol (at least for now). A Miami/Los Angeles Final could be pretty entertaining.

I would love that scenario!!!!! 8)

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am

ian wrote:
midnightx wrote:Lakers are now the favorites to win the title next year, particularly because they held on to Gasol (at least for now). A Miami/Los Angeles Final could be pretty entertaining.

You won't see it in 2013.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ian wrote:

You won't see it in 2013.

It would take the greatest comeback in sports history!!!!! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 am

So you think that they will win 4 in a row to San Antonio .... ? After 82 games, they barely classified for playoffs with Kobe ... now without him, they will win against the best teams. :sosorry:

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I predict a San Antonio sweep.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 pm

KHoots wrote:I predict a San Antonio sweep.

The series are done ... maybe predict(ed)?