"Boy from tupelo" official tracklist!!!!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mac
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Re: "Boy from tupelo" official tracklist!!!!

Post by Mac »

I was out and about with a friend earlier and we was wondering why no track listing wasn't announced and then I come home to see this lol.

It totally is going to rock when this item comes out, but wish August would hurry up. Any update on the release date in August yet?

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Tony.. »

hm80ep wrote:
MORERO wrote:Why the promotion for the awfull ElvisMatters club ??. They are better prices available, so i don't get it.
Why quoting such a long track listing when expressing one's opinion about a fan club (awful or not). I don't get it either. :|
Why are they 'awful'??!! I've always heard good things about them.

VOC
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by VOC »

Still could some expert list the unreleased takes for us? I'm absolutely getting this release regardless but information like this would be very much appreciated, thanks!

- Whisky Woman, Don't You Know That You Are Driving Me Insane -

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

Tony.. wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
MORERO wrote:Why the promotion for the awfull ElvisMatters club ??. They are better prices available, so i don't get it.
Why quoting such a long track listing when expressing one's opinion about a fan club (awful or not). I don't get it either. :|
Why are they 'awful'??!! I've always heard good things about them.
Your question needs to be directed at MORERO, Tony.

Henryk

Ringrock

Post by Ringrock »

VOC wrote:Still could some expert list the unreleased takes for us? I'm absolutely getting this release regardless but information like this would be very much appreciated, thanks!
You can find everyting to make the list and look like an expert here: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-sessions/50_index.html
and here: http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lists/01-1954.html

And then publish your results here :lol:

"Sudden the worst turns the best for the brave...."

VOC

Post by VOC »

Well, I'm not an expert nor would want to be. Just a fan here. The real experts would probably look at the tracklist and post what's unreleased in under 30 seconds without looking at any of the sites. But thanks I'll check it out! 8)

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

I've just noticed NowDigThis provides the exact playing time for each of the three discs:

CD1: 66:40
CD2: 75:59
CD3: 79:05

Impressive indeed.

Henryk

Old Shep
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Old Shep »

When I first saw the tracklist I´ve been disappointed, but after reading it for the forth time, I growing to like it! There are many goodies we´ve never heard before. Can´t wait for the live "You´re A Heartbreaker" from March 5th 1955.

O.S. ::rocks

VOC

Post by VOC »

Old Shep wrote:When I first saw the tracklist I´ve been disappointed
Just out of curiosity, what did you expect? Aside from recently found I Forgot To remember To Forget live take, what is left off this set that could have been released?

Old Shep

Post by Old Shep »

Call me crazy, but I still hoped for something like Only You and Rock Around The Clock! There are other new findings instead! I now can´t wait for the Book! Bring it on, Ernst!

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

I was hoping for "Satisfied" at the very least. The book will be the important part for me. Perhaps the sound will be better than previous issues. It sounds like a lot of work went into the restoration.

How does one destroy an acetate? It probably was not played on a laser machine...a regular 78 turntable with quarters taped to the tonearm? Hopefully, that wasn't the case, but that's what Joan Deary and Dick Bogert did to the ones they used for the boxed sets they did. At least that's what it said in the notes to the releases.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

VOC wrote:
Old Shep wrote:When I first saw the tracklist I´ve been disappointed
Just out of curiosity, what did you expect? Aside from recently found I Forgot To remember To Forget live take, what is left off this set that could have been released?
Given the 79 minute playing time on Disc 3 (the live disc), the newly found live version of IFTRTF would have to be placed on one of the other two disc or on a separate disc. Perhaps if Ernst acquires the wire tape quickly, he can include a sticker in the set with a code for a free digital download of this unrelesed track. Sony did this for the mono version of Positively 4th Street on th mono Dylan box released two years ago.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

RKSNASHVILLE

Post by RKSNASHVILLE »

After gathering information at Keith Flynn's session site, best I can tell, here are the Sun Studio recordings that are previously UNreleased:

Note: Apparently "How Do You Think I Feel" has been out before on 'un-official' releases. If anyone has these and can provide more information or detail on this track, please do.

If have made any mistakes, please forgive. :wink:

Harbor Lights
Take 1 Reh'sal +FS 0:26 "1. Breakdowns"
Take 2 FS 0:06

Take 5 FS 0:27 "4. __"_____"__ (Breakdowns)"
Take 6 LFS 0:54
Take 7 Complete 2:24 "5. __"_____"__ (2:20) N.G.)"
Take 8 LFS 0:25 "6. __"_____"__ (Breakdown)"

Blue Moon August 15 - 19 1954
Take 1 FS 0:12 A Boy From Tupelo 2 (FTD)°
Take 2 FS 0:07 A Boy From Tupelo 2 (FTD)°
Take 3 FS 0:17 A Boy From Tupelo 2 (FTD)°

Good Rockin’ Tonight

Take 1 0:06 A Boy From Tupelo 2 (FTD)° (Fragment)

When it Rains it Pours

Take 1 (In)Comp. 1:36 "1. When It Rains It Really Pours"

Take 2 Reh'sal 2:11 "2. Breakdown -"

How Do You Think I Feel

Take 1 (M) 3:07
A Boy From Tupelo 1 (FTD)°~The Sun Country Years 1950 - 1959 (Bear Family Box Set)° (2:43)~Memphis Recording Service Volume 2° (2:43) ~When All Was Kool° (2:43)

Tryout 1:13 (Featuring Scotty's guitar - Elvis off-mic)
A Boy From Tupelo 2 (FTD)°~The Sun Country Years 1950 - 1959 (Bear Family Box Set)°~Memphis Recording Service Vol. 2°~When All Was Kool°

Again - this was just a quick "look over" so don't crucify me if there is a mistake - just trying to provide a little information.

RKS

elvisonline

Post by elvisonline »

Old Shep wrote:Call me crazy, but I still hoped for something like Only You and Rock Around The Clock! There are other new findings instead! I now can´t wait for the Book! Bring it on, Ernst!

I agree, that's pretty much how I felt too. Happy with what we've got but had a hope that we might get one additional rarity such as Rock Around The Clock or Satisfied.

This set may well have been the last hope for Sun rarities. We just need to enjoy what we have now :)

elvisonline

'She asked me if I could be there by three. I was there by the time she hung up the phone'

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

This looks very good and very very complete for what it is.

All the tape elements they have appear to be here.

I cannot wait.

And the 2 interviews which I viewed as essential for this release, and recieved flak for by certain people in the medical community,
are going to be there. Fantastic.
The interviews which are very scarce in this era, will bring more perspective to the whole set.
I don't think the Mae Axton interview is the complete version, but I can't complain.

The Bob Neal one appears to be complete. I haven't checked clock times yet.

And it was too late for IFTRTF, but hey, we are getting another song we have never heard live before

in "You're a heartbreaker". And another version of "hearts of stone" I believe.

This is going to be so cool that the wait time is getting more and more difficult.

I don't think this is it, concerning the Sun era.

I think over the years more and more tapes or wires will be found and other Hayride radio stuff will be discovered in the future.

But this will hold us for A-while.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

memphisking wrote:seems like someone's prediction on a previous thread was spot on!! 8)
What prediction was that?

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

VOC wrote:Still could some expert list the unreleased takes for us? I'm absolutely getting this release regardless but information like this would be very much appreciated, thanks!
From Elvis in Norway do a great job of this, and should have their page update soon.
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/bmg.html

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Sessionman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by Sessionman »

Can't wait to get a hold on it... (though very in the hush hush I "spoiled" myself believing there would be an "unheard" song... was really hoping for "Rock Around The Clock"). Anyway... am not complaining, it WAS/IS a book project after all... these are just extra goodies... which I'm sure in time I'll appreciate ALL the wonders it has to offer.

Sessionman
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by Sessionman »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
From Elvis in Norway do a great job of this, and should have their page update soon.
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/bmg.html
Thanks for the info Doc!! Will be checking it out.

Old Shep

Post by Old Shep »

Elvisonline wrote: "We just need to enjoy what we have now"

I guess, we should do... Hey, a few years ago, we would have been given anything like "Little Mama", "You´re A Heartbreaker" oder the "That´s All Right, Mama" from Meridian, we would have gone crazy. Many of us still remember the eighties, when very few new found recordings came to light... Bring it on, Ernst!

RKSNASHVILLE

Post by RKSNASHVILLE »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
This is the first place I go to see what is previously released because they are the best at it. I hope they can update soon but we may find out beforehand as 'A Boy From Tupelo' is to be released this week. In other words - many may have it in hand before they get a chance to update their site info.

RKS

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Finally we will be able to hear a live version of "You're A Heartbreaker"!

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Blue River
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Blue River »

RKSNASHVILLE wrote: (Elvis In Norway) is the first place I go to see what is previously released because they are the best at it. I hope they can update soon but we may find out beforehand as 'A Boy From Tupelo' is to be released this week. In other words - many may have it in hand before they get a chance to update their site info.
RKS, isn't the set supposed to be released in mid-to-late August?

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

Old Shep wrote:Elvisonline wrote: "We just need to enjoy what we have now"

I guess, we should do... Hey, a few years ago, we would have been given anything like "Little Mama", "You´re A Heartbreaker" oder the "That´s All Right, Mama" from Meridian, we would have gone crazy. Many of us still remember the eighties, when very few new found recordings came to light... Bring it on, Ernst!

The eighties were a gold mine of new recordings if you collected boot LP's.

So much stuff came out it was mineboggling.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Blue River wrote:
RKSNASHVILLE wrote: (Elvis In Norway) is the first place I go to see what is previously released because they are the best at it. I hope they can update soon but we may find out beforehand as 'A Boy From Tupelo' is to be released this week. In other words - many may have it in hand before they get a chance to update their site info.
RKS, isn't the set supposed to be released in mid-to-late August?
I believe it is being released in the UK at the beginning of August and for some reason at the end of August in North Amercia.